What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Jono078

Referee
Picked it up this morning..

Loving a lot of it but gameplay just as all previous Rugby League games, you never feel 100% in control of what you're doing. My passes never go to who I want from dummy half, sometimes he doesn't even pass from there right away.

What do you guys usually do on a simple hit up? Just flick the right stick randomly or have a purpose to it? I just push up all the time.

Also general kicking is taking some time getting use to I grubber when I want to punt. And defusing bombs I feel is very automated.

Otherwise I'm liking it and the control of players and how they move and everything else about the game like loading and all. Hopefully I just get used to it.

beave

Coach
I find holding the left or right pass button while the dummy half is ready to pass, you can then choose who you want to pass to from the ruck and he will always pass it to the chosen reciever. That seems to be the easiest way to make decent yardage via hit ups

Someone

Bench
Picked it up this morning..

Loving a lot of it but gameplay just as all previous Rugby League games, you never feel 100% in control of what you're doing. My passes never go to who I want from dummy half, sometimes he doesn't even pass from there right away.

What do you guys usually do on a simple hit up? Just flick the right stick randomly or have a purpose to it? I just push up all the time.

Also general kicking is taking some time getting use to I grubber when I want to punt. And defusing bombs I feel is very automated.

Otherwise I'm liking it and the control of players and how they move and everything else about the game like loading and all. Hopefully I just get used to it.

you will get use to the controls and the arm wrestle type of gameplay this game offers.

Its like any other game you play, takes time to master.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Online is a bargeoverfest,f**king dog moves lol,but its ok im still smashing morons like this rooster a game ago

From my games it seems that dummy halves running away from the ruck and then passing back into it is an incredibly easy way of making metres as there is always a huge gap there.

I shouldn't have ordered online delivery. Won't get it until early next week and if the online comp is still going I'll be green. Oh well. Here come the Bears!

Geohood

Bench
Played 1 game online with my 2013 roosters team.. Sbw was awesome haha sat the first defender he's ever encountered on his ass with a mean 99 rated shoulder charge.. Great initiation to my team!

Son of Minto

Bench
Here was my ANZAC Test team lol

1. Matt Bowen, 2. Luke Burt, 3. Jamie Lyon, 4. Phil Graham, 5. Colin Best, 6. Jamie Soward, 7. LUKE WALSH, 8. Mitchell Pearce, 9. Cameron Smith, 10. Nathan Hindmarsh, 11. Anthony Tupou, 12. Dave Taylor, 13. Greg Bird. Bench: 14. Shaun Berrigan, 15. Matt Cooper, 16. Michael Crocker 17. Ben Pomeroy

The Queensland side they chose wasnt bad. Prince kept getting picked over Cronk and after game 1 Cam Smith got dropped for Travis Waddell. I has a backline of Bowen, O'Neill, Gagai, Inglis and Yow Yeh and they tore it up.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Finally got around to playing it for a few hours today.....and my problems with it are the same as a few of the recent League games....I seem to fricking suck balls at it.

I can defend fairly well for the most part, but I get nowhere in attack.
I'm changed up the difficulty a few times started on middle one (whatever they're called) and got smashed, tried 2nd easiest, just got beaten, played easiest and ran over opponents without trying (so I don't wanna play that one) went back to 2nd easiest and haven't won from 4 matches, only scored in 1 game, 2 tries.

Is it coz I'm using Newcastle lol?

Any hints or tips for me please guys.
Should I use the fend button always, occasionally?
Do u need to swap from fend to tackle break during the tackle?

I'm not into sports games but being league I really want to play it.

The Eagle

Juniors
Finally got around to playing it for a few hours today.....and my problems with it are the same as a few of the recent League games....I seem to fricking suck balls at it.

I can defend fairly well for the most part, but I get nowhere in attack.
I'm changed up the difficulty a few times started on middle one (whatever they're called) and got smashed, tried 2nd easiest, just got beaten, played easiest and ran over opponents without trying (so I don't wanna play that one) went back to 2nd easiest and haven't won from 4 matches, only scored in 1 game, 2 tries.

Is it coz I'm using Newcastle lol?

Any hints or tips for me please guys.
Should I use the fend button always, occasionally?
Do u need to swap from fend to tackle break during the tackle?

I'm not into sports games but being league I really want to play it.

Learn the controls

Play smart stop letting the blood rush and forward or side on the other analog stick is palm or side step although stepping is meh, play the arm wrestle and win

Zoidberg

First Grade
Learn the controls

Play smart stop letting the blood rush and forward or side on the other analog stick is palm or side step although stepping is meh, play the arm wrestle and win

:lol: yeah I got that bit

Thanks. I'll give it another go today.

edabomb

First Grade
I just caught the ball on the full in goal defending and was tackled. I was ordered to take a line drop out. Is this common or just a once in a while bug?

Jono078

Referee
What sort of tackle should I be attempting when the winger is 1 on 1 with the opposite winger 10m out?

I ALWAYS get fended off and they score, it's how I concede 95% of the tries against me.

Parra Pride

Coach
What sort of tackle should I be attempting when the winger is 1 on 1 with the opposite winger 10m out?

I ALWAYS get fended off and they score, it's how I concede 95% of the tries against me.

Go low, press A or Y (assuming you're on Xbox).

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Learn the controls

Have to disagree with the stepping. Though it's only good with certain players.

Raping face with Josh Dugan and Michael Jennings with the step.