What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
Yeah the Alamoti improvement has been huge. If there is the same then it is a great signing particularly as he would of been cheap

I wonder if Ciraldo and co knew Alamoti had the talent and drive but at the point in the rebuild they were at last year they didn't think it was a good allocation of time and resources to put into a project player requiring heavy development.

I can't imagine Ivan and co would have signed him without talking to ex Panther staff at the Dogs.

Original Name

Juniors
I wonder if Ciraldo and co knew Alamoti had the talent and drive but at the point in the rebuild they were at last year they didn't think it was a good allocation of time and resources to put into a project player requiring heavy development.

I can't imagine Ivan and co would have signed him without talking to ex Panther staff at the Dogs.
Believe me every club in Rugby League club knew that he had the talent. He wasn't a guy playing well in juniors. It was more like prime Mal Malinga almost every single week regardless of if he played in an older age group of juniors. If a centre was able to shut him down in defence that was probably enough for scouts to be at least interested on it's own.

Exsilium

First Grade

I watched several games Alomoti played while at the dogs and in NSW cup. It was clear he was talented enough to be in FG. When we signed him I was pretty happy we did because I felt he was a better option than what they had at the time. Even he seemed surprised he was let go if the recent articles are anything to go by.

Weird how a struggling side wouldn’t build around their own talent in lieu of bringing it in. We seem to get that right and I think he will be a regular FG’er.

betcats

Referee
Everyone knew alamoti was or is a big time talent. Made every rep team, junior origin, aus schoolboys, was playing flegg at 17, cup at 18, nrl at 19.

Dogs struggled last year on and off the field, tough environment for 19 year to be playing his year of grade. He just caught up in that to our benefit.

Munky

Coach
Everyone knew alamoti was or is a big time talent. Made every rep team, junior origin, aus schoolboys, was playing flegg at 17, cup at 18, nrl at 19.

Dogs struggled last year on and off the field, tough environment for 19 year to be playing his year of grade. He just caught up in that to our benefit.

I've haven't watched much juniors since 2007 or so.

Alamoti looked like he ate 2024 Tyrone Peachy when he was on the field last year.

I was pretty surprised in the Cowboys game how different he looked.

kinghippo

Juniors

The dogs were splashing cash for instant improvement and were feeling the salary cap pinch. I think it was probably talked about that he was a couple years away from being at his best and they felt they couldn’t wait.
To be fair they seem to have achieved what they were aiming for, but will need to stabilise and look at talent for the future to keep any success they have found.

Iamback

Coach
I watched several games Alomoti played while at the dogs and in NSW cup. It was clear he was talented enough to be in FG. When we signed him I was pretty happy we did because I felt he was a better option than what they had at the time. Even he seemed surprised he was let go if the recent articles are anything to go by.

Weird how a struggling side wouldn’t build around their own talent in lieu of bringing it in. We seem to get that right and I think he will be a regular FG’er.

That is why those sides continue to struggle

Exsilium

First Grade
That is why those sides continue to struggle

They did get a little shafted in the deal because if I remember correctly, they wanted to keep Avarillo but he went to the Dolphins.
Looking back at that side, they had plenty of talent but never did anything with it

Iamback

Coach
They did get a little shafted in the deal because if I remember correctly, they wanted to keep Avarillo but he went to the Dolphins.
Looking back at that side, they had plenty of talent but never did anything with it

They went after and paid overs for Rheed. That season JMK was their player of the year. Is now a test hooker.

There are several other examples, Same too Tigers and so on

Iamback

Coach
Maybe, but they're several tiers above where they were a year or two ago. Defensively in particular they're much better.

Yeah but a still a half short so likely need a re shuffle. They'd be closer to that with Alamoti, JMK etc over paying overs for JAC etc

Kilkenny

Coach
Most had the Dogs in the bottom 4. They have exceed expectations. They have the 2nd best defence in the NRL. A very good chance to make the 8.
Some were expressing doubts about Cameron Ciraldos coaching credentials last year, he bounced back extremely well and showing he is a fine coach, regardless of how this season pans out for the Dogs. A little bit more quality in a few positions and we could see them as significant improvers next season. I’m not writing them off for this season, they could actually sneak into the eight which would be a terrific achievement.

Latest posts