What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith Gone

Smith has signed with the panthers for 3 years. brandy just confirmed on 2UE.

Personally i like the effort smith puts in , in defence. Its something our team has been lacking for a few years.

Still i hope we didnt pay to much for him.

Fibroman

First Grade
Nathan is a 130-160k player. I like the bloke, but I think he was getting paid way 'overs' at 240k a season at Canberra.

he must really want to stay at Penrith. Lets hope he continues to improve. He is a Gary Larson style player. Just keeps going all day long.

Kilkenny

Coach
Deserves the $600K three year deal.

He has been our most consistent player in the last season and a half.

Personally, I cant believe our fans are not overjoyed?

We would not have secured the two points against the Cowboys last week if not for his 58 tackles. Fact. He does the business each and every week and the sooner our fans recognise his achievements the better.

Fibroman

First Grade
I agree killkenny. nathan gives 100% every week. He's no superstar, but he is as honest as the day is long and is the type of player every team needs.

I liken him to Gary larson, who, from recollection was one of Origin's legends.

Enough said.

Big Mick

Referee
Its not that i'm not happy he is re-signed,

I'm just not sure where that leaves other players next year.

The likes of Wade Graham, Masada Iosefa, Michael Leeds etc...who all deserve a shot at grade but wont get it because of these players being re-signed.

It would be a slap in the face to these young guys to have management say "we're prepared to let these guys go because we believe in your ability" and then turn around and say "Oh but wait...because we now don't believe in you, we will match the over's paid by other clubs for these same players'.

griffo346

First Grade
Mick im sure these players will get a go particularly Masada Iosefa as im not sure what priddo is doing if he goes Aiton will start and Iosefa will be bench

Big Mick

Referee
Yes but now the push has come to Re-sign Priddis...

While I love that players stay loyal etc...sometimes people just need to think 2-3 years ahead of what the club needs to be sustainably successful in the future rather than making emotional decisions right now.

Big Mick

Referee
yeah i know that...but that means we'd have 4 hookers listed for 09'...Masada's contract expires in 09'.

If he doesn't get first grade this year and then none next year guaranteed he will leave.

abpanther

Staff member
Smith was one of our better forwards against the Sharks, he set up a try with a really strong run and made plenty of tackles, played better than Waterhouse who made way too many errors.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
yeah i know that...but that means we'd have 4 hookers listed for 09'...Masada's contract expires in 09'.

If he doesn't get first grade this year and then none next year guaranteed he will leave.

Well out of all them i would be getting rid of Priddis. Keep Aiton and Iosefa and punt Keith Peters.

mxlegend99

Referee
To be honest, i'd be trying to get rid of both Aiton and Peters.

2009 Hooker Priorities:
1. Masada Iosefa
2. Joel Romelo
3. Luke Priddis
4. Paul Aiton
5. Keith Peters

If we could get rid of Aiton and Peters, i'd try to keep Priddis for another season. Paul Aiton was excellent in his debut season, and has been average since. Keith Peters has been terrible in every game i've seen him play... most overrated junior we have ever had.