What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chance t williams might stay.....

Avenger

Immortal
You guys are such fools. You honestly think that Parra made this player (assuming he is good). So in other words I can give you a boy, any boy, and Parra can turn him into a 1st grade footballer and then you own them?? You guys helpd Williams utilise his talents. Without his talent, no amount of nurturing by Parra would have helped. Talent cannot be taught or trained. Parra does not own his talent.

Dale Shearer is a Manly Legend and is held in high respect, unlike Jamie Lyon at your club.

Well we must be doing something right because you monkeys have a hard on for every Parra Junior.

I nominate your post as the most ignorant one of the year.

You silly pr*ck.

Last edited:

Ryan

Juniors
For the record, I had a look after being requested to do so, and I can see that you DID NOT have a link.

Hope that clears things up.

As mud dude. Clear as mud.

Willow - I was talking about the intial post originally, and the way El Diablo ripped apart the title, and any reply I made subsequent to that.
Yes, my replies were cut and pastes of articles written from both The Sea Eagles official site, and Parra's official site (Blind freddie could see that), but they were deleted as there was no link.

Very, very petty in my opinion. There were quotes from the respective management people. To that end, up the top of one of the posts was:-

EELS DISAPPOINTED AT WILLIAMS DECISION
4.48pm, Tuesday 27 May 2008
Pirtek Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald has expressed his extreme disappointment at the loss of Toyota Cup player Tony Williams.

etc etc etc. FROM the official site of all places.

Like I said before, El Diablo is entitled to his opinion, and me, mine. The original article suggested that Hagan was hinting at Manly cheating the salary cap - hence the title of my thread. I thought Hagan was completely unfounded - where do you stand on that subject?

The fact is that I think I was wronged, and being that my replies were deleted, my overall stance was measured and edited to El Diablo's Parramatta stance. It's the same as him suggesting Williams is ungrateful or whatever. He obviously must know the guy, or wouldn't be able to make those alleagations without him having a source to prove that.

That's what I mean mate - where do you draw the line in the sand? Diablo's line is drawn - but in yellow and blue texta.

Then again - the only reason I'm going on, is that the subject has been bought up in public again, and is carrying on. I was just going to let it go, and let bygons be the way they are, even after Diablo said I'm full of sh*t and trying to play the victim....

It's a forum - we should all just take it easy.

I STILL think Diablo understands that his comments about Williams were wrong - but the mug is too danged proud to admit it (I don't think Diablo has the capacity to have his opinion turned).

Diablo - all good mate? Onward and upward?

strider

Post Whore
gee I wish they'd hurry up with the press conference ... I'm starting to wonder if maybe its not true :-s

Gronk

Staff member
My sources tell me that Guru made the top 100 of Australian Idol and will be concentrating on that hereinafter ! TW will be signing with us any tick ! A joint announcement between Fitzy & Dicko will be issued shortly !

OK I might have made all that up....

Avenger

Immortal
My sources tell me that Guru made the top 100 of Australian Idol and will be concentrating on that hereinafter ! TW will be signing with us any tick ! A joint announcement between Fitzy & Dicko will be issued shortly !

:lol::lol:

Lucky I can read invisible ink.

El Diablo

Post Whore
As mud dude. Clear as mud.

Willow - I was talking about the intial post originally, and the way El Diablo ripped apart the title, and any reply I made subsequent to that.

you had 3 posts deleted by me. two for posting articles that had no link/source. if you think deleting posts for that reason is something new then you are wrong. it happens regularly

i have showed you the guidelines, but it looks like i have to do it again
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/forumrules.php#source
SOURCING MATERIAL
Sourcing material means providing due credit to the ORIGINAL source. If that source has an URL (website) link, then the URL must be included. If no URL is available, then the published reference must be included in the post. Please note that while the member posting the published source is entirely responsible for its validity, the Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited may remove any post or source reference at their discretion.

the third post of yours that was deleted by me was because you quoted a post made by another member whose post was deleted because it contained unsubstantiated allegations

the topic title was changed because the article you posted never said what you claimed

Ryan

Juniors
you had 3 posts deleted by me. two for posting articles that had no link/source. if you think deleting posts for that reason is something new then you are wrong. it happens regularly

i have showed you the guidelines, but it looks like i have to do it again
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/forumrules.php#source

the third post of yours that was deleted by me was because you quoted a post made by another member whose post was deleted because it contained unsubstantiated allegations

the topic title was changed because the article you posted never said what you claimed

No worries mate. Apologies if you thought I was accusing you of anything. I didn't mean it that way..I was more trying to debate this topic @ hand(hehehehe) but got a little off track.

