What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
I wouldn't mind seeing Bud in the 7 and Sam Walker in the 6.
The Dragons have been pandering to Hunt for too long. Pretty sure that team morale would be better without him.
Well I'd like to see some big changes mainly because we are so off the mark these days:

1. Lomax
2. Lobb
3. Matt Feagai
4. Suli
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. A new big prop
9. Lidelle
10. A new big prop
11. A new fast edge forward that can tackle
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

BLM01

First Grade
Why is the media being so damn helpful to the struggling Dragons - who mind you , according to them , have created this situation ?

They certainly realise just what is going on and which clubs are involved , so now the cretins are making suggestions to the St.George Illawarra club as to how to off-load Ben Hunt and which Titan players we should ask for in return .

What a pack of hypocrites !
Hunt to the Tigers

independent

Juniors
Just a thought.....Could it be a possibility maybe his wife wants to go back home???? why the sudden change of mind after signing a new deal.... just asking....

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Just a thought.....Could it be a possibility maybe his wife wants to go back home???? why the sudden change of mind after signing a new deal.... just asking....
If that was the case, why wouldn't you just talk to management and come to a mutually agreeable outcome? Management aren't some bunch of heartless bastards, they would understand if there were genuine family reasons. No, this is all about B Hunt deciding he can get more money elsewhere and screw the contract he just signed.

dannyt

Coach
If that was the case, why wouldn't you just talk to management and come to a mutually agreeable outcome? Management aren't some bunch of heartless bastards, they would understand if there were genuine family reasons. No, this is all about B Hunt deciding he can get more money elsewhere and screw the contract he just signed.
Exactly. The narrative would be so much different if it were a genuine family concern.

Looking more likely that Hunt wanted to go ever since hook got punted. This is what I don't get. Hunt has played over 300 first grade games. He knows league, better than anyone on these forums. Yet, he insists that hook should have remained coach, despite the style of football, predictable game plans, and lack of wins. I don't get it. Why pin your career on someone who is failing miserably?

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Exactly. The narrative would be so much different it were a genuine family concern.

Looking more likely that Hunt wanted to go ever since hook got punted. This is what I don't get. Hunt has played over 300 first grade games. He knows league, better than anyone on these forums. Yet, he insists that hook should have remained coach, despite the style of football, predictable game plans, and lack of wins. I don't get it. Why pin your career on someone who is failing miserably?
Suspect ego… Hook consulted Hunt.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Tallis had to stand down until the contract was finished.
SBW could not play RL in Australia or England until his contract ended.

But in these new enlightened days, we roll over and allow contract breaking players to do whatever they want?
BTW I am also against clubs cutting contracted players without proper compensation

dannyt

Coach
Yes it is like he has decided that he is implementing the hook release, even though he agreed to a contract without one. Stuff the consequences.
Unless he's mitigated the "consequences" by having an escape plan all along.

What is it with our captains pinning their careers on coaches who were obviously sub-par? First, McInnes and the peanut, and now Hunt with hook? Surely these two first grade footballers could see that the coach was just not working. What am I missing? Is the common denominator as simple as Haran, as has been suggested on Twitter?

Dragon David

First Grade
Exactly. The narrative would be so much different it were a genuine family concern.

So true dannyt.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Isn't Bun Hunt just saying what we've been saying for years? The front office is shit.
Yes and Haran is the biggest shit of all, he has overseen and been the instigator of all the football club shit show that’s happened and he is still there and seeming untouchable why? Everyone dislikes the board but this bloke should be sacked immediately. He is the dumpster fire at the Dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
Isn't Bun Hunt just saying what we've been saying for years? The front office is shit.
Yes that’s true but he already new that last year before he resigned
He had suitors then and played them all off against each other to the point we had to get a TPA of around $100k / year to seal the deal
Live by playing hard ball die by playing hard ball.

Reddragon

Bench
Yes that’s true but he already new that last year before he resigned
He had suitors then and played them all off against each other to the point we had to get a TPA of around $100k / year to seal the deal
Live by playing hard ball die by playing hard ball.
Apart from the front office being shit, and a mystifying belief in Griffin's coaching abilties, maybe Hunt is tired of busting a gut every week when the other players are on the piss, not turning up for awards nights, generally acting like idiots when coming last, and he thought why I am bothering if the so-called locals don't give a shit?

Latest posts