What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney

cb4

First Grade
I will compare it, after most of the British players played more games than the Kiwi's and owned them. Hard.

42 games at 80 minutes is alot, despite the fact it may be dimmed by the majority.

They played more games, trained more, the difference was, England had a game plan, New Zealand didn't.

ParraFan09

Juniors
I for one think Kearney is a good coach, NZ didn't start going when Bennett got involved, they got better when Kearney was appointed head coach. Last year was his first year as a first grade head coach, and by far he had the worst roster in the NRL. And still we were competitive in almost every game, it's not his fault if NZ don't play well, England have been good all tournament and deserve to be in the final.

Next year is THE year mate. Get excited!

I recall hearing this back in 1987. :sarcasm: (and every year since)

People need to give Kearney a go.

Reflect on some of the rosters we have had over the years, that were worse than the team we sent around last year. We gave some of those coaches the benefit of the doubt.

This year, we were missing a knock out punch for many games - I am hoping that with a few more options in attack this year, what were either draws or losses this year, will become wins next year.

If our position does not improve after the competition is over, then I believe this thread needs to resurface.

Lets just hope that he has learnt a lot in the last 12 months & the difference will be obviouse for our team, from the outset.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bellamy is a lousy rep coach.

How could anyone know? NSW are overmatched by Queensland at nearly every position, and the key players for Qld have played together for many series' now.

The only areas where NSW matches the Maroons are at fullback (only if Hayne plays there) and the back-row.

On top of that, Queensland have several of the best players in the game - Slater, Inglis, Thurston, Smith, Thaiday. There are only three genuine stars eligible for the NSW team, and one is picked out of position (Hayne), another has never strung two full seasons together (Carney), and the third won game 2 by himself this year (Gallen).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They keep score.

You reckon he should have recruited better? :lol:

Rep teams are stuck with the players available; just a like a club coach in his first year at a club.

Nobody could win with the current Blues squad compared to the Maroons. Maybe we're a chance next year without Lockyer but Cronk will slot straight in and they'll still out-think us.

Things have gone in one direction since they left. Fact, not opinion.

Up-and-down isn't a direction. And things were like that long before Fitzgerald and co left the club.

Fact or opinion, I don't really give a shit. It's not like you can tell the difference anyway.