What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 2 | Fri | Tigers 20-22 Warriors | SFS

FW2: WST v WAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iafeta

Referee
lol @ the Tigers hate, doesnt take much to get a moronic bandwagon going on this website.

Very good result for the Warriors and they played well in the second half, forwards were excellent, Johnson and Maloney very good. They have a very good side at present and whilst I thought they were a year of seriously challenging it's great to see them playing good football. There's alot to criticize about Cleary but he's done a good job getting them playing a team orientated brand of football.

As for the Tigers, Sheens bench selection cost them tonight. They were only rotating through two forwards on the bench for most of the night after Gibbs went down injured, and it caught up with them in the end. You could see the fatigue in the way they were playing. Dissapointed in their loss because I've been backing them to win the comp (hopefully the Warriors win now), especially because the quality of football they play is just so good at its best. But thems the breaks, they'll challenge again next year.

Hopefully tomorrow nights match is as good a game of football.

He's an excellent coach for mine, and I think working with Phil Gould will do him wonders. I think some of the criticism has been arond the fact that he just hasn't had that "X factor" player in key positions, but he's starting to get that with the youth and enthusiasm of Kevin Locke and Shaun Johnson, plus obviously James Maloney playing an excellent brand of football.

I think when all is said and done, whether the Warriors get rolled next week or not, the fact that the club has three teams competing next week (first grade, premier league and NYC) is a fantastic statement of how much this club has turned around under Ivan Cleary, Wayne Scurrah, John Hart, John Ackland and Tony Iro. They have copped a lot of stick over the years but to me after so much promise its finally good to see the Warriors use the 'backyard' similar to Brisbane. I think there will be a lot of long term success off that, and I'm sure there were times when they themselves really questioned their faith in that particular backyard strategy, but in the long run it will be 100% right. Three teams in the finals next week is off the back of the club championship last year. The strategic vision is coming to fruition.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
After the last two matches the Warriors are going to need to focus on getting off to a good start. Can't be playing catch up football against Melbourne.

warriors really went to another level in the second half, what a team they are.

the kick chase, the ball running and support play really took off in the 2nd, the depseration showed.

I called it that these guys are dark horses weeks out from the finals. Very entertaining team to watch, they love to play their way and it shows.

Clifferd

Coach
This always happens when the Tigers go into the game as hot favourites...I prefer them being the underdogs :( oh well, still a fantastic year..9 wins in a row, not many teams can say that every year..disappointed to go out like that

BWNB

First Grade
People suggesting there was a conspiracy to get the Tigers into the GF, pull your heads in FFS. The refs had a shit game, it happens.

The refs tried their best... Look at all the calls they have received in the past few weeks

ceagle

Bench
The Warriors have to fix their marker defense if they want to have any shot of winning next week. Some of their players seemed to be just jogging back into position, Smith will just tear them apart if they do that.

The Warriors have to fix their marker defense if they want to have any shot of winning next week. Some of their players seemed to be just jogging back into position, Smith will just tear them apart if they do that.

Some of our forwards are lazy in defense. Packer and Mateo especially, they seem to have fitness issues.

mongoose

Coach
How strong was Inu in attack? he was a bit of a turnstyle in defence but he made some good attacking runs. What a bonus for the warriors to have him back and in form so quickly.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Storm don't scare me at all. Should be another close game, we need to get a half decent start for the first time in the finals though.

gronkathon

First Grade
Massive congrats to the Warriors.

They and the Dragons are pretty much the only teams I can stand left in the hunt for now

Jason Maher

Immortal
To those Tigers fans who have spent 12 months laying the boot into my team at every opportunity: suck shit you f**kwits! I particularly enjoyed the negative play going for the field goal just before halftime. Obviously gave the Warriors confidence like it did the Tigers last week (at least according to Farah).

To the majority who are not dickheads: chin up. I know full well what it feels like to lose a game like that. You support a good team, and if they can keep all their cattle on the park next year, they'll challenge again (might want to start playing a bit earlier in the season though).

p.s. Cheers for Moltzen. He really came good in the latter part of the season.

Rebel

First Grade
What a choke by the Tigpies. Irrelevant semi though. Neither team has a chance against the Storm.

Considering how on numerous occasions you claimed that the Warriors wouldnt make the 8, do you feel like a c**k right now?

Slackboy72

Coach
To those Tigers fans who have spent 12 months laying the boot into my team at every opportunity: suck shit you f**kwits! I particularly enjoyed the negative play going for the field goal just before halftime. Obviously gave the Warriors confidence like it did the Tigers last week (at least according to Farah).

To the majority who are not dickheads: chin up. I know full well what it feels like to lose a game like that. You support a good team, and if they can keep all their cattle on the park next year, they'll challenge again (might want to start playing a bit earlier in the season though).

p.s. Cheers for Moltzen. He really came good in the latter part of the season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...u-slams-referees/story-fn2mcuj6-1226078068985

He even went so far as to suggest NRL referees don't like giving him penalties, a remark which could potentially land him a please explain from the NRL.

"(Melbourne) all over the play-the-ball and get away with it," Farah said.

"I think refs hate giving me a penalty for markers being not square, I can't get one any more."

Mr Saab

Referee
Benji and Robbie really need to cop some from the media for not kickng on the 5th. DUMB FOOTBALL!!!!

Latest posts