What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd1 2024: 530pm Parra v Dogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium (sold out) March 9th

King-Gutho94

Coach
It would appear that we still have very little f**ken idea what to do inside the opponents 20 metre area or any f**ken clue what to do from a scrum in the same area.

We should be a lot more ahead given the possession and the field position.

Interesting to see how we go in the second half with Moses clearly hampered with a groin injury. We should have far too much for this mob in reality though.
Should be up by 20

But I am more interested in our D.

If we keep them to nil

Then really it doesn't matter about our attack it will get better as the year rolls on.

Chipmunk

Coach
Should be up by 20

If we keep them to nil

Then really it doesn't matter about our attack it will get better as the year rolls on.
I agree we need to be better in defence than we were last year.

Hard to tell on the defence so far, the Dogs have made too many errors to have us under any kind of pressure.

eels_fan

First Grade
Clunky in attack, not helped my Moses on one leg

100% completion is fantastic and defence and urgency when needed has been great.

dogs will be zapped come the final 20mins with all the defence they’ve done. Stick with the possession game in the first 20 and we’ll run away with it and win by 30

the phantom menace

First Grade
Well deserved try by Cartwright at the end of the half. And good to see the RCG-Offa and Matterson-Paulo pairings in the middles.

Against this calibre of opposition, we still should have had more than two tries for the half, given our rate of possession (66%) and completions (92%).

Defence is holding up, but Dogs aren't really asking many questions, so even if we manage to keep them scoreless it's early days in terms of how we'll hold up against quality attacking teams.

Not sure whether it's worth risking Moses too much, and we could maybe bring Hands into play early this half to ensure Mitchell is conserved for next week?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Bulldogs have everything to play for and came and threw everything into the opening 20.
we were patient as they rushed up in D, and our attack started to shine in the back end of the half.

Grind them down in the next 10 and the points may flow late

Soto

Bench
Very hot at the ground. Dogs in the back play with plenty hands on hips. Keep the momentum going. They won't go away but keep rolling through the middle and they will crack.
Also kick behind Wilson. They are very compressed and he keeps rushing up for the intercept

Eelogical

Referee
I
Should be up by 20

If we keep them to nil

I dread the break. It will be interesting if BA talks to them at half-time. How often does it all flow the other way in the second half? it's obvious already that an injury or two will define our season.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I dread the break. It will be interesting if BA talks to them at half-time. How often does it all flow the other way in the second half? it's obvious already that an injury or two will define our season.
Agree, but I think it's more a case of the opposition coaches adjusting their game plans at half time based on what they see happening, whereas we stick with the pre-determined robotics when ahead - so become more predicatble for a trailing opposition in the second half.

Latest posts