What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Matiunz

Juniors
They need a reverse version of this, full green with white stripes, looks pretty good tho i have to say, the green pops on the white
Agree that a green jersey would look good I guess it’s the least significant of the original colours.
Originally under the ‘Auckland’ banner the colours Blue and White=Auckland Pronvincial colours, Green and Red were added as they were the colours of the inaugural major sponsor ‘DB Bitter’ - don’t think it’s even produced anymore?
Red is occasionally used as a tertiary colour in some Auckland teams and it was brought back to the black white colour set at the request of then Major sponsor Vodafone. I guess now one NZ colours are green we may see green more prominently but historically it doesn’t have a huge tie to the identity

T
Agree that a green jersey would look good I guess it’s the least significant of the original colours.
Originally under the ‘Auckland’ banner the colours Blue and White=Auckland Pronvincial colours, Green and Red were added as they were the colours of the inaugural major sponsor ‘DB Bitter’ - don’t think it’s even produced anymore?
Red is occasionally used as a tertiary colour in some Auckland teams and it was brought back to the black white colour set at the request of then Major sponsor Vodafone. I guess now one NZ colours are green we may see green more prominently but historically it doesn’t have a huge tie to the identity
Hey don't make DB anymore?

MugaB

Coach
The blue and white add green/red colors are a unique combo in the NRL, other clubs needed to add some tertiary colors like being raiders green and white add blue/gold, or cowboys navy and white add silver/gold, basically all new clubs are forced to add some tertiary colors like the dolphins red and white add gold/black... purely not to clash with existing heritage clubs like Canterbury and St.George, or Easts and Souths... yes the warriors had that DB sponsor, but they went the easy route by adding them from that, to me the fact it was a unique combination that really ended up being pretty well used as green works well off the blue and white, there isn't that many sporting clubs that use all their colors, not well anyways

flippikat

Bench
They need a reverse version of this, full green with white stripes, looks pretty good tho i have to say, the green pops on the white
Dynasty are taking a pretty conservative approach in the first year of the Warriors contract - the home is pretty much the 1995 jersey (though it appears blue shorts are in) & the heritage is pretty much the 1995 away - two big ticks for the "Original Warriors look" - and while the training gear is nothing spectacular, it's solid enough.

Got to wonder though - what's the point in jerseys that are so close to the 1995 design? Any hardcore fan will already have those (or at least the 1995 home jersey) as a retro release already.

The interesting one to me is the 2024 away jersey - blue and white stripes with red & green accents. Now THIS is exciting.. a variation on an old school hooped jersey that uses the minor colours in a subtle way.

Hopefully in the next few years we see Dynasty get the confidence to play with designs a bit more often like this - including swapping the "blue as main colour" for Green or red as main colour either in an alternate/away or a training jersey.

At the very least, maybe add something to the 1995 classic design that gives the modern iteration more of a point of difference (trim? Side panels? Koru spirals??) Last year's jersey tried that with a straightened V, and while it didn't quite work, I respect them for at least trying to do something different with echoes of the 1995 kit.

1995 jersey are the bomb for the Warriors, it defines the club... that and the GF Black Grand Final kit. Look at GC Titans no really iconic kit. (Have too many cans!)

The Great Dane

First Grade
1995 jersey are the bomb for the Warriors, it defines the club... that and the GF Black Grand Final kit. Look at GC Titans no really iconic kit. (Have too many cans!)
You're basically saying a storied history of failure and the sponsorship integration of a long gone brewery sponsor is what defines the Warriors. . . I'm not sure that's a good thing.

The truth is that any half decent designer with a bit of creative freedom could come up with a solid new kit for them, with a bit of luck they might even come up with something better, but that's true of a lot of teams. Most of the clubs are too afraid of failure to even try though, which definitely isn't a good thing.

The Titans lack of identity has much more to do with their totally generic branding than their jersey designs. Their brand was garbage to begin with, and is in desperate need of a major overhaul. They need to piss the blue off for a start. The Madden create a team logo needs to be buried as well.

MugaB

Coach
You're basically saying a storied history of failure and the sponsorship integration of a long gone brewery sponsor is what defines the Warriors. . . I'm not sure that's a good thing.

The truth is that any half decent designer with a bit of creative freedom could come up with a solid new kit for them, with a bit of luck they might even come up with something better, but that's true of a lot of teams. Most of the clubs are too afraid of failure to even try though, which definitely isn't a good thing.

The Titans lack of identity has much more to do with their totally generic branding than their jersey designs. Their brand was garbage to begin with, and is in desperate need of a major overhaul. They need to piss the blue off for a start. The Madden create a team logo needs to be buried as well.
20210717_042417.png
Changing the blue to teal/aqua and you're set
Really dig into that miami dolphins color scheme

Matiunz

Juniors
View attachment 83996
Changing the blue to teal/aqua and you're set
Really dig into that miami dolphins color scheme
I always liked their Seagulls iteration in terms of colours/logo and mascot being at least well suited to the area. Can get why they relaunched when they were readmitted but not sure why they moved to the abomination that was the chargers after that.

jim_57

Staff member
Can’t see which of the new proposed clubs would do it but I would like to see a club adopt the Hammers/Villa colours. Always liked the maroon/sky blue combo. Thought the centenary Australia jersey was a cracker.

Fair chance CQ would use it if they ever got in. Problem is they are not much of a chance of getting an NRL team anytime soon.

images

Latest posts