What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

METSM - The Mass Eels To Storm Movement

one person hardly qualifies as a "mass" movement you are starting to sound like one of these so-called fans who switches teams at the end of every year to follow the new premiers, if you dont like following this team anymore then p*ss off but expecting a big crowd to follow you is just laughable

p.s. maybe you've forgotten it was a storm thug who tried to rip caylo's arm out of the socket last year but i bloody well haven't and i know i'm not alone......unlike you

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
one person hardly qualifies as a "mass" movement you are starting to sound like one of these so-called fans who switches teams every year to follow the premiers if you dont like following this team then p*ss off but expecting a big crowd to follow you is just laughable

p.s. maybe you've forgotten it was a storm thug who tried to rip caylo's arm out of its socket last year but i bloody well haven't and i know i'm not alone......unlike you

Please, I already said that I am NOT a bandwagon supporter because I have supported the storm in secret before they were good because I felt sorry for them and I liked the team mascot. Another reason why you should leave the eels. They don't have an intimidating mascot and therefore are incompetent to be in the NRL. A view that is widely accepted by many of us eels fans, yet too scared to do anything about it.

Rejoice, there is a way out

METSM

Tommax25

Bench
You may also want this one:

un·sub·stan·ti·at·ed 1.not substantiated; unproved or unverified: unsubstantiated allegations. 2.being without form or substance.

Just so you can pronounce it.

Please, I already said that I am NOT a bandwagon supporter because I have supported the storm in secret before they were good because I felt sorry for them and I liked the team mascot. Another reason why you should leave the eels. They don't have an intimidating mascot and therefore are incompetent to be in the NRL. A view that is widely accepted by many of us eels fans, yet too scared to do anything about it.

METSM

hahaha lol

bradeel

Juniors
Mate, you have to be taking the piss. Surely?

And for the record, I am not joining your club. I HATE it when people say they have 2nd favourite teams. I don't even enjoy Origin or Test football because I hate watching Parra players bash each other and compete alongside hated players from the opposition. I could not give a toss who wins the finals. The 2008 NRL season is officially dead to me as of Sat night.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

METSM

you certainly make me want to have a movement, but not the one that you are talking about

METSM
read what i posted again i never said you WERE a bandwagon supporter i said you were starting to sound like one and what the hell does anything you said have to do with why i should leave the eels?
p.s. i hardly think some tosser waving a piece of cardboard 'lightning' around and letting a few flash pots off is intimidating

Stagger eel

Staff member

METSM

maybe you can continue to support the storm in secret by going away, quietly and minding your own business..because quite frankly I couldn't see anyone giving an ounce of f**k what you think.

In 1986 me a new friend of mine, who happened to be a Parra supporter, reveled in the Eels success. We joked and laughed and how we were going to slaughter whoever we met in the Grand Final. It was best of times, but contrary to Dickens, it was NOT the worse of times.

That came the next year when the Eels weren't doing as well. I remember playing in the schoolyard when a teacher came up to a group of my friends and I chatting about his beloved Tigers (who at the time were doing very well). My so-called friend then stated that the Tigers were his 'favourite team'.

I was shocked. Bewildered. Gobsmacked to high heaven. How can my friend change teams so ... so ... so easily??

Till this day I can not figure it out.

He did not remain my friend for long, because to change teams so easily says a lot about ones character and the lack of loyalty one has.

There is such an emotional investment with supporting a sporting team that one can not just sit down and decide what team to support on a whim or on a promise or on anything else except for that thing that draws you in to that team.

Every single team I support I have emotional investment with:

I was born at Parramatta Hospital - Parramatta Eels
I thought Richmond (of AFL) were of the city of Richmond in NSW not Melbourne - Richmond Tigers
I lived in Oklahoma for 4 years - Oklahome City THUNDER!
I attended University of Oklahoma - University of Oklahoma Sooners
I lived near Buffalo for three years - Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres
I watched an FA Cup final where a player from Man Utd was sent off unfairly - Manchester United

The list goes on and on. Every single team I support I have connection with and in those sports I don't have a 'team' I don't choose a team on a whim, with a flip of a coin, or whatever. I just don't support a team.

For instance I have never supported an NBA team till now. I don't support a MLB team cause I haven't found a connection to any team yet.

So, the whole point of this essay is to say ...

F*CK OFF!

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
I would like to state that I am still an eels fan, I am just gathering people for this movement for when the time is right.

So I am NOT going anywhere.

I HAVE NOT CHANGED TEAMS IN RESPONSE TO THAT ESSAY. I am going to make the transition easier for people when the time comes... the METSM storm fans will be an elite group that will band together as Storm supporters in unison, like any other fan group that a club has. Our number one rivals will of course be the Eels.

