What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wake up to yourselves

BDH

Juniors
Na mate that would be you,a babe wrapped in the pages of News LTD spin.

Even though your incoherent, possibly alcohol fueled ramblings make sense to you, they don't make sense to myself.

After 5 or 6 posts, you haven't said a single thing which is relevant to the topic of the thread.

Well done.

Didgi

I'm sorry, I didn't realise this site's mentaility was

"Drive all deh fanz away!!1! NO MOAR scummy melburne cheetz!!~"

Can just one of you answer me this question:

What do you see that is good in abusing Melbourne Storm fans outside of a game day environment (or inside, see 8yrold boy thread), with the potential implications of driving these fans away from the game? What is good about having less fans of rugby league?

matt

Juniors
Even though your incoherent, possibly alcohol fueled ramblings make sense to you, they don't make sense to myself.

After 5 or 6 posts, you haven't said a single thing which is relevant to the topic of the thread.

Well done.

Why respond then pecker? I know when i see something that you described ,I just ignore it.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
The Storm officials cheated. Not the players (innocent until proven guilty and if you don't like that, f**k off to China), not the coach,
But the players and the coach were the DIRECT BENEFICIARIES of the Storm's cheating. They benefited from additional illegal income (or illegal goods in kind like Inglis' boat or Cam Smith's kitchen), they benefited from the experience of illegally winning premierships, and they benefited from a period of illegally obtained positive reputations.

It is very right imo that fans of all clubs stick it to the Storm players and coach at every opportunity when they appear to play, still illegal until players are shed for next season.

If some Storm fans wish to stick up for the players who were the direct beneficiaries of their club's cheating, and get upset on internet forums when other fans tell it like it is, then that is their choice. But they can't have it both ways.

If it happened to my club, I'd blame the officials, and I also wouldn't support the arrogance of the coach and players while they play the victim card in all this, and refuse to admit the penalties given by the league are ENTIRELY FAIR.

BDH

Juniors
Why respond then pecker? I know when i see something that you described ,I just ignore it.

Edit; was going to ask Matt what he was attempting to type, however he edited his post in time.

The reason I respond Matt, is because this is how forums usually work;

1. Poster posts thread involving thought/question/observation.
2. Other posters respond with their opinions/suggestions/beliefs, relevant to the topic being discussed.

I bolded the part you failed at.

BDH

Juniors
But the players and the coach were the DIRECT BENEFICIARIES of the Storm's cheating. They benefited from additional illegal income (or illegal goods in kind like Inglis' boat or Cam Smith's kitchen), they benefited from the experience of illegally winning premierships, and they benefited from a period of illegally obtained positive reputations.

It is very right imo that fans of all clubs stick it to the Storm players and coach at every opportunity when they appear to play, still illegal until players are shed for next season.

If some Storm fans wish to stick up for the players who were the direct beneficiaries of their club's cheating, and get upset on internet forums when other fans tell it like it is, then that is their choice. But they can't have it both ways.

If it happened to my club, I'd blame the officials, and I also wouldn't support the arrogance of the coach and players while they play the victim card in all this, and refuse to admit the penalties given by the league are ENTIRELY FAIR.

I believe that a good majority of Storm fans I have encountered (both personally and on the internet) openly admit that their club cheated and whilst they may be frustrated with the punishments, they all agree that punishments had to be handed down.

Some call foul and use scapegoats (NRL salary caps, et al.) and to these fans I have no problem with other club's fans letting them have it.

Bartman, when you say that "if it was your club you wouldn't support the arrogance", do you mean you would cease supporting the club for a period of time or indefinitely? Or do you mean you wouldn't defend the club, which would tie in with what I said above? I hope, for the good of NRL, that Storm fans don't cease supporting the club.

I feel the important thing to remember is that the players and the fans didn't choose to keep playing as an illegal team....the NRL chose that for them. It hasn't been up to the players. The only option the players would have, would be to forfeit, and none of us want to see that, in fact, if Storm did do that they would be dragged through the media even more.

All I'm trying to say in this thread is; why are people giving the stick to the Storm fans? They didn't cheat. It's akin to calling Parramatta fans "headbutting divers", because of Hayne's on-field indiscretions.

I have not really bothered replying to a lot of these threads as they have lost their objective but this one hits the nail on the head.

The essence of the issue of Storm being over the cap has been lost in the general resentment towards the club...this aspect is understandable but the discussion about the real issues has been reduced to nothing but sniping and trolling.

Mickyd39

Juniors
After reading all the Parra vs Storm threads which were a result of a great game of football (I am a neutral supporter), I think it's time to say some home truths.

Every single Eels, Dragons or other "fan" who came out last night and said pathetic verbal-diarrhea (e.g. "storm fans look at yourselves you cheats" and other slanders) the time is now for you to WAKE THE f**k UP TO YOURSELVES!

The Storm officials cheated. Not the players (innocent until proven guilty and if you don't like that, f**k off to China), not the coach, AND ESPECIALLY NOT THE FANS.

The Storm fans have been decimated with what is easily the worst possible thing that could have happened to their beloved team.These Storm fans have done nothing more than LOVE THEIR FOOTY CLUB. Something that we all do and something which is the cornerstone of Rugby League.

You pathetic losers, who come on an internet forum, talk sh*t (because we all know the reality is very, very few of you would talk this sh*t face to face with Storm fans) and give it to Storm fans at every opportunity, smack of desperation.

