What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we a chance on Sunday?

lingard

Coach
So; we face the might of Melbourne. The best attack in the NRL. A host of Origin stars. A team who have just demolished their last two opponents. Do we have a chance of beating them and winning the most unexpected of premierships? I say YES.
Firstly, Melbourne's run-in has been relatively easy. They flogged the Warriors; they flogged a badly depleted Newcastle; they flogged Brisbane without their inform Origin half-back. They flogged Manly without Jamie Lyons and with a sadly out of form Brett Stewart. At least two of those games have been home games for Melbourne, I think. None of them were sudden death. This will be sudden death on a neutral ground.
Parramatta have beaten Saints, Canterbury, Titans, in recent weeks - all hard games, all sudden death. Our preparation is better. Come Sunday - win lose or draw - Melbourne are not going to know what hit them when they face us. We have better attack and better resolve than the teams Melbourne have faced recently; and FAR better defence.
Melbourne have been in three Grand Finals and only won one. They themselves might be wondering whether or not they are chokers. I'm wondering. Melbourne seem to have peaked at the right time, but I think Parra have a touch more improvement left in attack - especially from Mateo and Inu. Robson gets better every match. Same with Mannah.
I big danger is if Melbourne go to a big lead early. If we are within ten points of them at half-time, it's anybody's game. If we happen to be leading at the break - we WILL win.
I think, of all the teams in the finals, Parramatta are the one team that Melbourne would have chosen not to play. We will be VERY dangerous to them. They will be tested like they haven't been tested for a long, long time. GO PARRAMATTA.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
It is all dependent on the first 20-30 mins.

If we can hold our own, we should come back really strongly as our fitness level should be way higher and as you mentioned, Melbourne have had easy games and were tested out mentally or physically.

My only concern would be our 2nd phase play.

Against the doggies, I thought we were a bit reckless as compared to previous matches. However, the ball stuck and the bounces went our way on those passes.

If Melbourne are a little more desperate or the ball bounces against us, we could struggle.

Lastly, we are up against the best coach for the finals. Bennett struggled because he had to reveal his hand in the last round of the normal season.

disstopic

Juniors
Storm have peaked too soon. The Bronco's weren't a test for them and had given in fifteen minutes after the game started.

Finch is going to panic. Hayne and Keating are in. Slater will be nervous with Hayne around after the last confrontation. Eels are going to do it for their captain. Storm will be worried about Bellamy yelling at them. It's looking promising for the Eels.

Hehehe Bellamy is funny when he cracks it too.

Have to be in it to win it.

Opportunities to win the competition are sometimes once in a lifetime, for players and fans alike.

Fate & destiny are two words that come to mind.

If anyone ever deserved to win a premiership, it has to be Hindy.

Hindy has the "force", he chooses to use it wisely!! Destiny says "The force is with you Hindy"!! (Sterlo = Yoda, Fitzy = Darth Vader, Wendell Sailor = Jar Jar Binks)

(Im convinced im losing it already - this is going to be a longggg week!)

Mickyd39

Juniors
we are massive chance.

bring on the storm.

it has been proven over the last 2 months our team fears nothing.

so i say again, bring on the storm.

just another victim.

GO PARRA

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I'm not confident at all to be honest.

They are just clinical. They are primed and agressive and talented and they make me wet my pants in terror little bit when i think about what the score could be.

If we put up a gallant effort i will be happy. (In saying all of that, parramatta, FEEL FREE TO SURPRISE ME!!)

Oscarman

Juniors
Of course we're a chance. The media are just spraying their shorts over Inglis and Slater. They have plenty of spuds in their team as well.

I'm pretty confident we will win.

Parra Steve

Juniors
12 weeks ago we were gone, week 1 of teh finals people said we were gone, this pas weekend people said we were gone but guess what we're still here. We're a great chance on the weekend, regardless of the result, this has been one of the best years ive seen from them.

They are just clinical. They are primed and agressive and talented and they make me wet my pants in terror little bit when i think about what the score could be.

If we put up a gallant effort i will be happy. (In saying all of that, parramatta, FEEL FREE TO SURPRISE ME!!)
They have been surprising me for 11 weeks now, one more week would be nice.

EelsFan05

Bench
If we can hang with them and are close after twenty minutes we are a big chance. If there score a couple early I think we will struggle.

eel01s

Bench
The 2009 Parramatta Eels have balls of steel - they will not stop until they win the comp!

Seriously this team is different to the side of years gone by. They have confidence, desire and the ability to back themselves. There will be no let up in defence. The Storm won't know what hit them.

mickdo

Coach
No, we are no chance. I heard that DA is deciding to forfeit the game and hand the trophy to Melbourne at the Grand Final breakfast because it just isn't worth it.

Sangreal 86

Juniors

Listen young lady, go and stand in the corner, and don't come out until your told....of course we will win by 2 or 3 tries, and there WILL be no wetting of pants until further notice.

bartman

Immortal
I saw it's 50-50... We have to recognise Melbourne's talent and form, the fact they finished the season higher than us, and the fact they've been impressive in the finals series too.

This is not going to be easy, but it should be a great contest. We will be in it up to our necks, but I'm not going in with an expectation. It's great we've got this far, I'm going to enjoy the ride, and anything more than that will just be a (pleasant) bonus.

But fingers crossed, and cheer them home! C'mon Parra!!

cgee221

Juniors

We have to be confident Jess! Otherwise what's the point in turning up on Sunday if we don't think we can win?

I understand where your coming from, though the Storm is nothing we can't handle! The start is the key...it will go quick and we need to match it with them physically for the first 10-15...if we score first after this, we go a long way to winning it and we build the right momentum...we don't want to be chasing them.

Use my positive mind Jess, we can't let the occassion over-awe us otherwise the game is already gone...smart tactics and game plans, along with our flambouyance and steel defence will win us this thing, we've all got to have the mindset we can win this thing, for if we can't see ourselves winning it, what chance are we of actually doing it?

YES WE CAN!!! :D:D:D I need you to share my positivity Jess :D

fish eel

Immortal
Of course we are a chance.

If we defend like we have been for the last ten weeks, that will keep us in the game for the full 80 minutes and we have genuine match winners who can put a big play on.