What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Slackboy72

Coach
dominationnightingale.jpg

n r l f a n

Juniors
first roosters 'try' wasnt a try.

roosters fans are so cut up bahahaha

3 grand final losses in a row....chokers tag coming your way

TheRev

First Grade
Sorry. Did I miss something? Yeah Morris put his foot on the line. But the biggest clanger of the match was awarding the Roos$ters first try.

What other calls are people upset about?

Precisely, neither of the Roosters tries should have been allowed, but I wasnt blowing up because the mistakes were kind of understandable, i.e. I understood why the ref made the decision he did.. and when we went in behind at half-time, I knew it was because of our dropped ball, regardless of the ref mistakes.

As for the 2nd half, they were all legit tries, the Roosters got nervous and kept giving us teh ball back, we didnt really play that well, but thats the pressure of a grand-final, teams play ugly.

steela

Juniors
the first 2 trys shouldn't have happened, those saying the refs won it for the dragons somehow didn't see the bad calls going the other way.

refs had a shocker, better team still won however

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Precisely, neither of the Roosters tries should have been allowed, but I wasnt blowing up because the mistakes were kind of understandable, i.e. I understood why the ref made the decision he did.. and when we went in behind at half-time, I knew it was because of our dropped ball, regardless of the ref mistakes.

As for the 2nd half, they were all legit tries, the Roosters got nervous and kept giving us teh ball back, we didnt really play that well, but thats the pressure of a grand-final, teams play ugly.

What was wrong with Aubussons try?? As for the first try under the rules it should have actually been a penalty try because it is illegal to prevent a try with your foot

18to87

First Grade
Hahaha this is hilarious - all the Dragons hate - love it.

The better team won and deserved to win. The refs were crap for both sides.

Start worrying about how to beat Saints and probably the Broncos next season.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
the first 2 trys shouldn't have happened, those saying the refs won it for the dragons somehow didn't see the bad calls going the other way.

refs had a shocker, better team still won however

1 unlawful try to the Roosters. 3 to the Dragons.

1 wrongfully disallowed try for the Roosters. 0 to the Dragons.

Do the math

No different to 2009 or 2007, put an asterisk next to it

Probably the only team in history that I know of that relies on penalties & dud opposition calls to win games

Red Bear

Referee
How the f**k did they miss Brett Morris going out? That's just appaling from the touchie. Apalling.

Other than that I felt the Dragons got the rub of the green, although winning like they did takes away a bit of that. Dean Youngs try was maybe fortunate. Perrett could've easily gotten a penalty when he was pushed without the ball, dragons scored off the next set off the drop out from memory. I thought Anasta was stripped in a two man tackle which wasnt given, before the Drags got a penalty infront of the sticks.

Deserved the win being the best side all year, but frustrating to have so many sh*tty decisions across the day.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Hahaha this is hilarious - all the Dragons hate - love it.

The better team won and deserved to win. The refs were crap for both sides.

Start worrying about how to beat Saints and probably the Broncos next season.

You mean the Refs and the Broncos, surely.

Because today you didn't win sh*t. You might have won it fair and square, we'll never know.

Victory will go down as a farce. Worst grand final refereeing in the history of the NRL. Without question

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
first roosters 'try' wasnt a try.
It was more legit then most of the Dragon's tries.
The guy was reaching out for a try, Soward pretty much stripped it, play on, Anasta got there first.

It's like 1 on 1 strips in the field of play, if the defender strips it the team that had the ball can come through and pick it up and play on.

I hate both teams but the Roosters were definitely robbed by some very poor decisions.
As for the Dragons being the better team, that was only after they got that lead and could relax, the Roosters were then playing catch up footy in the wet.
Before the Dragons got their lead and some more dodgy calls it was anyone's game.

Although, I think if Perret didn't tackle Morris in the air the whole game could've been different. Morris was dropping the ball before Perret hit him, the Roosters would've had the ball in a good spot and if they scored they would've got momentum, who knows what happens then?
Instead he did something dumb and a minute later the Dragons get another dodgy call go their way when Morris pushed Perret, they scored straight after. Those couple of minutes had a massive impact on the game.

skeepe

Immortal
What a ridiculous thread started by an absolute moron.

The best team won, the refereeing was atrocious both ways, end of story.

What a bunch of f**king whingers.

aussie7798

First Grade
1 unlawful try to the Roosters. 3 to the Dragons.

1 wrongfully disallowed try for the Roosters. 0 to the Dragons.

Do the math

First 2 tries should not have been tries

young try should have and was BoD

not sure where your third dragons unlawful was and the carney forward pass looked forward from every angle except the top view