What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst player on $350K or more ever?

BrisVegas

Juniors
Joe Galuvao's contract with South Sydney, signed in the pre-Crowe era when he was their marque signing after all other players on the market brushed them off.

His contract was so absurd that Crowe attempted to convince him to retire and join the church ministrey, and when that failed Souths' decided to not only drop him to reserves, but forced him to fly up to QLD every week to play for Brisbane Easts in an attempt to force his resignation.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/galuvao-told-quit-for-god/story-e6frexqr-1111113783162

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frexq0-1225743697168

macavity

Referee
would take Asotasi or Poore on 350k in a heartbeat... but that is within the context of the Knights being absolutely desperate for a top prop.

Loudstrat

Coach
Who is the worst player on $350K or more to ever grace a football paddock?

For mine its Carl Webb by a country mile, you could count the number of good games he has played in 3 seasons of his latest contract on one badly deformed hand.

As bad as his was in 2008/2009, he has reserved some special sh*t for 2010, after getting belted by a guy who works a deep fat frier at Smorgies in another Mundine circus bout, he seems to have actually gotten worse as Rugby League player.

He can always be relied on for a game-changing mistake or penalty, and then will "make up" for it with 6 runs and 12 tackles with his fitness close to Rugby Union standards.

If he was on NRL minimum he would be grossly overpaid, but for someone on $350K+ I rate him as all time worst.

And if you only saw Parra games you'd swear Webb was Dally M POTY. He always fires up against us!!!!

In the $300k category - Fitzy's signing of Nathan Barnes is right up there. $300k to take passes off Dymock in a yawning gap - and get tackled after running 10 paces.

But over $350k? Tessessa Lavea - played first grade for Melbourne - therefore must have been on over $350k if you include his Harvey Norman expense account, his home renovations, his boat, his Ferrari, his free caravan, plus $50k in accounting fees to hide it from the ATO and Schoey....

Eels Dude

Coach
Souths would have forked out some big dosh for players that were never worth it. Joe G, Shannon Hegarty, Adam Muir and Chris Walker all come to mind. Ben Ross for Cronulla was another waste, as was Adam Dykes at Parramatta. More recently Antonio Kaufusi and Webb for the Cowboys, Tupou at Cronulla.

I'm sure the Tigers had some absolute shockers in the early years of the merger. McCracken would've been on a huge contract, and only played 8 games (although that had nothing to do with his ability). How much did the Tigers pay Nick Graham?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm sure the Tigers had some absolute shockers in the early years of the merger. McCracken would've been on a huge contract, and only played 8 games (although that had nothing to do with his ability). How much did the Tigers pay Nick Graham?

Worse value for money this year is Price. 450K no games played.

Worst player on fat pay cheque - Kaufusi or McKinnon for mine then Webb.

I think people are being harsh on Tupou.

Latest posts