What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McNabb released

Monk

Referee
Only because Hanie is stinking it up big time. I don't know how the kid can go from performing okay in the Championship game, to stinking it up vs the Cheifs.

Big Tim

First Grade
McNabb has plenty to offer !!

He was pulled in favour of Grossman, Grossman was then the 2nd string behind Beck before the season, managed to start the season, got pulled for Beck, and now he is back.

That is a wonderful resume for McNabb.

Could also add that Donnie was pulled for a rookie QB, but I didnt want to harm his chances.

Sleep

Juniors
He's done. He should hang it up. Minnesota was the best fit for him and he was awful there. They had a strong running game and all he had to do was manage the passing game in a system he already knew.

It's over.

And Luck will be drafted this year. If the Colts pick him up I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade Manning depending on how ready they think Luck is.

legend

Coach
Big issue with Manning is the cap hit the Colts will take if they trade him. If they are prepared to cut ties with Manning, it's going to be something like a $30 million cap hit and that affects the Colts chances to rebuild the team.

This is the problem when you rely on one player to build your franchise around, especially if he suffers a potentially career ending injury.

Jono078

Referee
I say the Colts keep both Luck and Manning the first year at least let Luck sit but also give him some game time.

Big Tim

First Grade
Luck playing as a rookie = Alex Smith
Luck playing after holding a clipboard = Eli or Rodgers

Keep Manning.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah the whole thing about starting QBs....just because there's been a few good ones doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
For starters look at Bradford...lights out in his first year but the second year he's struggling bigtime....has no receivers or O-Line but he's still fumbling and looks lost at times.

Cam Newton has done well this year as has Dalton but I expect the second year to be more challenging....look at Flacco...he's been pretty average.
The only guy that's started and continued to be consistently good is Big Doucebag Ben.

Luck sits behind Manning for a year or so (it really isn't going to much longer than that with the injury he has) he becomes a much better QB.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree
you draft luck, you sit him behind Manning for 1-2 years and then you have yourself set for 15 years

legend

Coach
I think Luck sees himself as a "play now" QB as opposed to riding the pine for a season or two.

kurt faulk

Coach

manning has gone on record many times stating that a qb picked at #1 should start straight away. i think the colts start all over again and trade manning to the redskins, the only team that would pay his outlandish salary.

manning to the skins eh...

why wouldnt you..if your the dolphins. you have a class A receiver in Marshall. you have an up and coming back and a resurgent reggie bush. the defence is quite good.

you have brady in the division. why wouldnt you go all out for #18?

kurt faulk

Coach
pixel.gif
Peyton Manning QB IND
20 Hrs Indianapolis Colts 15 Comments
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes the Colts can indeed trade Peyton Manning if they get Manning to rework his $28 million option bonus.
"There are a lot of ways to get around this, but clearly re-doing the contract is the first step," said Lombardi, a former NFL GM. Manning's $28 million option is due right around the start of the new league year, so the Colts will need quick cooperation from both Peyton and another team in order to pull this off, particularly if Manning won't delay the payment. Lombardi suspects the Colts will try to trade him out of the conference to an NFC team, suggesting the Redskins. "Lot of money, lot of availability," said Lombardi. "And oh, by the way, they really need a quarterback badly. They need a signature face on their franchise."

Shorty

Staff member
I think Luck sees himself as a "play now" QB as opposed to riding the pine for a season or two.
Well I think the Colts have a decision to make I suppose.
Trading him...yeah I don't know I dislike the idea and I think Manning has a couple of good years still left in him.
All that Luck has atm is hype and yes I've seen him play but the hype around him is absolutely ridiculous.

I think they're better off doing a trade with other teams in the draft.

Big Mick

Referee
Manning to Redskins has been doing the rounds for the last month or so.

Washington post started the rumour, then Dan Patrick Show had some rumours, now everyone else seems to be running with it.

legend

Coach
Redskins are an obvious choice for the Colts IMO. NFC team, not a division rival and a team who love to spend big money on players. They also need a franchise QB and the Colts can rebuild through the draft with the pick(s) trading Manning would give them.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I can see the skins doing it and it makes sense for the colts to ship him to an NFC team, but i dont see how that deal helps the skins long term, with manning's injury and his age, id say he has 2-3 years in him tops. Are the redskins really in a "win now" mode? I dont think so

They would be better off picking their QB for the next decade through a draft/trade for one of the good young back ups, then get manning and suck less and delay their rebuild at QB for another few years

legend

Coach
What if the Skins get Manning and then draft Barkly and have him learn from Manning for a season or two?

I could see that working. A lot will depend on what happens with Mike Shanahan once the season is done.

Tom155

Coach
My Predictions from a long way out on the QB's

Luck - Colts
Griffin III - Redskins
Barkley - Miami
Jones - KC
Foles - Seahawks

colts would be extremely stupid to trade luck

Last edited: