What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time To Pull The Trigger

DJDL

Bench
I think it's getting closer by the day to the time when Moylan is switched out for Trindall.

The game last night is another one which got away.
Plenty of opportunities, but just couldn't ice them.

And Moylan, for all his class, just looks to be off the pace this year.
He had a couple of moments last night, but some stinkers as well.

By all accounts Trindall is braining them when he gets a chance back in Reggies.
I say it's time to make the move, sooner rather than later, so it has time to settled heading into the back end of the season.

I thought Moylan was better than Nicho last night. Nicho was terrible. Not just execution but his decision making was poor.

In saying that, he gets a bad game pass and I agree, Trindall deserves his shot.

So does Connor in the centre on a regular basis. He has performed at a high level anytime he’s been called in.

For me our forwards and bench do not need Graham or Dale. They are past their sell by and only in for injuries.

BHU
Brailey
Rudolf
Sifa
Brit
McInnes

w a full forward bench:

Fusi
Hazelton
Tieg
Williams

DJDL

Bench
Agreed on Hynes.
His decision to kick in the third tackle, into a howling breeze, 2 minutes out from half time while trailing by 4 ended up leading to the Broncos third try.

His short kicking game was diabolical at times as well.

But yeah, he gets a leave pass for having an off night, and having plenty of upside.

Moyza, unfortunately, is on a downward trajectory and pretty much produces the same every week.

I’m no Moylan hater, quite the contrary, but I just feel it’s time.

The squad is morphing, with big Tommy coming through, and I think this is the next logical step in its evolution.

S
When do we discuss Ronny?? He was absolutely shocking last night, probably his worst ever game.

Shame Ikuvalu left because we don’t really have a replacement for him or anyone to put pressure on him.

I haven’t been sold on Ronny for quite a while now
Stonestreet will very soon be keeping Ronaldo and Katoa accountable. More so than Ikuvalu ever would be.

Craigshark

First Grade
When do we discuss Ronny?? He was absolutely shocking last night, probably his worst ever game.

Shame Ikuvalu left because we don’t really have a replacement for him or anyone to put pressure on him.

it feels like Ronaldo is either injured or he is playing without the confidence he normally has when he is scoring the flashy tries. Agree, he has been average for weeks now.

I’ve defended Graham for a while, but he really offers nothing. It was so obvious last night against a bigger, more physical and younger pack that he is done. Same with Finucane. I had high hopes for him, I’m sure he is a good trainer, but he offers nothing. We’re stuck with him for another 2 seasons. Yikes. The forwards after 15 minutes last night were blowing big time. Have we increased our training load or something? We looked so tired and so flat coming off the bye.

not sure on what to do about Moylan. Not sure how a Hynes/trindall combo would go. I guess it might be worth a shot.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Half the comp we have a field day and the other half we dont. They don’t have the patience to withstand a lot of pressure and just want score, score and score.
Ronny irks me, but in recent games, he and the other backs have been doing plenty of the bash work with our missing forwards.
Again, last night was really just a reflection of where we are. Later part of the top 8 somewhere with a possible shot at getting to the second week of the semis.
If you think otherwise, you’re Dr Feelgood.

1990 sharkie

Juniors

Agreed. He was good for awhile but then decided to be a merkin so he is targeted by all the teams, a target he can't handle.Teams and supporters want to shut him up and they have been.

Omnishark2

Juniors
I agree DJDL, time for Fitzy to pull the trigger.
It's time for Fitz to start making the tough decisions (eg Slater and Gagai for Origin).

Moylan is not our only problem, but his style of play doesn't work against the best defences. Time to give Trindall a go - having a better kicking option will take pressure off Nicho too.

It's been obvious all year that Finucane and Wade are cooked. Is Fitz up to having honest discussions with them ?

I agree DJDL, time for Fitzy to pull the trigger.
It's time for Fitz to start making the tough decisions (eg Slater and Gagai for Origin).

Moylan is not our only problem, but his style of play doesn't work against the best defences. Time to give Trindall a go - having a better kicking option will take pressure off Nicho too.

It's been obvious all year that Finucane and Wade are cooked. Is Fitz up to having honest discussions with them ?
Honest discussions with Wade?

Wade has become so delusional I heard him say he will see if he has another year in him for next year but he’ll make that decision later in the year.

Wade it’s not if you can still jog on a footy field buddy. You have no impact in a game of First Grade Rugby League anymore. You haven’t for awhile.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Honest discussions with Wade?

Wade has become so delusional I heard him say he will see if he has another year in him for next year but he’ll make that decision later in the year.

Wade it’s not if you can still jog on a footy field buddy. You have no impact in a game of First Grade Rugby League anymore. You haven’t for awhile.
Said plenty the covid year of 2021 - the bloke was sooo cooked he stayed in Sydney recovering from head trauma and never made a trip up north to spend anytime with the team when they were relocated. And he’s still here.

Special K

Coach
Statistically Moylan is up there across many different categories. He won’t be dropped mid season right or wrong.

Our style doesn’t work Vs the best teams.

carinashark

First Grade
Just let Wade and Finurgan play at Newtown. We have Tom H now is the time to bring on Calhoun. How is Dykesy coming on with his injury? I liked that Fitzy showed a bit of emotion in the coaches box. There is stuff out there he dose not like. Not quite in the same Leauge as Ricky and Bellyache but you have to start somewhere.
just to add. I think Brailey was tremendous last night.

shaggs

Coach
We are one dimensional. The only option we have in attack is the slingshot backline move from side to side or the occasional hit a short edge back rower. The souths, bronocs, panthers and raiders of the world eat that shit up.

Our middle forwards aren’t athletic or explosive enough to do anything except the normal hit ups, and hope they find their front. The middle looked slow and cumbersome last night from the hill.

Hynes struggles with his short kicking game because every team knows he is the only real option. Brailey and Moylan with potential for Kennedy to take load off. The better defensive sides and fullbacks just call out where it’s going to and coming from.

Having a single long kicker works if you can flog the ball like Moses or Cleary, but hynes long kicks arent as powerful. Trindall gives a kicker either side of the ruck, with the added benefit of his short inside 10 metre kicking game.
As a team they need to start building pressure through repeat sets and better ball control

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ramien's another one who's in that ok but nothing special category as well.

He was very close to our best last night. Just one overstated blemish that was only half his fault. He played very tough. Especially when Nikora was having his wing time. He made 23 runs! That's huge. He made more metres than our starting props. Made the most PCMs of our whole side. Only m issed one tackle. No penalties.

What are you people looking at? Learn to look past the odd error FFS. Or you'll never be happy

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think the last time our ball control was decent was the Flanno era, that is why we can't beat the top 8 teams. We don't hold the ball, he dosent help when you see the leaders in the team Finucane, Moylan drop the ball.

I would rather have Hazelton start have Hunt come of bench he is better in that role.

I agree with having Trindall in the team, he is very good general kicker, I think he kicked 2 40/20 at start of the year.

Special K

Coach
On that Raimen error how many times have he and Katoa pulled that move off? He didn’t pass until Oates committed at the last second. Katoa was too flat/excited.

He was very close to our best last night. Just one overstated blemish that was only half his fault. He played very tough. Especially when Nikora was having his wing time. He made 23 runs! That's huge. He made more metres than our starting props. Made the most PCMs of our whole side. Only m issed one tackle. No penalties.

What are you people looking at? Learn to look past the odd error FFS. Or you'll never be happy
Mate, don't patronise me. The error was katoa's fault doing a feki and overrunning the play. I stick by what I said, he's an ok player who's not suddenly going to become a star.