What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
I didn’t say it was an Issue.

Defence is 50% of the game. When a player is the best in his position in defence, surely he’s worthy of consideration.

I think Kenny at 9 and Api on the bench is worth looking at. Especially with Nath at 7 and Yeo 13
Is Kenny really that much of a better defender than Cam McInnes or is he just in a better team. He's one of the toughest and one of the best right now but saying definitively he's the best. I don't know about that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Is Kenny really that much of a better defender than Cam McInnes or is he just in a better team. He's one of the toughest and one of the best right now but saying definitively he's the best. I don't know about that.
I didn’t count Cam because he hasn’t been playing Hooker. But I take your point.

Cam gets through a lot of work, but I don’t recall him ever belting anyone. Kenny hits like a front rower

MugaB

Coach
I didn’t count Cam because he hasn’t been playing Hooker. But I take your point.

Cam gets through a lot of work, but I don’t recall him ever belting anyone. Kenny hits like a front rower
Can did 80 tackles on our lot last year near the end of the season, poor guy was buggered, you would have to think the coach wouldve taken him off for a breather

Original Name

Juniors

Most coaches in regards to tackling think of winning the ruck and how much you win the tackle. Controlling the ruck speed and how consistently you do it is the biggest thing coaches judge tackling on. Big hits are in general a bonus to them and it works in reverse. It's why Matty Eiso can plod forward and fans hate it and don't rate him but as long as he gets a relatively decent/alright play the ball away consistently a coach like Ivan doesn't care and will continue to play him. Same with Woods and all plodders who keep playing first grade.

Isaah Yeo is by far the best at ruck control, slowing down the ruck/winning the play the ball in our team and it's not even close. You could argue that makes him the best defender despite Yeo not hitting anyone. Similarly you could argue Cam Smith was the best defender whenever he played for the same reason despite playing alongside some intimidating hard hitting defenders.

Last edited:

Latest posts