What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wb1234

Referee
Haha, if there was a commbank stadium 30km from the stadium site do you think theyd have another one? Doh! You can justify a stadium for 12 games when there isnt another one for 1500kms. its much harder to do so for 10 or 11 games when theres one 30kms away!
There’s a commbank type stadium five minutes from hull kr ground

MugaB

Coach
No I dont, the west hull scum can pay through the nose to be tenant in the soccer stadium lol Meanwhile we'll go about developing the satdium and land we own and hopefully set up the club for a very bright future. But hey this isnt about SL is it?

I dont care where Penrith play. Merely pointing out that there is a very nice new stadium 30km away, like I said if NSW tax payers are happy to build Panthers a new stadium then good on them. If Sydeny feels the need for a $300mil satdium in every suburb and tax payers are happy to pay for it great.
You can have a stadium, you can have a stadium, you can all have stadium!
@TheRam loves you
That's the most honest post ive ever seen you write..
for all the times those who crap on cronulla for doing the same exact thing

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes it is great growing up in a city where rugby league is the strongest on earth

and yeh you don’t want to play games on hull fc ground but think Penrith playing on parras home ground is ok

keep up the double standards buddy
Hull KR arent asking the tax payer for $300mill to build a new stadium in East Hull!

Perth Red

Post Whore
There’s a commbank type stadium five minutes from hull kr ground
and if we didnt own our own ground and were demanding the council should build us another MKM in east hull Id agree with you!

The original plan was to build the stadium in a neutral area in which case both clubs would have used it. Building it a stones throw from the Boulevard put paid to that.

Wb1234

Referee
also from areas east of Penrith Id guess, even closer to Commbank!
Blacktown ?
Hull KR arent asking the tax payer for $300mill to build a new stadium in East Hul

sold them the land cheap

council sold the land to them cheap

the ground got a govt grant to build the new stand behind the sticks

if anyone wants to laugh look up. Hull kr ground then look up hull fc ground to see what a hypocrite this guy is

Wb1234

Referee
and if we didnt own our own ground and were demanding the council should build us another MKM in east hull Id agree with you!

The original plan was to build the stadium in a neutral area in which case both clubs would have used it. Building it a stones throw from the Boulevard put paid to that.
7 km away lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore
Blacktown ?

council sold the land to them cheap

the ground got a govt grant to build the new stand behind the sticks

if anyone wants to laugh look up. Hull kr ground then look up hull fc ground to see what a hypocrite this guy is

MugaB

Coach
Haha, if there was a commbank stadium 30km from the stadium site do you think theyd have another one? Doh! You can justify a stadium for 12 games when there isnt another one for 1500kms. its much harder to do so for 10 or 11 games when theres one 30kms away!
Im not justifing anything... you are...
Ive said all along they had a stadium in Townsville, before they have a shiny new one now...
Penrith have a stadium now, theyll be getting a new one too... both play 12 games no other tennants..
You guys are crapping on all about the distance to commbank... by they wont be going there if they already have a stadium in their area, old or new
Again 12 games in Penrith regardless of the outcome, would you rather it being a state of the art stadium or a Leichhardt oval shithole in the next 20 years

Perth Red

Post Whore
7 km away lmao
Distance doesnt matter. Its East and West, and nver the twain shall meet. If it had been built at Kingswood or at the location the Deep got built both clubs would be using it. Looking at the strife it causes HFC though, and the very bright future for the stadium development area in East Hull we dodged a bullet for sure.

But the main point is HKR arent asking for a $300mill new stadium. And if they did they would quite rightly be laughed at given MKM is down the road. Bit like Penrith really.

Wb1234

Referee
Distance doesnt matter. Its East and West, and nver the twain shall meet. If it had been built at Kingswood or at the location the Deep got built both clubs would be using it. Looking at the strife it causes HFC though, and the very bright future for the stadium development area in East Hull we dodged a bullet for sure.

