What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v Raiders game day thread

Marchad

Juniors
Perfect resemblance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 8.00.27 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 8.00.27 pm.png
    800.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 8.01.51 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 8.01.51 pm.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Chimp

Bench
A good win in the end considering the circumstances, but I hope Fitz doesn’t allow that to paper over the cracks.
Whilst the ref was a nob for that first 20
Mins, we handled it terribly. Awful handling, poor discipline and soft defence.

I still have a big issue with the lack of craft from Brailey in the final 10 meters. I’ve been saying it for over a year, he offers ZERO attacking threat on their line, and that’s making us look very pedestrian and side to side when we’re in good ball. He’s attracting no attention from the defence and they can just slide in defence. He doesn’t even have a look in front of him, whilst our bloke is on the ground, his focus is entirely on who he’ll be passing to, every single time, never looking for an opportunity himself.

What I don’t get, is I’ve been calling it for over 12 months, and can see the issues it then causes in our attack, so why isn’t someone in the club sorting it, why aren’t the coaches on it, why doesn’t Brailey get it himself. Just have the odd dart, once or twice a game, even if it’s not on, just to keep the defence honest.

Windy70

Juniors
The first 20 was a continuation of the Tigers game. I was very close to just turning it off and watching a movie.

Glad I didn't. Great come back and even greater to see the likes for Williams and Cam dig so deep.

Great win.

I hope Fitzy sticks with the forwards that are making a difference.

Cough,Cough, …….Williams.

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
Williams was having a lot to say in the huddle out on the field after the warm up. Becoming a very important part of our team

Chimp

Bench
Williams was having a lot to say in the huddle out on the field after the warm up. Becoming a very important part of our team
Williams is one of the players that I just couldn’t imagine in another clubs colours. He seems super tight with the group and really bought in to the club - I think his bromance buddy BHU taking unders to stay gives us a massive chance of keeping him too.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I noted that Hynes spoke to him albeit briefly post game, can’t lip read after beer, but I would assume ‘great knock’ would have been choice words.
He and the captain lead the way.

chewsta

First Grade
As good as Ronnie was last night, man I wish he would just stay on his winger in defence and let our inside defenders come to him. We have had a lot of tries scored against us with unmarked wingers well outside Ronnie. Two tries last night and almost a third that he luckily got his fingers to the pass to knock it out of play.

Reactions: PJ

Craigshark

First Grade
As good as Ronnie was last night, man I wish he would just stay on his winger in defence and let our inside defenders come to him. We have had a lot of tries scored against us with unmarked wingers well outside Ronnie. Two tries last night and almost a third that he luckily got his fingers to the pass to knock it out of play.

Timoko is friggin strong. Can’t blame him for being concerned one on one with iro that close to the line.

It gets infuriating

What grade played prior to last nights match? I arrived at the game to see the scoreboard 30-4 against! A worrying result for our up and coming youngens