What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Oh please! We haven't choked since the 2009 semi final series! The 2011 season wasn't a choke because Uncle Wayne had already clocked out mid-way through the season, and we never recovered from origin. We haven't choked since then because we've been crap, except for a small victory in the 2018 semi finals where we flogged the donkeys, and were beaten on the back of three field goals from Adam Reynolds in the next game, with the last one in the 79th minute. In no way can this be considered a choke because we were expected to be flogged by the donkeys in the previous week- we exceeded all expectations to even play souths, let alone push them to the absolute limit. Can anyone remember who executed a questionable last minute play in that game? One clue-think of the Canberra game this year. The more things change, the more they stay the same. This game was also famous for the peanut's comment "85 minutes from a grand final". I truly hated him as a coach, but some of comments and excuses make me laugh today, although they made me want to throttle him at the time.

Normal transmission resumed in 2019, and so none of the years, including this year, can be considered a choke.
Haha, back in the Brownie days my user name was 'Pleasehelpchoking', then I didn't post for a while and eventually forgot my password. Eventually I rejoined, hence my name 😀

Draginzaaar

Bench
Oh please! We haven't choked since the 2009 semi final series! The 2011 season wasn't a choke because Uncle Wayne had already clocked out mid-way through the season, and we never recovered from origin. We haven't choked since then because we've been crap, except for a small victory in the 2018 semi finals where we flogged the donkeys, and were beaten on the back of three field goals from Adam Reynolds in the next game, with the last one in the 79th minute. In no way can this be considered a choke because we were expected to be flogged by the donkeys in the previous week- we exceeded all expectations to even play souths, let alone push them to the absolute limit. Can anyone remember who executed a questionable last minute play in that game? One clue-think of the Canberra game this year. The more things change, the more they stay the same. This game was also famous for the peanut's comment "85 minutes from a grand final". I truly hated him as a coach, but some of comments and excuses make me laugh today, although they made me want to throttle him at the time.

Normal transmission resumed in 2019, and so none of the years, including this year, can be considered a choke.
Yes I remember...last tackle in exrtra time 12 all, Hunt instead of kicking to the corner goes down the blind side thinking he's Andrew Johns. Passes it to (I can't remember) and they drop it on about halfway. Souths have 6 tackles for Reynolds to kick his 3rd field goal and win the game.

dannyt

Coach
Yes I remember...last tackle in exrtra time 12 all, Hunt instead of kicking to the corner goes down the blind side thinking he's Andrew Johns. Passes it to (I can't remember) and they drop it on about halfway. Souths have 6 tackles for Reynolds to kick his 3rd field goal and win the game.
Still, 85 minutes from a grand final, so it wasn't all bad.

Dragon David

First Grade
Look, I think that Hunt going to the Titans so that he and his wife and kids can be closer to their respective families is a furphy well and truly. Unless the Titans are going to get rid of either of Tanah Boyd, Tom Weaver and Toby Sexton and maybe Jayden Campbell and maybe Kieran Foran and maybe Brimson, I don't think so. The Titans are not in the mix as far as I am concerned nor are the Broncos and Cowboys.

I think it is a Sydney club that he and his manager have had talks with and plenty of talks I would think leading up to this farce.

He is our, but soon not to be, club captain, has not managed the team well this year, a devoted fan of the failed coach and is a massive jinx as far as I am concerned. He is now not worth worrying about. When he plays in the 2nd SOO game tomorrow night I won't be saying things like please don't get injured Benny we need you in our NRL games. God forbid, but if he suffers with a season ending ACL, no club will want him particularly at his age. I don't want this to happen of course but Karma might come into play.

His actions, if he is successful and obtains his release, could create a precedent for other players from our club and other clubs requesting releases from their contracts. Who knows and the NRL won't want that.

Hunt has a hidden agenda with another club for sure, already deep in negotiations that is why he wants an immediate release. It's not that someone in his or his wife's family having medical issues requiring them to urgently leave NSW to go back to Queensland. He is that desperate that he would be willing to pay out of his own pocket a reasonable amount so that he could leave us just shows that he has something else lined up.

A meeting with him by our officials won't change his mind. It will be a stalemate until one or the other has to give in. The situation will develop into a circus. Hunt has made us signing any decent players much harder now the useless thing he is.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Look, I think that Hunt going to the Titans so that he and his wife and kids can be closer to their respective families is a furphy well and truly. Unless the Titans are going to get rid of either of Tanah Boyd, Tom Weaver and Toby Sexton and maybe Jayden Campbell and maybe Kieran Foran and maybe Brimson, I don't think so. The Titans are not in the mix as far as I am concerned nor are the Broncos and Cowboys.

I think it is a Sydney club that he and his manager have had talks with and plenty of talks I would think leading up to this farce.

He is our, but soon not to be, club captain, has not managed the team well this year, a devoted fan of the failed coach and is a massive jinx as far as I am concerned. He is now not worth worrying about. When he plays in the 2nd SOO game tomorrow night I won't be saying things like please don't get injured Benny we need you in our NRL games. God forbid, but if he suffers with a season ending ACL, no club will want him particularly at his age. I don't want this to happen of course but Karma might come into play.

His actions, if he is successful and obtains his release, could create a precedent for other players from our club and other clubs requesting releases from their contracts. Who knows and the NRL won't want that.

Hunt has a hidden agenda with another club for sure, already deep in negotiations that is why he wants an immediate release. It's not that someone in his or his wife's family having medical issues requiring them to urgently leave NSW to go back to Queensland. He is that desperate that he would be willing to pay out of his own pocket a reasonable amount so that he could leave us just shows that he has something else lined up.

A meeting with him by our officials won't change his mind. It will be a stalemate until one or the other has to give in. The situation will develop into a circus. Hunt has made us signing any decent players much harder now the useless thing he is.
So… he sits out until we get a suitable replacement. Pangai +1 from dogs, Walker + 1 from chooks OR he agrees to play out this year (at least)

mickeylane

Bench
Would take as a Hunt straight exchange
Walker as a 6
Hutchison as a 13
Lodge as a 10 to cover Kerr

This seems good value

Backline 2024

Ramsay
Rava
Lomax
Suli
Feagai ??

Sullivan
Walker (goal kicker)

dannyt

Coach
Would take as a Hunt straight exchange
Walker as a 6
Hutchison as a 13
Lodge as a 10 to cover Kerr

This seems good value

Backline 2024
Ramsay
Rava
Lomax
Suli
Feagai ??

Sullivan
Walker (goal kicker)
Hutchison? Now that's interesting. I'm sure his immediate reaction would be never come anywhere near our club again. Who could blame him? A young half finally given the call through injury to start at halfback in first grade, only to be benched by the peanut of a coach to reveal his master plan of playing the lock at halfback. At about 30-0 down and 10 to go, Hutch finally gets his chance, before being dropped the following week. Why would you go back to a club, your junior club, if that's how they treated you? Mind you, the peanut of a coach is no longer and neither is Elmer Fudd.

Gareth67

First Grade
Why is the media being so damn helpful to the struggling Dragons - who mind you , according to them , have created this situation ?

They certainly realise just what is going on and which clubs are involved , so now the cretins are making suggestions to the St.George Illawarra club as to how to off-load Ben Hunt and which Titan players we should ask for in return .

What a pack of hypocrites !

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If the NRL was run properly and the Anti-tampering rules were properly applied and say the Dogs and Titans were fined a million or 2 and deducted competition points which they should, I would love to hear the media's take on how those clubs are being run? Apparently anti-tampering is signs of a well run club which teams should be running to join?