What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly strikes gold on Eels debut

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Poor Luke Kelly. First he is overshadowed by the big 3 in Melbourne. Now he comes to Parra and the finds the fans will only given him two pages before they start talking about themselves / the club's woes / the coach etc. When will he ever get some airtime!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate we all want what's best for our team. But mostly we just want to piss and moan.

Look how quiet this place is after a win.

Bigfella

Coach
Why do people seem to think arguing with other people's opinions on an Internet forum is the worst thing someone can do in here?

Like my mate said who got asked to leave the pub because he was drunk and harassing women - "What else do you think I come here for?".

But the funniest thing is that people then accuse him of beig aggressive and rude and spend all their time straight out abusing him on a personal level. It's so stupid and hypocritical it's almost weird.

Gronk

Staff member
Typical skip, dogs need to be outside.

Actually those balkan dogs need to be outside. No wonder they keep them on chains. Mean mothers. Here's a tip. Anything that looks like this is not a "pet".

0.jpg

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Why do people seem to think arguing with other people's opinions on an Internet forum is the worst thing someone can do in here?

Like my mate said who got asked to leave the pub because he was drunk and harassing women - "What else do you think I come here for?".

But the funniest thing is that people then accuse him of beig aggressive and rude and spend all their time straight out abusing him on a personal level. It's so stupid and hypocritical it's almost weird.

I agree it's weird. I wish we could all be friends and get along.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Keating runs out of puff IMO, we really lack dummy half impact towards the latter parts of the half. I like Keating as a player, but a 10-15 spurt from a fit Roberts could be beneficial in those tough games. Or it could backfire and he could have a number of brain farts.

I like Keating as a defensive hooker, but I don't like him AT ALL as an attacking hooker.

He doesn't run out of puff, he just isn't crisp in passing the ball to the halves, and is poor in bringing the forwards over the ad line.
I'm flabbergasted that all the people who were hacking him out as "useless" are now looking at him as a long term part of our plans ESPECIALLY when his game has not improved one iota.

And even IF Keating is knackered (he's not, he's just no good) it doesn't mean Roberts HAS to be in the mix. We have a far more 'attacking' hooker playing for Wenty, who also struggles less than Roberts with the whole tackling thing.

The only mix Roberts makes up is the halves mix. If we want him to play in the halves, fine. Otherwise he's a backup in case someone gets ruled out before the game due to injury.

Gronk

Staff member
Watching Buderus last night, I reckon that MK is equal to him now, minus the deft stab kick in goal.

oldmancraigy

Coach
In all fairness I did say I'd take his word for it. Then I explained my opinion and backed it up with some evidence.

If Avenger says he saw Ben Roberts at dummy half then I believe him. I saw Ben Roberts at dummy half earlier this year, when he grabbed the ball and ran over the top of Daly Cherry-Evans.

Even if you take his word for it, the most likely scenario is that of the 5-6 games that it is possible Roberts came on at hooker, he only came on because of injury to someone else.

That in no way qualifies him to play hooker again on a regular basis!

Or to put it another way:
Because Rory Brien played wing in first grade last year, we now should be considering him as a winger in our future planning.
And we should be considering picking him at winger because he's a good backrower for Wenty, and because wingers make hitups and have to catch the ball - and he can catch it when it's passed to him and make a hitup early in the tackle count.

There's a certain lack of logic to the argument. And a stubborn refusal to see that in almost 100 games, Roberts has never before been picked as a hooker, and (to the best evidence available) never been chosen as a bench hooker either. The argument to pick him is based on an appearance at dummy half when someone else was injured.

I don't see it.

Strider: sorry for arguing about it - but at least it's footy related and not an argument about SK or the board!!

True EEL

Bench
I'll take your word for it.

I just find it hard to believe if he was used at dummy half, he was never once named in the number nine jersey.

Wow.....Pou Pou just took someone's word for something?! I don't know how many times I've had this particular arguement (Roberts playing dummy-half at times with the Dogs) with him and he wouldn't accept it from me....I think the world has now changed forever!!! :? ;-)

True EEL

Bench
The talking thing is good but can he set up tries or put players into holes? That is what I want to know.

Yes, I believe he can. he was the Captain of the Storm's Grand Final-winning U-20's team in 2009 and he was the fulcrum of their attack. Also, the talking and direction component of his game should not be underestimated.

True EEL

Bench
Contrary to some people's beliefs, I actually think Poupou has been a much welcomed addition to this forum as he provides intellectual insight that very few others are capable of.
He's also is a devil's advocate of sorts, and generally takes the piss out of himself as much as he does others.
Funnily enough, some of the more respected people on this foum that I have spoken to personally think the same thing. On the other hand, some of the more egotistical people I've spoken to think he's a wanker.
Each to their own of course, but I think he's ok.

well, I guess it is a partner's duty to stick up for his/her beloved, no matter what, right??? :roll: f**k me, what tripe :roll: and egotistical?! please, just stop, Suity...wow :lol:

Latest posts