What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL, Aerial Pingpong and Cross-country netball

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Judd's the highest paid, on about $750,000.

Next year the 2 highest paid players will probably be playing in the VFL (second division)

They really are shooting themselves in the foot, imo.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Judd's the highest paid, on about $750,000.

Next year the 2 highest paid players will probably be playing in the VFL (second division)

They really are shooting themselves in the foot, imo.

How crazy is that, imaging how the other players feel, they are killing off any types of loyalty, player will all want this type of coin.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
You're preaching to us about loyalty? Please spare me.

Loyalty is playing for the same club as a junior all the way through to the senior grades. That can never happen in fumbleball because of how their game is structured, which is unfortunate as the players are missing out on learning something important.

Aegil

Juniors
Wow. 24 replies. about one half a reply that actually attempts to answer my questions. That being why RL fans just love to hate another sport?

Is it really just petty insecurities? Or does the more vocal of the NRL feral's that seem to clog up these forums just have the mental abilities or a 2 year old? The BF forums have a few of the same type, but no where near the number in % terms that this forum has. i.e every second poster on here has some form of signature that takes a dig at the AFL. never seen anything like that on BF.

Last edited:

AuckMel

Bench
Loyalty is playing for the same club as a junior all the way through to the senior grades. That can never happen in fumbleball because of how their game is structured, which is unfortunate as the players are missing out on learning something important.

Actually, that's not quite right, although I can see what you're saying.

The way it is structured allows you to go from U10's to Senior Footy, and then on to elite level. What you do miss out on is, not being able to play for the club you cheer for at the elite level unless you get lucky.

AuckMel

Bench
Wow. 24 replies. about one half a reply that actually attempts to answer my questions. That being why RL fans just love to hate another sport?

Is it really just petty insecurities?

I've suggested this before on Big Footy and I'll throw it out here too.

Do you think it might have anything to do with the fact that, they genuinely just don't like the game and it actually has nothing to do with any insecurities at all?

Is that at all possible or a completely absurd suggestion?

elbusto

Coach

Is it really just petty insecurities? Or does the more vocal of the NRL feral's that seem to clog up these forums just have the mental abilities or a 2 year old? The BF forums have a few of the same type, but no where near the number in % terms that this forum has. i.e every second poster on here has some form of signature that takes a dig at the AFL. never seen anything like that on BF.
Bull sh*t - Big Poofy is full of loonies who hate League. Get your hand off it mate.

Last edited:

Aegil

Juniors
No doubt that there are some. But the level of "hate" is no where near the same. Most don't give a stuff about NRL.

There are people on this forums bragging that they change channels and don't switch back when an AFL ad comes on. I mean, seriously...

... and what inspires someone to make there signature something about hating on AFL?

Let me explain it to you...in simple terms..
To people who grew up in RL states ...that is what they follow.
People who grew up in AFL states that is what they follow.

A few will watch the other sport & will like it ,but most think the other sport is boring ,a fumbleathon,too structered ...etc.

The problem is the over the top supporters of AFL who think the following crap is true.

Our game is a national game ...wrong.Over half the population dont like it.
our game is the indigenous game...wrong(you even have loons calling RL or soccer fans UN AUSTRALIAN for not following it).
Our game is taking over the world..Wrong..not ONE professional comp outside OZ.
You only have to watch ONE game live & you are hooked for life...YER right.
If you build an AFL stadium....people will flock to it.Buid it they will come...
Our games players are no where near as badly behaved as NRL players...WRONG.

Most AFL fans seem to get their info from BF or a very biased media...& have no idea about the world outside Victoria,they are experts on the sporting landscape in QLD but have never been here.

We have had AFL teams in NSW & QLd for about 30 yrs & apart from a few converts it is still mainly expats who attend or watch(ratings are appalling),yet we constantly have the product shoved down our throats when most are not interested in it.

The majority of people in QLD & NSW are not interested ,& the more we hear about TAKING OVER etc the more we resent ...
Show me where the NRL carried on like that when the Storm started in MEL.
One code is ARROGANT,PUSHY,OVER THE TOP..& that pisses people off very very quickly.

On this site we have had a few threads about 10-12 about Izzy & the AFL(some started by trolls),& suddenly RL is dying,we are scared ,we are insecure...yet on Big Footy there is NINE pages...Yes PAGES.of anti Soccer (W/C) rants ,ravings etc.
Who is insecure & threatened?
It is the high & mighty attitude of deluded AFL fans (& there are alot of them)that don't help the situation.

Last edited:

Highlander

Juniors
Any chance that I had of ever watching AFL is totally out the door, the signing of Folau isnt about him playing the sport, its more a PR stunt... Bad enough when an elite NRL players switch to RU..

Folau may not even play the sport at the top level, that's what angers me, such a talented NRL player who may not cut it at thier elite level.

And most NRL people I know, feel the same... It's has from my opinion created more angst against AFL..

HERE HERE i USED to follow the Western Bulldogs as they were the arch enemy of the swans(i hate the swans)in the late 1990s and didnt mind it even played a few games to help a mates team out on days that didnt conflict with playing league.
But after these defections and the Attitude of the AFL at large has turned me of the game for good i will never watch a game again.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
So you hate Australian football
He loves Australian football, he just dislikes fumbleball.

Can't blame him at all. If I had to live in the deep south, surrounded by insular Vics who do nothing but trash other sports all day I wouldn't like it either.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
You can go back as far as 2000 on bigfooty and see the hate they have for RL, it esp comes out when the RLWC was on.

And the reason for so much hate on LU and the reason there is a fight club might have something to do with certain AFL trolls who done their best when LU started rocking to ruin any thread in all sections of the board.

Hello BeAussie, Hoops and Co.

Aegil

Juniors
So you hate Australian football because you grew up in NSW, and because the AFL is starting clubs in your hometown?

I can't see how that is reason at all tbh.

And looking at your signature, it seems to me you're more interested in showing your hate for AFL more than your passion for NRL. Doesn't say much for your preferred choice of footballing sports.

Stronzo

Juniors
So what do you call changing codes?

cupid

Juniors
I've tried watching it but it's not my taste I guess, I find it very boring. Too many stoppages, and it also pisses me off when I see them fumble the ball around the ground for a few minutes, looking like a bunch of birds fighting for a chip or something.

Billy2Slater

Juniors
He loves Australian football, he just dislikes fumbleball.

Can't blame him at all. If I had to live in the deep south, surrounded by insular Vics who do nothing but trash other sports all day I wouldn't like it either.

Since when is a English Rugby code Australian Football? I know you dislike the Australian game but don't pretend a rugby variant made by Poms is Australian Footy. LMAO