What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

It was funny as listening to Vlandys on ABC this week. After months of spruiking that the games were going to be on FS1 and what a coup that was he has now flipped to FS1 isnt really that big and FTA is where they need to go lol. I'm sure we will see much flip flapping around as each Vegas foray gets questioned and is justified.
So A Boss has reassessed the very first foray into the USA ( as any decent boss would ..there’s always things to improve on or change ) & this AFL loving,RL hating poster only finds faults .

colly

Juniors
Which is 10pm Eastern Time US. But that NZ game would be 12pm Australian EST. The question is will the NRL sacrifice potential Australian broadcast revenue for potential American revenue? That 12pm Australian game will get more $$$ here as a Sunday night or Monday night. We'll find out during the next negotiation.
You are right their. However the 12 noon Sunday game is day game on a traditional day off. As you said elsewhere more games are needed so i would want to see 12.00then a 2pm 4 pm and a 6.30 game , thats four games where we had two. Still a 2pm and a 4pm and 6.30 Sunday schedule is great also.

Jamberoo

Juniors
It was funny as listening to Vlandys on ABC this week. After months of spruiking that the games were going to be on FS1 and what a coup that was he has now flipped to FS1 isnt really that big and FTA is where they need to go lol. I'm sure we will see much flip flapping around as each Vegas foray gets questioned and is justified.
PVL is a do-er, not a thinker. He just gets things done. He doesn‘t care what comes out of his mouth. He is happy to speak without being properly prepared - like a certain fromer US President. He just says what he thinks his people want to hear and what will get media attention. The Sydney media loves him so nobody will ever call him out in NSW. The funny thing is that most people (many here) believe what he says even if it makes no sense or contradicts what he said previously.

Some don’t like him at all (me), but he is passionate and exactly what RL needs.

Maximus

Coach
And I'm sure PVL understands and does a better job in absolutely every area than I would, but I'm an Australian who has a relationship to US gambling market so I understand it.

And personally I don't think PVL doesn't understand what I posted or isn't bad at my job, but there's a much more logical explanation that brings it all together. I think he's saying future revenue of tens of millions as a smokescreen/justification for doing something that he wants to do, Vegas, but using it to divert criticism or questioning about if it really is the correct financial strategy, which it may or may not be, but he hasn't really been asked about it by the media that was only positive about Vegas and got a free trip to Vegas.

It's not an Alt, too. This is my only LU account. I will admit I'm not the biggest fan of NRL because I grew up in an AFL state but my work history in the gambling industry has meant that I have spent many years of my life in Sydney and Brisbane and because I enjoy live sport and don't care about code wars, came to enjoy NRL over time.

Don't worry about wb1234. He's the dumbest member of the forum. Anyone who doesn't worship pvl and consider him to be God is called a union/afl troll.

He's incapable of arguing any of the information you've provided.

footyfan4life

Juniors
So A Boss has reassessed the very first foray into the USA ( as any decent boss would ..there’s always things to improve on or change ) & this AFL loving,RL hating poster only finds faults .
Exactly. PVL will get the game on FTA and the nrl will be watched by hundreds of millions of eyes.

Wb1234

Referee
How did your Swannies go? was you there to cheer them on?
Remember when one of you’re mates/alts said the nrl couldn’t afford to play it at allegiant and would have to use a college field

then they got over 40k to it and Americans are raving about rugby league

like magic this will get bigger every year and be a platform for genuine expansion into America

Perth Red

Post Whore
Remember when one of you’re mates/alts said the nrl couldn’t afford to play it at allegiant and would have to use a college field

then they got over 40k to it and Americans are raving about rugby league

like magic this will get bigger every year and be a platform for genuine expansion into America
remember U2, star power, UFC, boxing? A lot of sht has been said about this whole thing, which is quite fitting for Vegas really lol

docbrown

Coach
You are right their. However the 12 noon Sunday game is day game on a traditional day off. As you said elsewhere more games are needed so i would want to see 12.00then a 2pm 4 pm and a 6.30 game , thats four games where we had two. Still a 2pm and a 4pm and 6.30 Sunday schedule is great also.
Look I'm not ruling it out at. As the NRL expands they'll want as many non-competing slots as possible and noon is one of those. But if I were a betting man, if the crowds stay about 19-20k for the next few years, Monday night and Sunday night football will be the next major things. But we'll see.

Latest posts