What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

MugaB

Coach
There isnt a state of the art rectangular stadium sitting 30kms away from QCB, so yeh there is quite a bit of difference!
No difference, 12 games townsville... built for cowboys in Townsville ... whatever other BS you use to justify some random reason not to accept that penrith already has its own stadium already, that they ONLY play in and is now just getting upgrades to that stadium site..

MugaB

Coach
I would say a difference is the lack of any suitable stadium within 1500km.

But that's just me.
Nope, no difference, justify it however you want...
Cowboys had 1300smiles stadium for thier 12 games, penrith has their bluebet stadium now..
Both are in the same boat, its not about distance, or nearby stadia... its about upgrades to it the area, and creating another city hub

Pneuma

First Grade
Very rugby league for posters to have to justify building a relatively cheap stadium in the fastest growing area in nsw with a massive junior base and an ageing stadium.

Canard

Immortal
After all this wank a thon, has the Penrith stadium funding been announced anywhere?

Or are we just taking some random twitter account that @Wb1234 pulled out of his arse as gospel?

wazdog

Juniors
Perth Red - have you ever been to Penrith? Do you know anything about the area, infrastructure, transport situation, or demographics? Come to a Saturday night game in Penrith and see how the local community supports the Panthers, especially the number of young families and teenagers who would be unable to travel to Commbank at night. Getting home after midnight from a game of football every second week is hardly fair on them. It is not really a Sydney suburb, but a city and region in its own right!
Penrith is a growth area and is the largest RL nursery in the world. It surely deserves Government spending on a new stadium.

FYI the travel times from BlueBet to Accor (1hr 30 mins by public transport and 34 mins driving) are similar in nature to what Rabbitohs fans who live in the South East ( 1h 17 mins public transport and 34 mins driving from Souths Juniors as a guide) have had to put up with for years because the government would not offer a competitive deal in our heartland. I'm not saying the Panthers should have to put up with it as well because we did but its context.

For those who say "that's where their members live" I believe that argument is flawed as membership only became a priority to the club post privatisation and these stats were only quoted after the move. Our fans have been well represented for our games at Allianz Stadium since it opened.

In any event, I'm not against the Panthers having a rebuild but my question is why should they be prioritised over other clubs wanting one. For the clubs that have stadiums owned by their councils (Panthers, Manly etc) I believe there needs to be a meaningful contribution from the council as part of the proposal as they own the asset and it's for the benefit of the local community who they respresent.

Contributing to the build is similar to how all these CoE were funded with some including a contribution of the respective clubs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You don’t want your club moving games down the road in the same small town yet you want Penrith to move games into another clubs area
No I dont, the west hull scum can pay through the nose to be tenant in the soccer stadium lol Meanwhile we'll go about developing the satdium and land we own and hopefully set up the club for a very bright future. But hey this isnt about SL is it?

I dont care where Penrith play. Merely pointing out that there is a very nice new stadium 30km away, like I said if NSW tax payers are happy to build Panthers a new stadium then good on them. If Sydeny feels the need for a $300mil satdium in every suburb and tax payers are happy to pay for it great.
You can have a stadium, you can have a stadium, you can all have stadium!

Perth Red

Post Whore
No difference, 12 games townsville... built for cowboys in Townsville ... whatever other BS you use to justify some random reason not to accept that penrith already has its own stadium already, that they ONLY play in and is now just getting upgrades to that stadium site..
Haha, if there was a commbank stadium 30km from the stadium site do you think theyd have another one? Doh! You can justify a stadium for 12 games when there isnt another one for 1500kms. its much harder to do so for 10 or 11 games when theres one 30kms away!

MugaB

Coach
FYI these travel times from BlueBet to Accor (1hr 30 mins by public transport and 34 mins driving) are similar in nature to what Rabbitohs fans who live in the South East ( 1h 17 mins public transport and 34 mins driving from Souths Juniors as a guide) have had to put up with for years because the government would not offer a competitive deal in our heartland. I'm not saying the Panthers should have to put up with it as well because we did but its context.

For those who say "that's where their members live" I believe that argument is flawed as membership only became a priority to the club post privatisation and these stats were only quoted after the move. Our fans have been well represented for our games at Allianz Stadium since it opened.

In any event, I'm not against the Panthers having a rebuild but my question is why should they be prioritised over other clubs wanting one. For the clubs that have stadiums owned by their councils (Panthers, Manly etc) I believe there needs to be a meaningful contribution from the council as part of the proposal as they own the asset and it's for the benefit of the local community who they respresent.

Contributing to the build is similar to how all these CoE were funded with some including a contribution of the respective clubs.
I agree, although penrith built their own CoE on their own many years ago, before every club started pilfering off the govt/councils teet for one...
The upgrade will not only extend the stadiums capacity, but also include the lack of wheelchair access and womens facilities, as they are preparing for thier NRLW team to enter in the next few years..
That and a new precinct would drive more concerts and other events and businesses to the area, at the moment everything just happens across the road at panthers pre game and after game, more pubs and eateries around the actual site would cater for more families who aren't willing to hang out at the leagues club afterwards

Wb1234

Referee
No I dont, the west hull scum can pay through the nose to be tenant in the soccer stadium lol Meanwhile we'll go about developing the satdium and land we own and hopefully set up the club for a very bright future. But hey this isnt about SL is it?

I dont care where Penrith play. Merely pointing out that there is a very nice new stadium 30km away, like I said if NSW tax payers are happy to build Panthers a new stadium then good on them. If Sydeny feels the need for a $300mil satdium in every suburb and tax payers are happy to pay for it great.
You can have a stadium, you can have a stadium, you can all have stadium!
Yes it is great growing up in a city where rugby league is the strongest on earth

and yeh you don’t want to play games on hull fc ground but think Penrith playing on parras home ground is ok

keep up the double standards buddy