All good?

I'm just concerned that if our debate ends, this thread will collapse in on itself, and we can't keep the dream alive for 100 pages !:D

PS: You hear we are letting players go potentially due to cap issues mate? (Maybe the Williams affect is now haunting us a little)

Manly daily
John Greco

http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/06/12/10561_sports.html

12 June 2008

CONSISTENT Manly forward Mark Bryant has confirmed he is likely to leave the club and head overseas at the end of the 2008 season.

The off-contract forward has held preliminary talks with Sea Eagles management about a new deal but it's understood salary cap restrictions are likely to see the 27-year-old head to England next year.

Bryant said he would love to continue with the Sea Eagles beyond this year but admitted the time could be right for a move.

"I've always wanted to play in England and it would be a great time to go over," the Cootamundra junior told the Manly Daily yesterday from the Sea Eagles team camp in Kiama.

"I'm 27 now and I don't want to leave it too late I've travelled over there with my wife before and want to go back.

"Experiencing the Super League is something that's very appealing.

"Nothing's confirmed yet but the club is struggling salary cap wise so it's a good option.

"It would be disappointing to move on but it's one of those things in footy."

Bryant and manager Jim Banaghan are currently negotiating with a number of Super League clubs but it's believed Warrington is leading the race for his signature.

"I've had a chat to Monners (Michael Monaghan) and Hicksy (Chris Hicks) about (playing there)," Bryant said.

"That's definitely an option but I'm also talking to a few other clubs.

"I'm not ruling anything out."

Bryant has developed from fringe first grader to a solid NRL performer in his three-and-a half seasons at Brookvale.

He has managed to play in almost every match over the past two seasons despite being in a Sea Eagles pack that boasts representative forwards like Brent Kite, Jason King, Anthony Watmough and more recently Josh Perry. Bryant said he was desperate to leave the club on a high.

"What happened last year still hurts," he said.

CharlieF

Juniors
Well we must be doing something right because you monkeys have a hard on for every Parra Junior.

I nominate your post as the most ignorant one of the year.

You silly pr*ck.

You don't have to resort to name calling. It gives me justification for doing so.

My point is that if a player has talent, then any f**kin club can foster it. If it was the Tigers for instance who first had him, he would be just as good. I am trying to tell you ignorant ones that Parramatta did not give him the Talent he has. They gave him training and advise, that is all. You silly ignorant prick.

CharlieF

Juniors
if they didn't then who did?

Manly lol

manly do not claim to have made Brett Stuart. He is a talent on his own. Manly assisted with helping him realise his potential, potential that already existed. Without this potential, you could spend 10 million dollars on him, and have nothing.

Please, enough with the ignorance. What happened with your investment in Witt?

Jodeci

Bench

Will it be on parratv?:)

One thing we know about Manly players is that they are all there for the Money. Orford, Bell, Lyon. They just keep buying there way out $$$$$$$$

oldmancraigy

Coach
manly do not claim to have made Brett Stuart. He is a talent on his own. Manly assisted with helping him realise his potential, potential that already existed. Without this potential, you could spend 10 million dollars on him, and have nothing.

Please, enough with the ignorance. What happened with your investment in Witt?

Pretty sure we saw that was no investment whatsoever and got rid of it?

but think about just how bad he really would have been if we hadn't put in any effort at all!!!

spiderdan

Bench
Cleal? Hardwork?

:lol:

Reaps the benefits of everyone else doing it for him.
haa. i think the cleal talent scout legend has been exagerated a tad.

for every good player that cleal has identified there are five or six that don't even come close to making it (who can forget the way he paraded barney haslett on the footy show before barney suffered from early burnout).

cleal's biggest claim to scouting fame was jamie lyon. an exceptional talent but cleal stumbled upon him at a mate's place that was waiting for a rep from norths to come and sign lyon up. cleal was told that "lyon was better than stuart kelly at the same age", a prospect that crusher couldn't keep away from so off he went and poached lyon from them.

granted i was happy lyon played for us for the years he did but crusher is hardly a great eye for spotting talent.

Latest posts