What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

aussie7798

First Grade
It was more legit then most of the Dragon's tries.
The guy was reaching out for a try, Soward pretty much stripped it, play on, Anasta got there first.

It's like 1 on 1 strips in the field of play, if the defender strips it the team that had the ball can come through and pick it up and play on.

I hate both teams but the Roosters were definitely robbed by some very poor decisions.
As for the Dragons being the better team, that was only after they got that lead and could relax, the Roosters were then playing catch up footy in the wet.
Before the Dragons got their lead and some more dodgy calls it was anyone's game.

Although, I think if Perret didn't tackle Morris in the air the whole game could've been different. Morris was dropping the ball before Perret hit him, the Roosters would've had the ball in a good spot and if they scored they would've got momentum, who knows what happens then?
Instead he did something dumb and a minute later the Dragons get another dodgy call go their way when Morris pushed Perret, they scored straight after. Those couple of minutes had a massive impact on the game.

Are you honestly saying that soward stripped the ball with his thigh

Walt Flanigan

Referee
No one except Drageelers fans would have enjoyed that match.

Don't get me wrong, the better team won but............

That game was as boring as batsh*t.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Are you honestly saying that soward stripped the ball with his thigh
Yes, and it's obvious when you watch it.
He was using his hands at the time and the ball was moved to an area near his leg, so he pushed his leg forward to dislodge it.
If you watch the slow-mo you can clearly see him pushing his leg towards the ball, it just so happened that it was his thigh that had the most connection with it.

It is very common to see defenders push their legs in front of where the ball is going when over the tryline, to stop it being grounded. IMO that is what Soward was trying to do, but his leg was in such a position that he was actually able to dislodge the ball.

The Roosters player wasn't going to drop the ball until Soward's leg got in there pushing it out.

Put it this way, if Anasta doesn't get to it, it would've been a drop out from the Dragons.

It sure was, it was one of the most boring GFs I've seen, and was ruined by poor effing reffing.

Last edited:

SET2JT

Juniors

So its boring because the other team couldn't compete with us in the 2nd half? We have been called a boring team cause we don't score many points. 32 not enough in a grand final?

beave

Coach
i thought it was play on, Soward clearly tried to dislodge it with his leg/thigh/ whatever. Play on, Anasta got there first, try for mine. Why is his thigh any different to using his hands or feet???

20knights10

Juniors
Funny how those trying to claim the refereeing was equally bad cling to that try as being an example of it. It would've been called a travesty of justice if it wasn't awarded by any attacking team's supporters and most opposition supporters would've agreed.

Oh and I'm so sorry dickwad, I didn't realise you had an iPhone and so your life is complete. I guess there were no other supporters celebrating on the train so you had an abundance of time to type away and let all the poor people in here know how wonderful you were feeling.......

Steve Austin

Juniors
No arguments the Dragons have been the most consistent over the last couple of years, but they were given an absolute rails run by the officialdom last week against the Tigers and today.

Whist I agree the Storm were an 'illegal' team and can't be brought into the equation, the fact remains some of the best players in our game (Slater, Smith, Inglis, Kronk, Blair, White, Hoffman....) were unable to compete in 2010.

Enjoy the 'Claytons' being served at Kogarah tonight fellas. ;-)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
No arguments the Dragons have been the most consistent over the last couple of years, but they were given an absolute rails run by the officialdom last week against the Tigers and today.

Whist I agree the Storm were an 'illegal' team and can't be brought into the equation, the fact remains some of the best players in our game (Slater, Smith, Inglis, Kronk, Blair, White, Hoffman....) were unable to compete in 2010.

Enjoy the 'Claytons' being served at Kogarah tonight fellas. ;-)

100%

This years premiers should always have an asterix next to it's name.

Big Pete

Referee
Okay Tonearm so Leilua didn't actually propel the ball forward in the first half? Perrett didn't dislodge the ball illegally against Creagh and Leilua didn't knock on for the first try?

Also struggle? Dude you were the one gibbering about beating a corporation.

Tough luck on the loss though, couldn't imagine what you Chooky fans are going through right now.

***MH***

Bench
braille.jpg

n r l f a n

Juniors
It was more legit then most of the Dragon's tries.
The guy was reaching out for a try, Soward pretty much stripped it, play on, Anasta got there first.

It's like 1 on 1 strips in the field of play, if the defender strips it the team that had the ball can come through and pick it up and play on.

I hate both teams but the Roosters were definitely robbed by some very poor decisions.
As for the Dragons being the better team, that was only after they got that lead and could relax, the Roosters were then playing catch up footy in the wet.
Before the Dragons got their lead and some more dodgy calls it was anyone's game.

Although, I think if Perret didn't tackle Morris in the air the whole game could've been different. Morris was dropping the ball before Perret hit him, the Roosters would've had the ball in a good spot and if they scored they would've got momentum, who knows what happens then?
Instead he did something dumb and a minute later the Dragons get another dodgy call go their way when Morris pushed Perret, they scored straight after. Those couple of minutes had a massive impact on the game.

i lovehow you hate that dragons won and won fair n square:D

aussie7798

First Grade
Full list of calls from the first half against dragons for you rugbymoron
and tonearm

1 Lelua knock on 9th minute

2 Knock on ruled against dragons (costigan) no knock on 14th minute

3 Roosters try worst decision of the game without doubt 15th minute.

4 Anasta offside at play the ball tackles young before dragons lose ball on next tackle roosters score this set. 18th minute

5 Daniel Conn takes Weyman out of the game should have been sent off 30th minute (dragons best prop plays only about 15minutes total)

6 Knock on ruled against ben creagh after roosters player not on flops in but also punches the ball out 34th minute

Thats just the first half cant be bothered doing the rest but thats enough to show that the refs where not giving all the desicions to the dragons.

On the 7 penalties given for the match

only 1 was given in the ruck a early holding down penalty against the roosters
only 1 for a offside defensive line following the the dragons charge down and break when the whole roosters side was offside
the other 5 where all forced penalties for high shots and illegal tackles
as predicted the refs did not call regulation penalties for holding down, offside markers or offside defenders.

n r l f a n

Juniors
dragons had 3 times as many errors as roosters in the first half...they were just completely incapable of capitalising

Dragons will forever be the 2010 premiers and roosters have lost 4 grand finals this short century

Walt Flanigan

Referee
5 Daniel Conn takes Weyman out of the game should have been sent off 30th minute (dragons best prop plays only about 15minutes total)

:lol: That was the softest high tackle penalty ever seen in the game.

You crushed whatever point you were making with this one comment alone.

BLKOUT!

Juniors

AHAHAHAHA are you serious? A send off for that??

hellteam

First Grade
Just had a look at that first Roosters try again.. WHAT???!?!? How can anyone say that is a try. He CLEARLY put the ball down on Soward's knee.

Look, I know it was a tough day for you Roosters fans but to pretty much blame the loss on the ref, you are kidding yourself because you got the benefit of one of the worst video ref decisions I've ever seen.

Latest posts