What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Mk 3

Moffo

Referee
60k PAX by end of tonight...with members thrown in this is going to hit 75 you'd have to think

Who else is f**king pumped?

Yoda

Juniors
With the support both teams have, it'll be a disgrace if it doesn't sell out.

elbusto

Coach
I am flying in from Tassie on Saturday to watch this game. Costing me nearly a thousand bucks (including behavioural pursuits).

And I do not even follow either side :)

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I went to Parra v Dogs was better atmosphere than the GF the week after...

GF's have too many neutrals...

You will get 38000 fanatics from each team...

You never get that,,, not at GF not at origin, never..

Brutus

Referee
Parra v Dogs atmos was stunning in 09. Ridiculous.

It was twice as good as the Tigers v Dragons prelim in 05 at the SFS and that's saying something because it was wild at that game.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Yeah i went to tigers v Dragons as well, when benji set up that first try the place went nuts...

All i could think is why dont we have this kind of game every Friday night at SFS...

ouwet

Bench
South Sydney membership manager is saying that ANZ members are included in the 57K... She is saying mid 60's is being predicted unless the media pumps the game up tomorrow big time, will take a massive push to get crowd over 70,000! Disappointing if true, hopefully they sell another 10K tomorrow + some walk ups on saturday.

Big Sam

First Grade
South Sydney membership manager is saying that ANZ members are included in the 57K... She is saying mid 60's is being predicted unless the media pumps the game up tomorrow big time, will take a massive push to get crowd over 70,000! Disappointing if true, hopefully they sell another 10K tomorrow + some walk ups on saturday.

If we don't hit 75k it will be the Dogs fans fault. From my understanding we've still bought up 60% of the tickets. C'mon Dogs fans - would love to see the game reach 75-80k.

Raiderdave

First Grade
at this stage Dogs fans had bought more tickets to the week one Friday Night game V Manly

I mean :sarcasm:...... what the hell is going on :crazy:

Moffo

Referee

Who is the souffs membership manager? Bruce longbottom? :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
firechild said:
Fact is Parra have a huge potential fanbase but the majority of it is just bandwagoners. When Parra are going rubbish few outside the core supporter group will even publicly acknowledge their support for the club but when they reach a GF, they pretend they were always there.

BunniesMan said:
As opposed to your fans who won't acknowledge their club even after 8 consecutive years of finals, 2 premierships and a great chance at a 3rd.

Parras crowd this year in the 3rd consecutive year of crap that club has dished out: 16,803 (very similar number to the number you got FOR A FINAL)
Manlys crowd: 14,593

So Parra got well over 2000 people more to games than you did, this is in a spoon year and the year after almost getting the spoon compared to yet another year of top 4 contention for your mob.

So in other words, Parra at their lowest have more fans than Manly at their highest.

If I was you I wouldn't bitch about them having bandwagoners. I bet your club would like some bandwagoners.

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with BM.

Suity

firechild

First Grade
But I'm not claiming we have a huge fanbase like others are. Hard to guage what our low point is because our low point coincided with the NE debacle when a lot of fans were lost from the game. I think nearly 15,000 is a pretty decent average for a club that lost so many fans around a decade ago and is so widely hated. People don't jump on the Manly bandwagon so we don't pick up too many kids that are looking for a club to support. Parra are lucky that they suffered no such injustice.

Brutus

Referee

Very disappointing.

Serves the cheap arse NRL right though. The promotion has been terrible.

Just when we started to think a prelim final between two big sydney teams was a guaranteed 70k.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Great. By my calculations it'll be around 65k when it gets to 50/50. Add in ANZ members and we should get the 75-80k

ahhhhh :sarcasm:
according to your own clubs membership manager
they're already included
( I dunno she may be wrong but I'd doubt it )

so we've had

Day 1 20,000
Day 2 22,000
Day 3 8,000
Day 4 7,000

they'll trend down a bit tomorrow again so
Day 5 5,000 to 6,000
Day 6 3,000 to 4,000 including walk ups ... there were very few in 09 or 10

we'll struggle to get to 70,000

my down graded crowd tip

which is almost a fail in my opinion :x