What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Dally M Awards

JokerEel

Coach
Totally agree with Hynes considering he missed a few games at the beginning of the year, maybe it should be up to the refs to vote who was the most dominate player in each game.

Yeah that's going to go down well with the fans having the refs judge players...

JokerEel

Coach
The only way to make it fair is give every player a score out of 10.

That way the Panfer players (or any team winning) are not stealing points of each other..

Cleary / Yeo/Edwards Probably should have won it the last 4 years...

Generalzod

Immortal
Yeah that's going to go down well with the fans having the refs judge players...
Well it’s better than what’s going on now, how do we know these so called experts who are voting don’t have any favourite players that they vote for.

aqua_duck

Coach
Well it’s better than what’s going on now, how do we know these so called experts who are voting don’t have any favourite players that they vote for.
How do we know the refs don’t either? Let’s face it Cam Smith would’ve won 10 straight Dally Ms if the refs were voting. They introduced a 2 judge system this year to try to get a more even system but as long as there’s human’s involved there will always be some sort of built in bias.
Getting refs to do it won’t solve anything, they can barely keep up with the tackle count, forward passes, etc and you want them to judge player performance too……
Not sure if you follow AFL but they have umpires award Brownlow medal votes and everyone over there wants to system changed now too after Lachie Neale won it pretty much out of nowhere.

JokerEel

Coach
The only way to do it fairly is if every player gets points but it makes more work for the lazy f**kers in the NRL.

Just like changing pathways to creating a draft system and splitting up the table into conferences to make the draw fair.. Too hard basket.

Generalzod

Immortal
Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Munky

Coach
I'm bemused by how a player in a team that couldn't beat 'anyone' is the best in the comp for 2023

Rod

Bench
View attachment 80094

Honestly I really like the Warriors, like most they’re my second team, but the victim mentality is starting to become sad.
Old Jazz Hands isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

As a NZer the Warriors are normally my second team but the victim mentality on social media has really turned me off in the last few years. Always complaining about how the NRL is out to get them in one way or another. With this SJ thing many of them are acting like they were a first placed juggernaut like the Panthers that should have swept all the awards.

Saxon

Bench
The only way to make it fair is give every player a score out of 10.

That way the Panfer players (or any team winning) are not stealing points of each other..

Cleary / Yeo/Edwards Probably should have won it the last 4 years...
Yeah, it's so unfair that Smith, Cronk and Slater never got to win it because they played with other dominant players in dominant teams.
Such a shame that Langer, Sticky, Loz and Teddy missed out too.