What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Anderson to help Stephen Kearney at Parramatta Eels

bartman

Immortal
What will be very interesting will be what the Telecrap's go-to man, Ray Price, has to say should things not improve or even get worse on the field. Watch this space...
I'm sure it will somehow end up Fitzy's fault, if for some reason Price can't now deliver the results himself....:sarcasm:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Never a dull moment at the Eels !

You're absolutely right and it's never a dull moment in here either, seriously, we will never be satisfied as supporters no matter which direction our club will take and we've always been a hard crowd to please..even though the board in their reactive wisdom decided to appoint a 2 time premiership winning coach to assist Kearney in getting this team back on track but no..... He's failed at the roosters, he was shit at cronulla, he'll drag kimmorely back, we'll end up playing without a marker or his ticker isn't strong enough....fair dinkum!! Will we all be satisfied as a collective group?? ... No! In fact you can bet your bottom filler than you'll see the same amount of bitching and moaning if we appointed Bennett to the role..

Wellcome to the club ando, we need you... Bring it on!

oldmancraigy

Coach
You're absolutely right and it's never a dull moment in here either, seriously, we will never be satisfied as supporters no matter which direction our club will take and we've always been a hard crowd to please..even though the board in their reactive wisdom decided to appoint a 2 time premiership winning coach to assist Kearney in getting this team back on track but no..... He's failed at the roosters, he was shit at cronulla, he'll drag kimmorely back, we'll end up playing without a marker or his ticker isn't strong enough....fair dinkum!! Will we all be satisfied as a collective group?? ... No! In fact you can bet your bottom filler than you'll see the same amount of bitching and moaning if we appointed Bennett to the role..

#1amigo?

oldmancraigy

Coach
[[That was a sophisticated joke by the way. Suggesting you're out on your own and nobody will agree with you stagger]]

bartman

Immortal
Will we all be satisfied as a collective group?? ... No!
Making it to the 8 on average once every two years (or perhaps higher) should be enough to make everyone happy, surely?

We were going well in that regard, up until SK was appointed and - unless as Pricey says we make the finals this year - then you could say it hasn't paid off and we've gone backwards. No-one is happy when their club is going backwards.

Gronk

Staff member

Keep ya shirt on Muz. See this is what I don't get. Opinions are thrown around here like we're sitting in a group at the pub. Sometimes we agree and others not.

So what if some think that Chris Anderson is a muppet ? Is there any point getting miffed because others don't share your opinion ? Hey maybe it'll work out for the better. Hope it does !

Cheers !

cheersbostonPR_428x269_to_468x312.jpg

barney gumble

Juniors
Kearney obviously needs help, so a two time premiership winning and former Aussie coach is worth a try to assist. I recall Anderson's teams being very much of a defensive mould, though he coached at least a footballer's generation ago, very different style of player now.

bartman

Immortal
Keep ya shirt on Muz. See this is what I don't get. Opinions are thrown around here like we're sitting in a group at the pub. Sometimes we agree and others not.

So what if some think that Chris Anderson is a muppet ? Is there any point getting miffed because others don't share your opinion ? Hey maybe it'll work out for the better. Hope it does !

Cheers !

cheersbostonPR_428x269_to_468x312.jpg
I look at this place just like a pub - god knows you'd have to be drunk to keep coming back :alcho:

And that's exactly why I can't understand why certain people here seem to get so upset at what other people think about some issues? It's like we're all sitting around just having a yarn - and then a couple of intense f**kwits come up and try to glass you because of something they thought you said, or the way they thought you checked out their girlfriend or something :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal

Please, for the love of God, stop making sense. I'll have to be in here more if it becomes contagious.

Very happy with the appointment. Not surprised the regular few aren't.

oldmancraigy

Coach
What exactly will Anderson be able to do between now and seasons end anyway?

He is "coaching director"? So I suppose we're not bringing him in to coach the team, rather to 'direct the coaches'.

If he's going to mentor SK and teach him some things, all well and good - however it will take him a few weeks of observation before he's even able to make recommendations.
If he's going to come in and start bossing people around, then he's pseudo head coach.
If he's going to come in and run the drills that SK wants him to, then he's not "coaching director".

I'm starting to agree that this is just a stunt so that we can wash our hands of SK a little more cleanly. "We gave him all the help he wanted, we even gave him Pricey - but he couldn't even make it work with a club legend around". Fired.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I look at this place just like a pub - god knows you'd have to be drunk to keep coming back :alcho:

Gronk only drinks prune juice at this pub.
He also only posts here when on the throne.
Seems the prune juice does the job of keeping him regular

Tony Bongo

Bench
You guys are hard to please. You should be happy with how things are going. Geez.

#2 Amigo?
You're right ME- we sign an experienced winger who played for Australia 12 times and they're still not happy.
I agree with Stagger.
I'm looking forward to finding out what he thinks about our club now and what he feels he has to offer before I make too many judgments. I'm also willing to give him more than one day before I write his contribution to our coaching staff off and say it's not going to work. He might be one of the missing ingredients this club needs - only time will tell.

#numberthreeamigo

barney gumble

Juniors

And that's exactly why I can't understand why certain people here seem to get so upset at what other people think about some issues? It's like we're all sitting around just having a yarn - and then a couple of intense f**kwits come up and try to glass you because of something they thought you said, or the way they thought you checked out their girlfriend or something :lol:

Nice work with the hyperlinks!!

People are much 'braver' in a place like this then they'd ever be at any pub though, Mr. 'People' that you mentioned being a particular case in point.

Suitman

Post Whore
I agree with Stagger.
I'm looking forward to finding out what he thinks about our club now and what he feels he has to offer before I make too many judgments. I'm also willing to give him more than one day before I write his contribution to our coaching staff off and say it's not going to work. He might be one of the missing ingredients this club needs - only time will tell.

Completely agree.

Suity

Latest posts