What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Caged Panther

First Grade
That loss has been coming for weeks.

We haven’t been anywhere near our best. Rest some players on top of that, mix in some positional changes and it was always going to be a much tougher game than some would like to believe.

As for our chances going forward. The road is certainly harder, especially if as seems likely Luai isn’t there, but the dream of three-peat isn’t over.

Very interesting, tactically, what Ivan does next week in terms of resting players on the back of the loss.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

We haven’t been anywhere near our best. Rest some players on top of that, mix in some positional changes and it was always going to be a much tougher game than some would like to believe.

As for our chances going forward. The road is certainly harder, especially if as seems likely Luai isn’t there, but the dream of three-peat isn’t over.

Very interesting, tactically, what Ivan does next week in terms of resting players on the back of the loss.
Edwards plays tonight and Critter plays centre we scrape a win like nothing out of the ordinary

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Man... have you actually read my posts...

Obviously not as ive said as much this last week..

Your personal vendetta is embarrassing now
Nope, they are usually long winded and I just don’t see enough footy intelligence in there to justify reading them.

I do sometimes skim them…

Girds89

Bench
Nope, they are usually long winded and I just don’t see enough footy intelligence in there to justify reading them.

I do sometimes skim them…

You wouldn't know footy intelligence if it wacked u in the face.

Go back and read my posts this week and prove yourself wrong... again... reoccurring them here big boy..

When your right ill be the first to come give you at pat on the back and stroke that ego champ

The Realist

Juniors
McLean is genuinely ready and did fine, he’ll get plenty of game time next year. Bizza let him down all night.

I know in my previous post I rubbished To'o - but a few of those tries were NOT PURELY his fault. McLean was poor defensively - jammed infield too much.

He made a few nice breaks but struggled to make effective tackles in addition to not getting much work done.

I like the look of him but he isn't NRL standard YET. At least not Panthers NRL standard. I sense that with McLean many were expecting a 19/20 year old Critter. He isn't really that close to it.

These days Centre is more of a defensive position. It is far better to have a centre with 8/10 Defense and 5/10 attack than 5/10 Defense and 8/10 attack. Jessie needs to fill out a little and get more experience and technique down before he can become a legitimate NRL centre.

Girds89

Bench
I know in my previous post I rubbished To'o - but a few of those tries were NOT PURELY his fault. McLean was poor defensively - jammed infield too much.

He made a few nice breaks but struggled to make effective tackles in addition to not getting much work done.

I like the look of him but he isn't NRL standard YET. At least not Panthers NRL standard. I sense that with McLean many were expecting a 19/20 year old Critter. He isn't really that close to it.

These days Centre is more of a defensive position. It is far better to have a centre with 8/10 Defense and 5/10 attack than 5/10 Defense and 8/10 attack. Jessie needs to fill out a little and get more experience and technique down before he can become a legitimate NRL centre.
Again spot on

John Hamblin

Juniors
I can't believe the negativity of some. Sure we were VERY ordinar y tonight and haven't been great for w eeks BUT the loss will do us a lot more good than harm. Hopefully Luai comes back for week one or two of the finals. Remember 2021 all the injured players going into the GF, Dylan, Fish etc. Have faith our defence will get us to the big dance!!

Kilkenny

Coach
The expectations around young McLean were always not going to end well.

I watch a fair bit of NSW Cup, Flegg etc and he hasn’t actually shown enough to suggest he was ready for tonight.

He wii benefit enormously from the experience, exposed by a Eels side who were up for it tonight, no surprises there.

It was obvious from the Peachy error in the first couple of minutes leading to the Sivo try it probably wasn’t going to be our night.

I am accepting of loss, the performance but to let Sivo score four against us really gets up my nose.

Girds89

Bench
Dyl is in our top 3 without a doubt

Yeah.. but hes is our top 1-3 every week...

Yeo is in our top 1-3 every 2 to 3 weeks.. hes brilliant..

But again... tonight showed why dyl is a world class nrl player..

I mean im not suprised in the slightest our defence went to shit without him..

He saves at least 2 of those tries imo.. at least

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I can't believe the negativity of some. Sure we were VERY ordinar y tonight and haven't been great for w eeks BUT the loss will do us a lot more good than harm. Hopefully Luai comes back for week one or two of the finals. Remember 2021 all the injured players going into the GF, Dylan, Fish etc. Have faith our defence will get us to the big dance!!
Yep f**k the cowards

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Ivan's presser is almost word for word on your thoughts caged panther.

In reality it matters little if players are rested next weekend.

I got the impression from Ivan that Kenny, Scotty too hotty, will be close to ready by the finals.

Laui of course is an issue. But scans will tell us what will happen in future weeks.