What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

He's come in all guns blazing, and he is holding everyone accountable. I think these moves where a player can dictate to the club have now ceased, and not a moment too soon. If you dont want to be here then pack your bags. I'll be waiting with anticipation when he is here full time.
Evidently Flanagan has not applied that to the most unpopular player at this club, Ben Hunt whose immature rants over recent months have infuriated us fans. I believe he will turn us round by applying good structures such as he did at the Sharks, but so far I dont think much of his R&R, targeting a two club reject over elites such as Tino, who is now only on the possibles recruit list, yet retaining duds like Murdoch-Masila, Jack Bird and the Feagais.

redVinme

Bench
I dont assume nor follow rumor, I follow respected media info. And I have no agenda lol.

Can you post where you saw that Flanno is keen to keep the players you mentioned?

Also if your source is fox Sports pls dont post as it's likely a load of shite.

I'm also not 100% sold on the rumoured changes but I'm not gonna critisize flano for what may not be happening behind the scenes.

I strongly feel flano isn't gonna f**k around as he's probably on his last chance and low quality players like the ones you mentioned are probably all sweating.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Evidently Flanagan has not applied that to the most unpopular player at this club, Ben Hunt whose immature rants over recent months have infuriated us fans. I believe he will turn us round by applying good structures such as he did at the Sharks, but so far I dont think much of his R&R, targeting a two club reject over elites such as Tino, who is now only on the possibles recruit list, yet retaining duds like Murdoch-Masila, Jack Bird and the Feagais.
If you were Tino would you be rushing to join us at the moment?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Imo, a lot of ransom notices were handed out by players.
Flanagan has just said in return give me 'proof of life'.

No proof, no life for you at the Dragons.

That's about as best as I can describe it.

As far as moving players on, where obviously some have been (reported as) being tapped, whilst others (as far as we know) have not. We are not privy to player contracts, therefore, some conditions may apply. Such as front-loaded or back-ended contracts for example. Hypothetical: that BMM may have had a front-loaded contract, so his contract for '24 may be on significantly less, therefore making a 'handy' back-up, and as Flanno stated he is looking to fill spots where he plays. He also had a carrot of bringing in his wife for the NRLW.

We still have games to play for this season, plenty of Jr's putting their hand up to impress.

A lot of water to flow under the bridge before we even start pre-season '24 yet.

I, for one, am looking forward to see how it pans out over the following months.

qld redvee

Juniors
Okay first potential signing is sele let's say its a replacement for kerr.
I am not happy losing Sullivan as amone still has to front court so that could be 2 down. If flanno is talking to a multitude of players then he must lure top first graders who can improve our squad to top 8 not spoon level this is where flanno will be criticised or lauded on. We can't keep buying journeymen that offer nothing on the park and can't even offer effective mentoring to young kids

Murfy

Juniors
Flanagan said he’s spoken to 15-20 guys on contract and off contract. Some of those guys aren’t available right now and will become available in the off season. He’s doing his due diligence. Like he said the club needs an attitude change. Think the signings will reflect players that are good people, team players and leaders above all else. I trust him to make the correct decisions

Dragonslayer

First Grade
May also just add this:

Both Musgrove and JHunt are under contract for next year. They have been given permission to look elsewhere to secure longer deals etc. As far as I'm aware, if they choose not to or cannot secure a deal elsewhere, they will still be on our list for '24.

So, in retrospect, Flanno has initiated the move, a move that will have consequences on our roster recruitment, hence why they were tapped 'early'.

There are obvious vacancies in our roster for '24, let's wait and see what our final 30 looks like with the upcoming August deadline before we throw stones.

BLM01

First Grade
Imo, a lot of ransom notices were handed out by players.
Flanagan has just said in return give me 'proof of life'.

No proof, no life for you at the Dragons.

That's about as best as I can describe it.

As far as moving players on, where obviously some have been (reported as) being tapped, whilst others (as far as we know) have not. We are not privy to player contracts, therefore, some conditions may apply. Such as front-loaded or back-ended contracts for example. Hypothetical: that BMM may have had a front-loaded contract, so his contract for '24 may be on significantly less, therefore making a 'handy' back-up, and as Flanno stated he is looking to fill spots where he plays. He also had a carrot of bringing in his wife for the NRLW.

We still have games to play for this season, plenty of Jr's putting their hand up to impress.

A lot of water to flow under the bridge before we even start pre-season '24 yet.

I, for one, am looking forward to see how it pans out over the following months.
Yep people are quick to write the future off before it has begun

TheRev

First Grade
It's also nice to have some hope again, normally every year there are some new signings and/or a new coach.... something that creates the potential for a better season... but 2023 was the first time I can remember.. no good signings.. a coach that shouldn't have been there.. it was over before it began.. next year its a clean slate again, hopefully our squad can improve individually and as a team.

getsmarty

Immortal
It's also nice to have some hope again, normally every year there are some new signings and/or a new coach.... something that creates the potential for a better season... but 2023 was the first time I can remember.. no good signings.. a coach that shouldn't have been there.. it was over before it began.. next year its a clean slate again, hopefully our squad can improve individually and as a team.
Well stated @TheRev .

Latest posts