But the main point is HKR arent asking for a $300mill new stadium. And if they did they would quite rightly be laughed at given MKM is down the road. Bit like Penrith really.
Hahahhaa

Hahhahahaa

Keep
Digging
That hole

Distance doesn’t matter even though commbank is 30km away vs 7 km for hull

and west hull is a no no as foreign territory but parra is neutral for the panthers

Take a breath replace your feelings for hull kr with how panthers feel about their club

Perth Red

Post Whore
Im not justifing anything... you are...
Ive said all along they had a stadium in Townsville, before they have a shiny new one now...
Penrith have a stadium now, theyll be getting a new one too... both play 12 games no other tennants..
You guys are crapping on all about the distance to commbank... by they wont be going there if they already have a stadium in their area, old or new
Again 12 games in Penrith regardless of the outcome, would you rather it being a state of the art stadium or a Leichhardt oval shithole in the next 20 years
I get all that, and like I said it matters not to me where they play. Just saying you can see why there are question marks over the validity of spending $300mill of tax payers money on a stadium that will rarely get used when one has already been built not very far away.
For the record I hope it gets built, I hope Brookie gets rebuilt, WIN gets a new stand, Shark PArk is transformed etc. The more quality stadiums in use in NRL the better.

MugaB

Coach

Really 41km from penrith stadium to commbank
Not 7km you twit
And remember when i start up my car, and drive somewhere, i cant drive on train tracks, so using the trainline distance and times doesn't work

MugaB

Coach
I get all that, and like I said it matters not to me where they play. Just saying you can see why there are question marks over the validity of spending $300mill of tax payers money on a stadium that will rarely get used when one has already been built not very far away.
For the record I hope it gets built, I hope Brookie gets rebuilt, WIN gets a new stand, Shark PArk is transformed etc. The more quality stadiums in use in NRL the better.
What about kogarah? Dont they get a shiny new stadium, coz they are a stone throw away from cronulla? How the tides have turned for all those grotd sympathisers who howled down cronulla for being the low baring fruit... now that the dragons are in the cellar its rightfully time to punt them forever to Wollongong.. fmd... so many jealous rl fans who hate on Sydney for having its now 9 clubs... while the rest of the country struggles to a few or no representation... its like a me2 movement, this great comp started here, we should expand onto it not away from it, better facilities for every club should be goal, expand to perth, add another Melbourne team, another new Zealand team, really branch out.. instead all we do is bicker over the govt handouts... Tasmania is getting a new abomination for AFL, yet we howl down Penrith for landing an upgrade

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
What about kogarah? Dont they get a shiny new stadium, coz they are a stone throw away from cronulla? How the tides have turned for all thise grotd sympathisers who howled down cronulla for being the low baring fruit... now that the dragons are in the cellar its rightfully time to punt them forever tor Wollongong.. fmd
yeh everyone gets a new stadium! Its the Sydney way.

Iamback

Coach
I agree, although penrith built their own CoE on their own many years ago, before every club started pilfering off the govt/councils teet for one...
The upgrade will not only extend the stadiums capacity, but also include the lack of wheelchair access and womens facilities, as they are preparing for thier NRLW team to enter in the next few years..
That and a new precinct would drive more concerts and other events and businesses to the area, at the moment everything just happens across the road at panthers pre game and after game, more pubs and eateries around the actual site would cater for more families who aren't willing to hang out at the leagues club afterwards

Yep. Things like Country music concerts, Rodeo's etc are perfect for that area too.

Penrith is regional, the stadium will be for the whole area not just the Penrith suburb or more importantly just the Panthers

Iamback

Coach
also from areas east of Penrith Id guess, even closer to Commbank!

It will be easier for some no doubt.

12k will be a good crowd for CommBank, Personally I will go from attending every game to 3-4.

I don't think I will be the only one.

MugaB

Coach

12k will be a good crowd for CommBank, Personally I will go from attending every game to 3-4.

I suppose it depends on the sheduling, if its a weekend no issue, but we are getting a lot of friday night games in primerime slots, family friendly added with extra 30minutes each way traveltime minimum, aswell as getting home in peakhour prior to that...
Wonder why people watch the games on TV moreso these days

Perth Red

Post Whore

Commbank would also draw more away fans though when playing other sydney clubs than Penrith does, that would boost crowds (an opportunity badly missed in Sydney imo). Apart from this purple patch Penrith have traditionally only avgd 10-14k.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I suppose it depends on the sheduling, if its a weekend no issue, but we are getting a lot of friday night games in primerime slots, family friendly added with extra 30minutes each way traveltime minimum, aswell as getting home in peakhour prior to that...
Wonder why people watch the games on TV moreso these days
Yep scheduling is def a major issue if you are asking fans to travel 45-60mins to go to games. Sadly TV will continue to dictate this over attending fans benefit.

Latest posts