What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R27 Fri - Souths 12-26 Sydney @ Accor

Round 27: Souths v Sydney

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I appreciate your dedication to the cause that is hating Cronulla that you would even sit through a Ricky Stuart finals berth

Cronulla aren’t even worth hating. A total non-entity that will be just making up the numbers in the finals, if they even make it.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Whoever loses gets the double whammy of losing to a bitter rival and missing out on finals.
At the start of the season if someone told you this fixture would decide a place in the finals you would have laughed at them.
Go Cowboys, Go Roosters.... bye souffs, bye rooters.

JamesRustle

First Grade
This is our Lazarus moment. All the drama in the tabloids this week will have let the boys unite with a bunker mentality. Everyone has written us off, no better time to go out and shock the world against the old enemy.
Hopefully... according to the story after the miracle that bought Lazarus back from the dead, the Pharisees and rulers plotted to kill him as Jesus was gaining a huge following at a greater rate than before the miracle.... so the gospel can be interpreted that if Souffs make the 8, PVL will kill them off a la 1999... and we all know Lazzo did not come back from the dead again.

Amen, praise the Lord.

Apey

Staff member
Souths favourites on sportsbet, albeit barely. Guess because of Manu and JWH?

Valheru

Coach
I'm predicting this won't be anything like sinbin Sunday. I'll go with one sin bin in the match against us for either a professional foul or one of those innocuous fouls that sometimes get a bin and sometimes don't.

We are missing some troops but I'm still confident of a solid performance.

Hard to say how souths will come out after the fortnight they have had. They could put a blitz on in the first 20 and game over or the scrutiny may get to them. If we are in it after the first 20 I reckon we will win with a few late tries to pad the margin.

yobbo84

Coach
I'm predicting this won't be anything like sinbin Sunday. I'll go with one sin bin in the match against us for either a professional foul or one of those innocuous fouls that sometimes get a bin and sometimes don't.

We are missing some troops but I'm still confident of a solid performance.

Hard to say how souths will come out after the fortnight they have had. They could put a blitz on in the first 20 and game over or the scrutiny may get to them. If we are in it after the first 20 I reckon we will win with a few late tries to pad the margin.
I'm convinced it'll be a 42-16 type game, and I'm 50/50 as to which way it'll go.

Munky

Coach
Will either team attempt to play or just grub it up like the final last year?

Valheru

Coach
Will either team attempt to play or just grub it up like the final last year?
it will be the opposite of last year. We have already played this year without a repeat incident.

I think both clubs are highly embarrassed about last year as well they should be. It's entertaining for the neutral but as a fan of one of the teams it was a complete debacle. Both teams just need to play footy and not try and kill each other.

This Year?

Immortal
Spoke to a Roosters fan at work who was nervous about tonight's game.
If my team had won as much as the Roosters have in the last decade I wouldn't be nervous about anything footy related.