What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Dally M Awards

kdalymc

Bench
Do they award players points still AFTER theyve been suspended?
Just wondering how Reece Walsh would have went

Generalzod

Immortal
Tell me you don’t understand the points voting process without telling me you don’t understand the points voting process…..
The fact Ponga accumulated that many points in only 18 games tells you how dominant he was when he played.
If you look past your rage, the knights won 14 games with Ponga been MOTM for like 9 of those games, it’s not hard to see how he accumulated so many votes.
Rage you say not really , So who does the Dally m voting? Is it the referees or Fox journalist?

Rage you say not really , So who does the Dally m voting? Is it the referees or Fox journalist?

The following is from the NRL's website (source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/03/06/everything-you-need-to-know-dally-m-medal-voting/) -

Who are the judges for the voting process?​

The judges will be taken from a select pool of former players assigned to the role for the 2023 season.

The identity of judges will be kept anonymous for the entirety of the Dally M Medal process, ensuring the independence of voting and the integrity of the voting between the two judges are completely separate.

The judges are tasked with assessing the contribution of each player and submitting their votes to the NRL.

This process takes place across every NRL match, allowing for a balanced adjudication of player performance across each match.

Apey

Staff member
It used to be just the usual pundits/commentators from Nine/Fox you'd expect + some journos. The types in the 'expert tips' etc.

I'm not sure if former players are better or worse. Certainly better than DT journos.

t-ba

Post Whore
It used to be just the usual pundits/commentators from Nine/Fox you'd expect + some journos. The types in the 'expert tips' etc.

I'm not sure if former players are better or worse. Certainly better than DT journos.

Just get Ruan Sims to do every match.

It's not like she needs to watch them.

aqua_duck

Coach
So what’s your actual argument, you’re a little all over the place, first you complain that Ponga missed a whole bunch of games then you complain about who the judges are, can you stick to just one argument

Burwood

Bench
Not a good look for the importance of the night when Ponga says that he nearly didn’t go because he would rather watch it on the couch at home.

Generalzod

Immortal
So what’s your actual argument, you’re a little all over the place, first you complain that Ponga missed a whole bunch of games then you complain about who the judges are, can you stick to just one argument.

My arguement is he wasn't the best player all year only half a year. I thought I made it clear the first time I posted.