What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown - charged sexual touching

eels_fan

First Grade
It wont happen but if i was our CEO i'd be sacking him and imploring the nrl to de-register for the remainder of his contracted period with us.

Harsh but he has plead guilty and admitted he did it.

We have community stakeholders and sponsors who pay good money to our club and to be represented by our players, and Dylan has failed in that duty.

Fancy fronting an End Violence Against Woman community project but having Dylan on your playing roster as one of your marquee players

Then look at the sponsors on our jersey, and ask what would happen within their companies if an employee groped a woman without consent at the staff christmas party or in the office. They'd be sacked, and if i am paying $500k or $1m a year to the Eels to have my logo on their jersey, i'm expecting they act in the same way.

Cloeel

Juniors
It wont happen but if i was our CEO i'd be sacking him and imploring the nrl to de-register for the remainder of his contracted period with us.

We have community stakeholders and sponsors who pay good money to our club and to be represented by our players, and Dylan has failed in that duty.

Fancy fronting an End Violence Against Woman community project but having Dylan on your playing roster as one of your marquee players

Then look at the sponsors on our jersey, and ask what would happen within their companies if an employee groped a woman without consent at the staff christmas party or in the office. They'd be sacked, and if i am paying $500k or $1m a year to the Eels to have my logo on their jersey, i'm expecting they act in the same way.

Nothing Dylan did was violent towards women. However touching anyone male or female without consent is idiotic.

I don't believe he should be sacked, the public humiliation and stigma around his name for the offence is enough punishment in my opinion.

84 Baby

Referee

Cancel the ever loving f**k out of him!

You’re correct if I went and touched up one of my colleagues, I’d probably be sacked the next day.
Not sure I necessarily would if I did it to a stranger outside of work hours. Maybe on conviction I might be given notice.
If I were convicted of doing it to a stranger outside of work though, I don’t expect my current employer would then ring around to any possible future employer and say I can’t be hired.

bazza

Immortal
what would happen to the sponsor's employee if they groped a women without consent at a non-work related event?

Gronk

Staff member
Nothing Dylan did was violent towards women. However touching anyone male or female without consent is idiotic.

I don't believe he should be sacked, the public humiliation and stigma around his name for the offence is enough punishment in my opinion.
Is it sackable ? Plenty have been sacked for less.

Unfortunately there are rules for average players and different rules for really good players.

I'll just leave this here.

Cloeel

Juniors
Is it sackable ? Plenty have been sacked for less.

Unfortunately there are rules for average players and different rules for really good players.

I'll just leave this here.

"Ready to rip up a contract" and actually ripping up the contract are 2 very different sets of circumstances.

Tbh I reckon the storm leveraged the whole scenario to their benefit, for contract negotiations with Munster. Munster re signed on unders (according to the media anyways) and you can bet you're arse the whole "stuck by me through my off field drama" would have been hovering over his head.

eels_fan

First Grade
Not sure I necessarily would if I did it to a stranger outside of work hours.
if you had a public profile for your company and your sentencing and admission was publicly covered by the media and brought undue negativity to your employer - i reckon you would be.

Suitman

Post Whore

Actually, he would be the perfect advocate now to put out and front end such a campaign.
As long as he believes in his own admitted contrition.
Dylan may not be the brightest spark on the planet, but he certainly isn't the most stupid.
I believe this episode will have personally shoved a rocket up him as I am sure he knows that RL is his bread and butter for another 10 years or so.
What he did and pleaded guilty to was dumb. I believe he clearly saw the error of his ways.

This is just my glass half full opinion.

eels_fan

First Grade
So you rank all sexual crime together? No convicted people should be allowed employment?
I didn’t say that. There are levels of sexual crime, none are acceptable. I also didn’t say he should never hold a job again

Gronk

Staff member
Actually, he would be the perfect advocate now to put out and front end such a campaign.
As long as he believes in his own admitted contrition.
Dylan may not be the brightest spark on the planet, but he certainly isn't the most stupid.
I believe this episode will have personally shoved a rocket up him as I am sure he knows that RL is his bread and butter for another 10 years or so.
What he did and pleaded guilty to was dumb. I believe he clearly saw the error of his ways.

This is just my glass half full opinion.
Yeah I was hoping that whilst our barrister was negotiating a deal with the prosecution, that our club was doing the same with the NRL. Selling the idea of remorse, apology letter to victim, wants to be a change agent and role model moving forward. The club should be lobbying for what they want before f**kwits loke Hadley get involved and try and sway outcomes. Cos he will.

We are dads of young women and I don't want to wallpaper over the crime, but also I can be an advocate for a young guy to be rehabilitated. Selfish ? Probably as well. I'm like an onion.

Latest posts