What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Coaching won’t fix the problems at our club. Brian Smith and two premiership winners couldn’t do it. Financial investment and time will grow our club. By all means replace the coach. We will still be a good team without him. But just getting a new coach won’t make us great. That requires sustained spending.

Pazza

First Grade
Coaching won’t fix the problems at our club. Brian Smith and two premiership winners couldn’t do it. Financial investment and time will grow our club. By all means replace the coach. We will still be a good team without him. But just getting a new coach won’t make us great. That requires sustained spending.
What exactly cultivates success???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've been told he still wasn't happy to hear it from Robbo, but hearing the same thing from two different clubs made him realise that perhaps they were right.
Some pretty average coaches have won premierships - Hagan, Stuart, Maguire, Green - so luck is obviously a factor. How lucky has Robinson been? Bennett has won nothing in 14 years. Unlucky? Hasler has won two of them but nothing since 2011. Is he a good coach or not? Cleary’s record for the first 13 years of his career was atrocious. Suddenly he goes back to Penrith and he can coach. These inconsistent coaching results show there’s something more important than coaching that determines results.

Avenger

Immortal
Some pretty average coaches have won premierships - Hagan, Stuart, Maguire, Green - so luck is obviously a factor. How lucky has Robinson been? Bennett has won nothing in 14 years. Unlucky? Hasler has won two of them but nothing since 2011. Is he a good coach or not? Cleary’s record for the first 13 years of his career was atrocious. Suddenly he goes back to Penrith and he can coach. These inconsistent coaching results show there’s something more important than coaching that determines results.
We’ve just been unlucky. Thank f**k you’re here to educate us.

Avenger

Immortal
We absolutely need another outside back. I’d throw Oates an 18months offer to join now.
Be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks seeing we still have 3 spots left that must be filled by June.

BTW - Didn't I tell you we were looking at a significant outside back? It was at least 6 weeks ago.

Stevie

Bench
Be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks seeing we still have 3 spots left that must be filled by June.

BTW - Didn't I tell you we were looking at a significant outside back? It was at least 6 weeks ago.
From memory you didn’t know who it was so it’s a verrrrrrry long bow to draw hahaha.

But I’ll give you benefit of the doubt, thousands wouldn’t …

Latest posts