What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pushing for new stadium in Campbelltown

elbusto

Coach
Where do you think ANZ stadium is you brainless twat?

Even Lidcome Oval is luxury compared to the sh*thole your mob have played in for years!

Agree. Wests and Canterbury would use a ground at Liverpool - and it's a transport hub as well.

Parra Stadium is next to the Leagues club, as is Penrith. Big incentives not to move.
How dare you call Olympic Park a 'sh*thole'. Thats an insult to sh*tholes all round the planet. I went there to watch Storm v Rabbits some years ago. Once was enough.................

RedVee

First Grade
I'd be happy for Campbelltown. But I live there....

Anyway the Macarthur is a big soccer participant area and has been trying to get the Sydney Rovers to play (some) games at tOrana park. There are still those rumours about Balmains viability as a 50/50 partner in the JV as well, who is to say that WT will always be willing to have a JV with one partner more financial that the other?

Oh yeah, the Harliquins Union boys could bring their 200 supporters up the road a couple of times a year as well. (Joke).

Loudstrat

Coach
I guess we have to concede that any new stadium would have to cater for soccer as well. I have no problem with that - Parra Stadium was built for the 3 more sensible codes in mind.

Campbelltown, Blacktown, Fairfirled and Liverpool are all huge population centers with bugger all in the way of top class sporting facilities -although Fairfield is close to Parramatta. Wherever it is, it HAS to be close to a train station and parking, and only Campbelltown can accommodate that. Lidcome is handy to trains on the western, south western and bankstown lines, but it's little better for people living further out than Wenty or Liverpool than ANZ is.

I think Gallop is on the money here, and unless they decide to redevelop Blacktown Showground, Campbelltown is the way to go.

Gotta congratulate Gallop for going into bat for one of his clubs. I cannot recall any of the past bosses of the code lobbying the premier and PM to influence infrastructure on this scale for one of the games clubs. Well done chief! :clap::clap:

Goddo

Bench
I'd say the Tigers would shift their SFS games to Campbelltown and still play a couple of games at Leichart for heritage reasons. So probably 9-10 games a year at the proposed stadium. I hope if it gets built they have orange and black seats. Would look awesome.

On the Bulldogs, I'd like them to stay at ANZ for matches, bet get Belmore done up as a training/admin centre. They have made that joint their home, and we need a club presence there, or else we risk becoming second rate tenants.

Dogs Of War

Coach
On the Bulldogs, I'd like them to stay at ANZ for matches, bet get Belmore done up as a training/admin centre. They have made that joint their home, and we need a club presence there, or else we risk becoming second rate tenants.

2 or 3 matches a year played out that way wouldn't hurt. It helps the Bulldogs build there supporter base, and we have plenty out that way. Matches against teams like Penrith, West Tigers and Raiders would probably go down a treat out that way.

JT_

Juniors
I live in Campbelltown and i reckon a stadium of that capacity would be great for us. We don't really rate our current ground at all, if it was an all seater we'd get more of the older fans and families attending. We often sell out games out here but we'd get even more people if the stadium catered for it.

waste of money. the tigers are going to use it 6 times a year max. better to build one at liverpool so that the dogs and eels can use it too.

I was born in Balmain and Leichardt Oval is my favourite ground in the world but if this is built we would be nuts not to play at least 10 home games there a season with 2 highly promoted back to Leichardt games each year.

Benji Magic

Juniors
needs to be built next to a train station IMO? where exactly would a blacktown stadium be built? if part of the Blacktown Olympic precinct then it would be pointless as its a trek from either doonside or rooty hill.

then again, if Gallop is lobbying for Campbelltown to have the money quoted spent on it, then WT should play the bulk of its home games out of it. cant have the CEO of the coimp lobbying govt and then only have it used for 6 weeks a year.

The train line runs right behind the Blacktown Olympic Park. They would have to build a new station, which could easily be done.

gallagher

Juniors
I was born in Balmain and Leichardt Oval is my favourite ground in the world but if this is built we would be nuts not to play at least 10 home games there a season with 2 highly promoted back to Leichardt games each year.
That would makes sense wouldnt it. Lets see if Balmain and Wests can put the Weststigers interests first.

Loudstrat

Coach
As opposed to the last govt, which would have built it, given it to George Bush and used it to invade obscure countries without weapons of mass destruction!

Eels Dude

Coach
On the positive the Wests Tigers are the only Sydney club who shall draw anything to close to 30k on a regular basis if they're winning.... on the negative putting a new stadium in Campbeltown is a complete waste as it's so far out from everywhere else and will struggle to attract other clubs to play there, or other Sydney based sports teams also.

Bulldog Force

Referee
So the Tigpies will be able to play 6 games a year at a brand new stadium? Awesome...

If it was closer in then other teams could've used it too. I don't understand why they're doing this unless the Tigpies move there permanently, which won't happen.
Beats building a brand new stadium for the Victorians to play at...

Latest posts