What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Back Luciano

TheRev

First Grade
Waiting for if/when this potential signing is confirmed by the club.
Wise advice! I think we will be ok on this one (Volkman was a freak situation), the article said Luciano goes back to Townsville for his full medical later this week, so no social media posts for a few days lol.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
$900k pa isnt quite right

Cowboys have paid approx $400k already for this season

$2.7m total over 3 years less $400k = $2.3m / 3yrs = $767k pa

$750kish pa is the old $550k pa............just ask Jaydn Sua

So $767k pa for LUC is about right for a game breaker..... as long we feel we have good value work horse players that hold the fort.

For me it is the average of you pack $ that counts most...........If Lawrie signed on for only $500k ish pa and he is in the top10 again for props statistically.....then you are on track.

The key for me is that now we have a pack that is hard to keep your spot............there are some units and dynamic players with a good mix of professional workhorse forwards.

You will have to be at the top of your game each week.

st.phil

Bench
I think Su'a also benefits in that now he is not left to do all the impact play from the second row. We have the double barrel now and it really changes things for opposition. Hopefully Luciano is in a good head space because we need him 100% committed to the cause.
Yep… although Su’a was great on the weekend, he’s a strong right hand carry which can get awkward on the left

Parko1310

Juniors
Come on , who is ahead of R FM ?
If you're thinking of him for 2nd row, Eisenhuth, Su'a, Leilua all in front. You don't take four second rowers into a game, so he misses out.

If you think of him as a middle, Lawrie, Molo, De Belin, Sele, Fifita are all in front of him. You need someone (Marchske) playing that 14 role, and then you will need your one second rower on the bench (Leilua to start the year). There is no room there. RFM will play firsts throughout the year plenty of times no doubt, but it won't be in round 1. Are you suggesting dropping Eisenhuth who was one of our better performers in the trial and has been training to start the entire pre season? Plus RFM came in late to us, and on top of that has had a disrupted pre season with injury ever since he got here. People seem to discount the importance of this sort of stuff. RFM is no walk up starter in the 17. He won't be there in round 1 barring injury, I'm just about certain.

Biglance

Bench
If you're thinking of him for 2nd row, Eisenhuth, Su'a, Leilua all in front. You don't take four second rowers into a game, so he misses out.

If you think of him as a middle, Lawrie, Molo, De Belin, Sele, Fifita are all in front of him. You need someone (Marchske) playing that 14 role, and then you will need your one second rower on the bench (Leilua to start the year). There is no room there. RFM will play firsts throughout the year plenty of times no doubt, but it won't be in round 1. Are you suggesting dropping Eisenhuth who was one of our better performers in the trial and has been training to start the entire pre season? Plus RFM came in late to us, and on top of that has had a disrupted pre season with injury ever since he got here. People seem to discount the importance of this sort of stuff. RFM is no walk up starter in the 17. He won't be there in round 1 barring injury, I'm just about certain.
I think RFM > Eisenhuth

Parko1310

Juniors
I think RFM > Eisenhuth
Fair enough, and I don't necessarily disagree. Especially when Luc grabs that starting spot, RFM is probably better as a bench player than Eisenhuth is as a bench player. I expect Eisenhuth and RFM to rotate throughout the year. But my whole point is RFM won't be there in round 1. Eisenhuth has trained to start the entire pre season and is injury free. RFM came in late and has been injured. It's Eisenhuth's spot in round 1, just about guaranteed.

possm

Coach
I love it how we all become salary cap experts and financial advisors whenever a player is signed.
We signed a good footballer! That’s good news!
My view is that Flanno has the experience and knows what he is doing. Leave the cap limit to him.

We now have the back row sorted with the recruitment of Leilua and RFM. Yes, it's time to let go of some of the deadwood however, we must comply with the 29 players in the top 30 rule so, let's manage this and only let go players as replacements are signed.

We still have a lot of problem areas:
Fullback
Halves
Hooker
Prop

Yes, our spine is front and center here. Still lots of squad problems for Flanno to work on.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
LL is a good addition to our squad, and it seems we got him at the right price. Allen will be paid out for this year and will rejoin next year so as to fit LL into the top 30.

Now, I can't see LL being selected in round 1 and maybe even rounds 2 or 3. I believe his fitness will not be at the levels Flanno requires of a first grade player. It's going to take at least a couple of weeks to achieve close to those levels.
LL is a big man and I doubt he's been engaged in full training mode after wanting out of the Cows.

possm

Coach
LL is a good addition to our squad, and it seems we got him at the right price. Allen will be paid out for this year and will rejoin next year so as to fit LL into the top 30.

Now, I can't see LL being selected in round 1 and maybe even rounds 2 or 3. I believe his fitness will not be at the levels Flanno requires of a first grade player. It's going to take at least a couple of weeks to achieve close to those levels.
LL is a big man and I doubt he's been engaged in full training mode after wanting out of the Cows.
Leilua will be on the bench and come on in short stints as an impact player until his fitness is up to scratch.

RedVee

First Grade
Seles will be 13 and JDB 8/10.

It’s good that we now have a logjam fighting out got a spot in the bench and in the pack.

Latest posts