What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pushing for new stadium in Campbelltown

andrew057

First Grade
Tigers eye new digs
IN what would be a major boost for the Wests Tigers, NRL boss David Gallop is lobbying the Federal and State governments for a new 40,000-seat stadium at Campbelltown. As part of soccer's bid for the 2022 World Cup, the rectangular venue has been earmarked for Blacktown. We're told Gallop has made serious progress with K Rudd and K Keneally to have the stadium built in Campbelltown instead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/becnbuzz-heady/story-e6freye0-1225852224279

Good work by Gallop, Bravo.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
So the Tigpies will be able to play 6 games a year at a brand new stadium? Awesome...

If it was closer in then other teams could've used it too. I don't understand why they're doing this unless the Tigpies move there permanently, which won't happen.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think Blacktown would be better...central-ish for Wests, Parra and Penrith to use. I'd love a local derby vs Penrith at a packed 40k Blacktown stadium. That said, any 35-40k stadium in the west would be a good thing IMO

mave

Coach
Why isn't Gallop pushing for some funding for the most dilapidated ground in the comp? The one north of the harbour?

Loudstrat

Coach
I think Blacktown would be better...central-ish for Wests, Parra and Penrith to use. I'd love a local derby vs Penrith at a packed 40k Blacktown stadium. That said, any 35-40k stadium in the west would be a good thing IMO

When would Parra use Blacktown?

Why isn't Gallop pushing for some funding for the most dilapidated ground in the comp? The one north of the harbour?

Probably because he hates Manly like the rest of us!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Geez, I would hope the Dogs negotiate to take 3-4 matches a year there as well. I can see it become a favorite venue for teams that play Canberra to take there games to.

Benji Magic

Juniors
I hope Blacktown goes ahead, I only live 10 mins drive from there, very strong league area. Would really serve it up to the new AFL team they have put out there that nobody cares about.

Goddo

Bench
Excellent news. Campbeltown makes much more sense than Blacktown for us. The plan is still for it to have a reduced capacity to 30k ish post world cup.

I really hope that the 15k seats they remove after the world cup can be taken to another ground, say Parra or CUA.

Needs to have orange and black seats though.

simostorm

Bench
build it in a central location and all clubs can use it.. so they dont have to play
outta those hack stadiums yous have up there.

magpie_man

Juniors
waste of money. the tigers are going to use it 6 times a year max. better to build one at liverpool so that the dogs and eels can use it too.

Ladmate

Bench
Sounds great. We can then not play at the SFS, 6-6 split! And I don't understand why the eels would use the stadium if it was somewhere else, I could see the dogs using it though.

adamkungl

Immortal
Imo should be at Liverpool and be both Dogs and Tigpies home ground, but still better than Blacktown. Neither Parra or Penrith would want to play at Blacktown on a regular basis.

Loudstrat

Coach
build it in a central location and all clubs can use it.. so they dont have to play
outta those hack stadiums yous have up there.
Where do you think ANZ stadium is you brainless twat?

Even Lidcome Oval is luxury compared to the sh*thole your mob have played in for years!

Imo should be at Liverpool and be both Dogs and Tigpies home ground, but still better than Blacktown. Neither Parra or Penrith would want to play at Blacktown on a regular basis.
Agree. Wests and Canterbury would use a ground at Liverpool - and it's a transport hub as well.

Parra Stadium is next to the Leagues club, as is Penrith. Big incentives not to move.

ozjet1

needs to be built next to a train station IMO? where exactly would a blacktown stadium be built? if part of the Blacktown Olympic precinct then it would be pointless as its a trek from either doonside or rooty hill.

then again, if Gallop is lobbying for Campbelltown to have the money quoted spent on it, then WT should play the bulk of its home games out of it. cant have the CEO of the comp lobbying govt and then only have it used for 6 weeks a year.

Loudstrat

Coach
Dunno where they would build one near Liverpool Station either. Campbelltown is next to one - possibly the closest ground to a through station in the comp.

Big problem is that Wests only play 4-6 games there.

I'm starting to wonder if Lidcombe is a good idea?