What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you rate the Knights 97 Premsiership?

Knigts premiership 97?

• Total voters
Newcastle get a nice * for their effort.

Half a title. Actually no, since you gave me the option, I'm voting for "not worth counting".
Cheers.

Canard

Immortal
Saying the ARL was a stronger comp is just a troll.

The Gold Coast made the finals for f**ks sake! They won about 12 games in 5 seasons before 97.

The Cowboys won the spoon in SL, an equivalent team in terms of talent to the Chargers.

macavity

Referee
most valuable premiership of all time.
1256345361.jpg

Danish

Referee
Half a premiership since the comp was split in half...

Although with the amount of steroid users in the team that half is very shaky.

Gaba

First Grade
Saying the ARL was a stronger comp is just a troll.

look at who the broncos played in the super league grand final the sharks :lol: shows what kind of comp super league was if the sharks made the grandfinal :lol:

And look at who the knights beat

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
The ARL were struggling big time in 1997. Just how much were they struggling? In a 12 team comp they had a finals system that had 7 teams.

miccle

Bench
Good win by the Knights.

The only thing that irks me, though, is the asterisk. Either take it off the Broncos for '97, or add one to the Knights which stipulates it was a different comp.

Other than that, we had two premiers that year, because we had two competitions that year. Ho-hum.

Gaba

First Grade
But one comp was a rebel comp, where in other sports they dont count the rebel competition ones

If rugby league was the same , the offical comp was the ARL and that comp would be the only one what would count

Last edited:
^That's cute and all, but the fact of the matter is Brisbane put one of the greatest club sides of all time on the park in 1997, and would of beat every ARL club by 50 points.

Loudstrat

Coach
Let's be serious for a minute. If 1997 was a united comp the Broncos would have wiped the floor with the Knights.
Subtract the players that Brisbane gained from Super League - Tallis, Mundine and others - and you have what they achieved in 1996 - squat. Plus, half the SL comp was made up in the last 3 years- Hunter Mariners FFS.

Knights beat Manly in what must be the best GF in the last 20 years. Their performance saved RL in Australia that day.

How much relevence has it got to Wicks drug case? Absolutely none.

mate news ltd saved the f**king game and has expanded the game...think north qld, auckland and melbourne.. get your head out of the sand for once

FMD - someone just made markieboy look like a rhodes scholar. Next thing you'll be saying is that Greg Inglis was born and raised in Bundaberg.....

Loudstrat

Coach
^That's cute and all, but the fact of the matter is Brisbane put one of the greatest club sides of all time on the park in 1997, and would of beat every ARL club by 50 points.

Then why did they f*ck off and pick their own opponents in their own comp, stack their own squad, get the coach to teach the referees the rules, played the GF at home and struggled to beat pissant Cronulla :lol::lol:

Funny that Newcastle was the ONE club that Brisbane needed in SL for it to gain any strength and cred.

^blah blah f*ckin blah old man. Without Super League Parramatta would never of made a finals series since 86. It served you well...no scratch that, it SAVED you. Stop bitchin you ungrateful prick.

pissant cronulla?

i think we were the best defensive side across both comps that year.

superleague had the best team. collective strenght probably arl edges it out.

they won. end of story. legit comp. you can only beat who's infront of you.

OVP

Coach
The ARL were struggling big time in 1997. Just how much were they struggling? In a 12 team comp they had a finals system that had 7 teams.

Then how come your sh*t comp got butchered in the ratings ? No-one and i mean No-one watched it. Little ugly frogface came crawling back to Arko looking for a peace deal. We should have wrung your necks then and there.

gerg

Juniors
lol nice bait.

this will be good for the faider's fans.

I rate it 10/10. Couldn't give a f**k what anyone else on here thinks about it :lol:

I'm a Raiders fan and TBH who gives a sh*t about 97. Some of you whiners should be out playing in traffic instead of on the computer.

Loudstrat

Coach
^blah blah f*ckin blah old man. Without Super League Parramatta would never of made a finals series since 86. It served you well...no scratch that, it SAVED you. Stop bitchin you ungrateful prick.
:lol: the lunatics keep coming. BTW I'm glad Super League was the essential ingredient in Parra making the finals in 2009.............

pissant cronulla?

i think we were the best defensive side across both comps that year.

superleague had the best team. collective strenght probably arl edges it out.

they won. end of story. legit comp. you can only beat who's infront of you.
Especially if you make sure who is in front of you is sh*t. How hard did Hunter challenge your defence ffs?

Then how come your sh*t comp got butchered in the ratings ? No-one and i mean No-one watched it. Little ugly frogface came crawling back to Arko looking for a peace deal. We should have wrung your necks then and there.

Telle 'em like it is champ!

I also not the ARL test side won the WC, while the SL side got smashed by the Kiwis (which the ARL side put 40 on), and were below PNG in the world nines. PNG ffs! Group 3 would have towelled Traitor League! I remember Simon Gillies made their test side :lol:

Winning an in house comp for employees of a corporate giant, be it the IBM touch footy comp, Super League or Rio Tinto's darts night is hardly proof of world domination :lol:

Latest posts