I would like to state that I am still an eels fan, I am just gathering people for this movement for when the time is right.

I HAVE NOT CHANGED TEAMS IN RESPONSE TO THAT ESSAY. I am going to make the transition easier for people when the time comes... the METSM storm fans will be an elite group that will band together as Storm supporters in unison, like any other fan group that a club has. Our number one rivals will of course be the Eels.

No you are NOT an Eels fan!
Even the thought of supporting another team makes you NOT an Eels fan!

The thought of supporting another team should make you sick at the stomach. It should be unfathomable. Unthinkable. Unforgivable.

Swiftstylez

Bench
No you are NOT an Eels fan!
Even the thought of supporting another team makes you NOT an Eels fan!

The thought of supporting another team should make you sick at the stomach. It should be unfathomable. Unthinkable. Unforgivable.

Maybe you so called Eels fans should have a good hard look at yourself. Always putting everyone and everything down in the place, only showing your love for the club when we are winning premierships.

Is it all of these people that aren't loyal fans.

It is I who is the exact definition of what an eels fan should be.

I can talk the talk, and I can walk the walk.

All of you talk it up hard but do nothing about it.

It is time my friends.

METSM is coming.

I am not only gathering the movement to get away from the club, I am gathering it for anyone who wants to get away from the so called "fans".

And this is where I will add the new kicker:

I am not going to stop supporting the Eels. I am just creating a free passage for anyone who wishes to support the storm to go and do so. I will however lead this army whilst still maintaining loyalty to the eels, something which all of you lack.

IN OTHER WORDS: I AM PURGING ALL OF YOU WHO ARE NOT WORTHY.

Last edited:
I will not be supporting anyone of the 8 teams competing in the finals series however I will be using every inch of my energies towards our NYC squad and the Wentworthville Magpies as they compete for the prize.

is that ok with you?

It's fans like you I admire. Bloody good chances they are too, it's like many fans are de-valueing(sp) the competitions, I hope they do well, they are both absolute joys to watch. The season is still with a chance.

No...of course you haven't changed teams. When you say 'when the time comes' it shows so much faith you have in Parramatta Eels. Melbourne already have spawned rivalries, how about Manly for instance?

And you're also saying when the...ah-hem...'rivals' meet who will you support? I'm guessing the team whom is higher on the ladder.

Maybe you so called Eels fans should have a good hard look at yourself. Always putting everyone and everything down in the place, only showing your love for the club when we are winning premierships.

Is it all of these people that aren't loyal fans.

It is I who is the exact definition of what an eels fan should be

And you're doing what exactly? Aren't you only showing love for the club because they aren't achieving as much success as you'd like? Do you call yourself a loyal Eels fan?

Eels fans stick by Eels, not Storm.
See the difference?

Swiftstylez

Bench
It's fans like you I admire. Bloody good chances they are too, it's like many fans are de-valueing(sp) the competitions, I hope they do well, they are both absolute joys to watch. The season is still with a chance.

No...of course you haven't changed teams. When you say 'when the time comes' it shows so much faith you have in Parramatta Eels. Melbourne already have spawned rivalries, how about Manly for instance?

And you're also saying when the...ah-hem...'rivals' meet who will you support? I'm guessing the team whom is higher on the ladder.

And you're doing what exactly? Aren't you only showing love for the club because they aren't achieving as much success as you'd like? Do you call yourself a loyal Eels fan?

Eels fans stick by Eels, not Storm.
See the difference?

You obviously didn't see my updated post above. It was a bit late of an edit, but go back and review it. It basically disproves any of this.

But to add to the relevant bits.

The mission is simple. To move all of the Eels fans who do not deserve to be here or are sick of being fans (90%) over to the Melbourne Storm, and creating a contingent that is renowned for demanding only quality performances.

parra pete

Referee
I am hoping for a Raiders win now the Eels are out of the NRL competition.

The Raiders of 2008 remind me of the Eels of 2001..
I love their no nonsense approach to their football - both in attack and defence. The Raiders Qld Cup team - Souths Logan - is in the Grand Final of the Queensland Cup this weekend.
My mate's young bloke, Joel Thompson made his first grade debut last Sunday against the Bulldogs. Joel, all the way from Ivanhoe.....
He is a 'gun'..the next Ryan Hoffman, mark my words.
He has been elevated into the top 25 for 2009, signed until the end of 2010 and the Raiders are looking to extend.

Bazal

Post Whore

I'd like to echo the general sentiment of the thread. Get f**ked. Also, get me out of your f**king signature you pathetic, fairweather, trolling twat.

Latest posts