Storm fans are VITAL to the rebuilding of the club, and the club is VITAL to the competition. By all means give people sh*t about how useless their club is, but to constantly bleat about something which has crushed most Storm fans is a dog act. They know their club cheated.....out of all of us NRL fans, they know the most.

Get a new insult.

F*CK YOU

Who do you think you are telling people what that should and shouldn't do.

Last time i checked there is something in this country called freedom of speech.

If a fan from one club wants to give sh*t to a storm fan about their club cheating for the last 5 years, thats their right, be it at a game or in forums.

So how about you come down from your soap box BDH and give someone else turn.

Oh i forgot, F*ck the Storm.

Last edited by a moderator:

bartman

Immortal
I believe that a good majority of Storm fans I have encountered (both personally and on the internet) openly admit that their club cheated and whilst they may be frustrated with the punishments, they all agree that punishments had to be handed down.

Some call foul and use scapegoats (NRL salary caps, et al.) and to these fans I have no problem with other club's fans letting them have it.
Cool, I haven't seen any one (here or in real life/last night) give it to a Storm fan for just being a regular fan (without the conspiracy theories or chip on the shoulder.

Bartman, when you say that "if it was your club you wouldn't support the arrogance", do you mean you would cease supporting the club for a period of time or indefinitely? Or do you mean you wouldn't defend the club, which would tie in with what I said above? I hope, for the good of NRL, that Storm fans don't cease supporting the club.
Pretty much both. If my club was caught cheating in this way and carried on like the Storm Directors have, and the Storm Coach and Players (and their arrogance little So You Think You Can Dance choreographed walk across their ground to the press conference) have, then I personally would cease supporting them until some significant change (change of Board, change of Coach/player roster) had taken place. But if they were more humble about accepting their punishment, then as a fan I would stick around.

I feel the important thing to remember is that the players and the fans didn't choose to keep playing as an illegal team....the NRL chose that for them. It hasn't been up to the players. The only option the players would have, would be to forfeit, and none of us want to see that, in fact, if Storm did do that they would be dragged through the media even more.
The players could make the choice to be a lot less arrogant, and to stop blaming the NRL and the penalty for the mess they are in. They should start blaming their bosses, blaming their managers, and blaming each other, and they might get a bit closer to the source of the problem. Cam Smith is the prime example of the arrogant victim mentality in action, that perpetuates the ill feeling toward the Storm club.

All I'm trying to say in this thread is; why are people giving the stick to the Storm fans? They didn't cheat. It's akin to calling Parramatta fans "headbutting divers", because of Hayne's on-field indiscretions.
Fair point. As I've said I haven't seen Storm fans copping stick here or anywhere, unless they are playing the victim on the internet and quite frankly, asking for the responses that they get.

BDH

Juniors
(and their arrogance little So You Think You Can Dance choreographed walk across their ground to the press conference

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you!! Considering I had to work tonight, that has made my night!!!

Funniest thing I have heard all day, so much better than reading trolls posting "f**k you because...f**k you" in threads.

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
This thread really shows the intelligence of these Storm haters. Proof in the fact that the first few replies were 'f**k the Storm'...

To me those 'fans' with criticism of the Storm in their avatars and signatures or whatever, seem to care more about hating the Storm than supporting their own team. In fact it seems a lot of them just follow Rugby League just to complain and whinge about everything.

WireMan

Bench
What is it that makes rugby fans from Sydney into cry babies?

Every other thread is crying about Melbourne, crying about the nasty AFL taking players, crying about the AFL doing anything infact, crying about a world cup bid that may never happen disrupting the season.

Cry, cry, cry, cry, cry.

Now a whole whopping 7000 fans in the centre of the rugby world turn up to insult women and children? Nice one. Well done, the game is on solid ground there.

Oh yeah, f*ck the storm... :roll:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
The problem is in that post you failed to recognise the intent of my post. The Storm FANS are the ones copping pathetic taunts from other club's fans.

Fan's didn't know of salary cap cheats. All they knew is they were supporting the team the rest of us were in awe of.

Yeah right so no one suspected it given there roster (I had been saying it for years), anyone with half a brain suspected it they just didn't have proof until a few months back.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Are we talking about the same storm fans who would taunt and lay the boot into opposition fans because of the storms appartent superiority via systemic cheating?

Meh karma and all that, enjoy the good times and enjoy the bad.

:clap:

bartman

Immortal
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you!! Considering I had to work tonight, that has made my night!!!

Funniest thing I have heard all day, so much better than reading trolls posting "f**k you because...f**k you" in threads.
If I had the video skills, I'd cut the footage of that "walk" with the sound of the SYTYCD ad... reckon it would be good for a laugh :lol:.

bartman

Immortal
Now a whole whopping 7000 fans in the centre of the rugby world turn up to insult women and children? Nice one. Well done, the game is on solid ground there.
C'mon, Billy and co may well be cats and wankers, but that doesn't mean their masculinity should come into question ;-).

Good and bad in every teams fan base. For every level headed Storm fan that is looking forward to the rebuilding/redemption of 2011, there is a simostorm making ridiculous statements, shifting blame and trying smoke and mirror trickery instead of facing the truth.

I can only speak for myself but it is those types that continue to feed the ill feeling.