What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sammut

abpanther

Staff member
I don't know about you guys but I'm not sure if I wanna see Sammut play first grade for us in the future, the guys seems like a selfish player who does whatever he feels like. In the game last night, he had those stupid orange boots on again, he twice tried going for drop outs near the sideline and kicked the ball out on the full, even on the try he set up with a grubber if you watch the replay he should have simply given an inside pass to Tighe, instead he grubbered ahead for himself. Even in golden point that last field goal attempt was a bit of a selfish play too, lucky he got it.

Is anyone else seeing this trend in Sammut or is it just me? He seems like a selfish showpony to me

Big Mick

Referee
Right..lets drop a guy for the colour of his boots...far out some people.

Maybe that is what he was told to do on the drop outs?...I've seen Gower do it many times..

and for the selfish field goals...PLEASE tell me...WHO THE HELL ELSE IS THERE TO KICK THEM?

murraymob

Coach
sammutt is the one selected to go for the field goals .No one went into dummy half so he did took the shot and we are winners.He had a good game considering he would not have played many games on the wing.At the back end of the game it was the forwards who where missing in action.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Send Sammut up the road and you can have Finchy. I'm sure he'd even wear whatever coloured boots you like.

PAPI

Juniors
The boots mean nothing. The guy is young and full of confidence, on Sat night he was Penriths only chance to kick a field goal, even Petro said after the match "it was Jarrod or me" who had to take the shots.
I understand what you are saying, i even agree a little but it is players like Jarrod who will win games for you, like he did last night.
In saying that i think the Wing is a good spot for him, i did notice when it got late in the game and in extra time he got right into the middle of the field and was fresh and a constant threat.
He knew he was the best chance to get the team over the line with a field goal and saw a chance to pot one so he did.
so put it this way, you would rather have him in the side and deal with the odd brain explosion than be without the match winning he brings to the game.:D

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Right..lets drop a guy for the colour of his boots...far out some people.

Maybe that is what he was told to do on the drop outs?...I've seen Gower do it many times..

and for the selfish field goals...PLEASE tell me...WHO THE HELL ELSE IS THERE TO KICK THEM?

DAMN STRAIGHT. You are just racist to people who wear orange boots.
If Kevein Rudd put orange boots on you would vote for liberal wouldnt you.
YOU SICKEN ME.

murraymob

Coach
pantha boy are you saying you want sammut dropped because mick is defending him same as me.He had a good game for some one who has not played on the wing.If he wins us games i dont care what colour boots he wears .He can even borrow your pink ones The line is in the water

Fibroman

First Grade
Wearing the silly coloured boots brings attention upon himself, just like the the shower room.

I think he should do a good job for us on the wing to fill in for Gordon and help out in the goal kicking department.

In the lates stages of each half he can move into first receiver and cause a few problems with his speed around the ruck areas.

I don't mind him on the wing. It might turn out to be good for us. It might turn out to be a disaster. Who knows?

mxlegend99

Referee
I thought he had a pretty average game, and wouldn't be upset if he was dropped.

As a winger he was fine... but everything he contributed to kicking was below average. 2 missed field goals... that grubbered across the ground, kicking out on the full a few times and his goal kicking were all shocking. Even the field goal which won the game was very dodgy.

griffo346

First Grade
u guys are so farkin picky just have to think the guy is only 20 playing first grade give him a chance.

You cant expect him to field the void left by Gowie so quickly

abpanther

Staff member
All I'm saying is that I have noticed some selfish tendencies in his play, FFS people I'm not saying he should be dropped for wearing orange boots, but obviously it makes him stand out and draw attention to himself, which also seems a bit selfish along with some of his play. I though he played ok but I didn't think he was nearly as threatening as some have made out.

I hope the kid can be a superstar, but I've just observed some selfish tendencies, thats all.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
pantha boy are you saying you want sammut dropped because mick is defending him same as me.He had a good game for some one who has not played on the wing.If he wins us games i dont care what colour boots he wears .He can even borrow your pink ones The line is in the water

At least i can afford boots. If u want boots you go scabbing around in the smith family bins.
You cant even afford a TV thats why you have no idea about footy.

Kilkenny

Coach
How the mighty have fallen. Both here and on PI many touted young Jarrod Sammut as being the heir apparent to Craig Gowers number seven jumper despite ignoring the fact he had not played in the role in grade.

Those who had no doubts that Jarrod Sammut would easily make the transition and immediately perform miracles seem to have turned on him already despite the fact we are not yet half way thru the season.

For the record I was not one who believed that Jarrod Sammut was suited to the half back position and I posted my views on both PI and LU.

I do however think he did a reasonable job, particulary in defensive where I think he was outstanding.

We need to get off the kids back and bloody support him.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I don't think I will ever quite get use to it, but it doesnt surprise me anymore Kilkenny.
Take a look at Gowie's case, when he was playing he was disgraceful to many, now he's a legend and has huge boots to fill.
I don't know what they are suppose to do, i guess all they can be is thankful that they are looked on as legends after they have move on.
If management do the right thing by Sammut, he too will be a legend to the majority of panther fans one day.

I'm with Papi, I would rather a selfish Sammut on my side than not in it or against us.

I've wrote this before that he is oozing with confidence and brings a winning attitude to the game. If it means he has to put in grubber kicks for himself or take the line on himself then bring it on.

So many intercepts can go the wrong way, I remember a certain player being labelled selfish because he would every now and then read a pass wrong and in the process left a gap for the opposition. **** happens.

murraymob

Coach
jarrod went well on the wing.He has copped a bit but i have no doubt he will have them eating humble pie.playing on the wing and playing well tells all of us he is a team player.It will not be long before he has a half position and is poping passes to shane bindi blackett and putting him in the clear

The jazz and bindi show