What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So the footy show decided to skip the review of the Eels Cowboys game for absolutely no reason. Pathetic.

Haha they are really pathetic but doesnt surprise me. Didnt they miss the Eels/Panthers game as well this year? Then Fox League had it down as the game of the round.

Thats the reason I havent watched it, I figured this episode they'd spend 2 hours talking about Origin.

Unfortunately we have to put up with the idiots at Origin.

King-Gutho94

Coach
They have blatantly admitted it, they are no friend to RL.
What about them flogging the Yawnion with it being on the Stan Sport subscription.

Thats worse then the AFL i reckon.

You might not see it in Brissy but in sydney that Flog Danny Wielder every week for the past 2 months on the 6pm news with his league segment has been chatting with that Union flog rent a quote Hamish McLennan about Suualli every week and how he wants to destroy RL.

Hey Danny we dont give a flying toss about Hamish McLennan or Rugby. Just because he is your best mate all of sudden wanting to ring you up to get his face on the news.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Haha they are really pathetic but doesnt surprise me. Didnt they miss the Eels/Panthers game as well this year? Then Fox League had it down as the game of the round.

Thats the reason I havent watched it, I figured this episode they'd spend 2 hours talking about Origin.

Unfortunately we have to put up with the idiots at Origin.
Danika is the only one worth watching on Channel 9 when it comes to league coverage. She has gone past Vonnie with the presenting but she wont go to Fox as Vonnie has blocked her path to be lead presenter.

Roz Kelly goes alright as well but they have shifted her to an All-round sports presenter away from League which she started at like a decade ago. Now they have her across all sports like Tennis & Cricket.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Danika is the only one worth watching on Channel 9 when it comes to league coverage. She has gone past Vonnie with the presenting but she wont go to Fox as Vonnie has blocked her path to be lead presenter.

Roz Kelly goes alright as well but they have shifted her to an All-round sports presenter away from League which she started at like a decade ago. Now they have her across all sports like Tennis & Cricket.

Danika is pretty good but I dont know how she puts up with Fittler and Johns.

I wasnt aware Roz was back there, I'm sure she'll present the Ashes this year, given her hubby is a former test cricketer.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Danika is pretty good but I dont know how she puts up with Fittler and Johns.

I wasnt aware Roz was back there, I'm sure she'll present the Ashes this year, given her hubby is a former test cricketer.
Yes Roz is going to Roland Garros in France and then doing the Ashes in England i believe.

Roz does the Sports Sunday show before the footy show at 10am with Tubby Taylor and other guests.

I haven't seen that red bandana flog Fitzsimons on there for a while which makes the show more watchable.

Yeah i have no idea how Danika puts up Fairy head Fittler or Grumpy Joey either.

JokerEel

Coach
What about them flogging the Yawnion with it being on the Stan Sport subscription.

Thats worse then the AFL i reckon.

You might not see it in Brissy but in sydney that Flog Danny Wielder every week for the past 2 months on the 6pm news with his league segment has been chatting with that Union flog rent a quote Hamish McLennan about Suualli every week and how he wants to destroy RL.

Hey Danny we dont give a flying toss about Hamish McLennan or Rugby. Just because he is your best mate all of sudden wanting to ring you up to get his face on the news.

Fairly Sure Vlandys has a plan to deal with Niens lazy approach to the NRL.

He is taking the NRL to the USA I can see CBS (10) having a play for the rights.

Then we might actually get some proper coverage.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon us and the Warriors should play for the Daniel Anderson Cup tbh.

I know he is at the roosters now. But we already play for the Jack Gibson cup between the two of us.

Lets add a bit more meaning to Parra v Warriors games - DA coached both teams to a GF. Since 1995 when the warriors have entered the comp neither team has won a comp and only played in 5 GFs combined DA was coach of 2 of those.

Gazzamatta

Coach
View attachment 74862

Our CEO is on the fund raising committee for DA, together with other CEO's of where he coached.

View attachment 74863
That is excellent news. Id wondered if his salary cap drama involvement and subsequent dismissal would override his wonderful prior efforts as head coach and developing so many great Eels.
Thanks for sharing mate and well done Eels.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon us and the Warriors should play for the Daniel Anderson Cup tbh.

I know he is at the roosters now. But we already play for the Jack Gibson cup between the two of us.

Lets add a bit more meaning to Parra v Warriors games - DA coached both teams to a GF. Since 1995 when the warriors have entered the comp neither team has won a comp and only played in 5 GFs combined DA was coach of 2 of those.
Perfect suggestion KG.

King-Gutho94

Coach
NSW Cup game Eels vs Jets 24 June 2023 at Henson Park is part of Welcome Day, “celebration of the creativity and diversity the Inner West Community embraces and thrives on”.

Yeah I think I'll be watching Dolphins v Eels at 3pm that arvo on Fox.