What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Most clubs will have 1/3 of their squad off contract at the start of any given year. It's a constant churn.

The good news is that we get first crack at our players, and hopefully the ones we want will be resigned long before the other clubs can get a sniff.

We will know well before the contracts expire who is worth keeping, I am not worried

Munky

Coach
The biggest issue with the core middles will be length of contract.

If we offer two years and another team makes it be known they'd offer four years it could be a problem.

An aging player isn't turning down four years on decent coin.

Iamback

Coach
The biggest issue with the core middles will be length of contract.

If we offer two years and another team makes it be known they'd offer four years it could be a problem.

An aging player isn't turning down four years on decent coin.

That is an issue but they'd be on the decline then, I'd rather the flexibility to decide. Then have bum players on huge money

Sime_11

Juniors
thats just for this season wouldnt it?

if you get promoted to FG squad this year - can you go back to development contract/squad next year ?

does this also mean maybe Riki might be getting a run against the tigers in 2 weeks?

Black Panther

Juniors
Lisati was the one they earmarked a few years ago to come on. He is in the top 30 but never gets a run. I hope either Geyer or Riki get a crack next game, we certainly need to run with a Backrower on the bench.

Fangs

Coach
Thats been the talk in the media ( thus agent ), although I'm still think they are fine with Sloane staying back.

Has to be on thin ice. I'd look at him on the wing or out.

Has some outstanding moments in attack but defensively he is a huge liability. Also has a number of errors in his game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sunia Turuva hasn’t played a lot of fullback if any this past two seasons. It’s obviously his preferred position but it’s also where the better money is, so handy as a selling point.

Kilkenny

Coach
Lisati was the one they earmarked a few years ago to come on. He is in the top 30 but never gets a run. I hope either Geyer or Riki get a crack next game, we certainly need to run with a Backrower on the bench.
Hasn’t really done enough in NSW Cup to warrant a debut.