What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Simpkins we were after before, so Yes from me

Averillo is an awesome pick up to any good club. Dogs are pretty bad and not keeping their talent.

I would think that Alamoti would be the more attractive prospect; that is not meant as disrespect to Avarilio as he is versatile and has speed, but the younger kid is a beast and could be anything.

I don’t see us as being able to afford either unfortunately.

MugaB

Coach
I would think that Alamoti would be the more attractive prospect; that is not meant as disrespect to Avarilio as he is versatile and has speed, but the younger kid is a beast and could be anything.

Avarillo is a gun, can cover centres and fullback, problem is we have martin, luai, edwards and sorrenson to lock up... it wont happen, id love to tho

age.s

First Grade
I'm still not sure why everyone assumes we have no money. I can understand morale being low here given we've lost a few players recently (and perhaps a couple more to come), but we've put competetive offers in front of these very highly rated players, we've just been outbid by teams willing to give them big money. We have a few to (potentially) upgrade but there's clearly some money to play with. It's not like we're actively trying to shop around players on contracts, like the Knights, Dogs or Tigers to name a few. Blade has also said that we have money for a "mid tier" signing.

Whether that money would be best spent on Averillo (or others) will come down to factors like whether other clubs are actually in for him, what they're willing/able to spend, whether we think we have enough quality/depth in the backs, whether other clubs will pay freight etc. But given we have a bunch of cash not going to Critta, Leniu and probably Sorensen suggests there's something substantial to work with at least.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Avarillo is a gun, can cover centres and fullback, problem is we have martin, luai, edwards and sorrenson to lock up... it wont happen, id love to tho
It's easy let Luai go and sign Laurie as a 5/8...let Cleary have more ball anyways plus Yeo is basically a half then we could sign both dogs centres.. Aravillo would add much needed speed with Critter gone and the other guy was rated as a gun early in the year and looked really good.

I'd play both those centres into our centres then Tago goes straight into the backrow if Sorro goes if not be handy on the bench

MugaB

Coach
It's easy let Luai go and sign Laurie as a 5/8...let Cleary have more ball anyways plus Yeo is basically a half then we could sign both dogs centres.. Aravillo would add much needed speed with Critter gone and the other guy was rated as a gun early in the year and looked really good.

I'd play both those centres into our centres then Tago goes straight into the backrow if Sorro goes if not be handy on the bench
Insane stuff.... Laurie Vs Romy

Luke Bowden

First Grade

That’s a horrific idea

Iamback

Coach

Alamoti will get crazy money on potential

Averillo is not such a sure thing, Where do you play him? Not sure he has cemented any position.

He'd make a handy 14 here if the money adds up, Until he makes a position his own

Iamback

Coach
I honestly don't think alot of people understand that our team still wins plenty of games missing a half.. Even with Cleary out we will wins games and let's be honest we keep Cleary over Luai if you could only chose one.

Not too many games we have both out though

MugaB

Coach

Averillo is not such a sure thing, Where do you play him? Not sure he has cemented any position.

He'd make a handy 14 here if the money adds up, Until he makes a position his own
Averillo is a centre... and covers fullback, its basically like for like Critta

GowersDallyM

Juniors

Alamoti has the build to be a very explosive back rower

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I honestly don't think alot of people understand that our team still wins plenty of games missing a half.. Even with Cleary out we will wins games and let's be honest we keep Cleary over Luai if you could only chose one.
We should be aiming to win comps. You do that with the best possible spine. Luai is most definitely in our best possible spine, unless you are swapping him out for Munster

age.s

First Grade
I mean, there's every possibility we lose Luai no matter what we do. Picking up Laurie on the cheap as depth and seeing how he goes in the position during Origin isn't the worst idea. He can't be expecting a huge contract at this point. If we keep Luai, he's depth for a few key positions. If Luai goes and he does well in the 6, great. If Luai goes and doesn't impress we're no worse off.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I mean, there's every possibility we lose Luai no matter what we do. Picking up Laurie on the cheap as depth and seeing how he goes in the position during Origin isn't the worst idea. He can't be expecting a huge contract at this point. If we keep Luai, he's depth for a few key positions. If Luai goes and he does well in the 6, great. If Luai goes and doesn't impress we're no worse off.
Facts. The way I see things at is stands is as follows...

We have lost so much talent in the past three years especially (including next year) and we've gained afew cheapies.

We have a hooker that probably doesn't make any starting side in any other team.

Have some decent juniors coming through that are a good two years or more to making the fg side.

We are spending up very big keeping players that I believe we could manage without e.g Martin and Luai for cheaper options..Marto stays and I'm happy with that but something has to give at some point with all the big names..

MugaB

Coach
Facts. The way I see things at is stands is as follows...

We have lost so much talent in the past three years especially (including next year) and we've gained afew cheapies.

We have a hooker that probably doesn't make any starting side in any other team.

Have some decent juniors coming through that are a good two years or more to making the fg side.

We are spending up very big keeping players that I believe we could manage without e.g Martin and Luai for cheaper options..Marto stays and I'm happy with that but something has to give at some point with all the big names..
Yeo wont be there forever, he has already signed his last contract, then we got guys like eisenhuth, chris smith, who all be probably fringe guys who are also around that same time will be on the end of careers
Keeping Martin is a must, the rest of the squad is fairly young