What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Eligibility changes

El Diablo

Post Whore
Who gives a f**k

He hasn't played for them and has spent 5 minutes of his life there

Get your carer to explain it to you

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Who gives a f**k

The ARLC - ie the only ones that matter.

Cry about it to someone who cares. Perhaps you'll find another demented Blues fan with a desire to see a player in their jersey who wants absolutely nothing to do with their team.

Last edited:

Son of Minto

Bench
Who gives a f**k

He hasn't played for them and has spent 5 minutes of his life there

Get your carer to explain it to you

And yet it looks like Sims is still eligible for Qld. Perhaps youre the one who needs someone to spell it out for you, you mouthbreather.

If Sims is allowed to play for Qld it means the new laws are not being upheld and the aren't worth anything. Not that he is anywhere near the actual Origin side. Mal and his crew are probably telling him he is a. able to play for Qld and b. in line for a call-up just to keep him away from any potential NSW camp etc. You know they'd happily f**k a young man over to do this.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If Sims is allowed to play for Qld it means the new laws are not being upheld and the aren't worth anything. Not that he is anywhere near the actual Origin side. Mal and his crew are probably telling him he is a. able to play for Qld and b. in line for a call-up just to keep him away from any potential NSW camp etc. You know they'd happily f**k a young man over to do this.

220px-ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore

Qft

Then why is a player NOT eligible for Qld in the Qld camp? He can't play for them under the rules. We all know Qlders don't play by the rules, which is why Inglis plays for them, but even they must surely realise they are only wasting this kid's time. He is not eligible for Qld so why are they telling him he is?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Tariq Sims said in an interview that they both supported the Blues IIRC

The Queensland mob would have just got him to sign a bit of paper promising him the world if he put Queensland down

So answer the question then.

To be eligible for Qld he:

MUST have lived there before the age of 13 - NO
His dad MUST have played for Qld - NO
He MUST have already played Origin for Qld - NO

If Sims is clearly ineligible for Qld why has Mal roped him into an emerging Origin camp? I expect a hilarious answer.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

If Sims is clearly ineligible for Qld why has Mal roped him into an emerging Origin camp? I expect a hilarious answer.

As has been stated in this thread several times, he declared allegiance for QLD under the old rules and was selected and trained with the Under 20s QLD State of Origin side. He only pulled out due to injury, but selection and playing would make him eligible for QLD. This has already been allowed by the ARLC as they have stated that they did not want to make a retrospective ruling on his case given that as he was selected and trained with QLD, forcing him to swap to NSW would be ludicrous.

Not the hilarious answer you were looking for I assume, but a logical one.

El Diablo

Post Whore

Queensland don't follow rules and they don't want Queenslanders in their Origin team

Big Pete

Referee
Originally the Under 20s game was to determine permanent eligibility but I believe it came out that it didn't during the whole Taumalolo mess.

But I get at what Frank is saying. Korbin declared himself a Queenslander before the new rules come in. Whether or not they will allow it if he ever comes into the frame will be interesting.

Surely NSW will never pick him regardless.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Its nuts but it looks to be within the rules I guess

Why a South Coast born and bred player would want to rep for Qld is beyond me. His big brothers need to belt some sense into him

As has been stated in this thread several times, he declared allegiance for QLD under the old rules and was selected and trained with the Under 20s QLD State of Origin side. He only pulled out due to injury, but selection and playing would make him eligible for QLD. This has already been allowed by the ARLC as they have stated that they did not want to make a retrospective ruling on his case given that as he was selected and trained with QLD, forcing him to swap to NSW would be ludicrous.

Not the hilarious answer you were looking for I assume, but a logical one.
So he is ineligible.

He did NOT live in Qld before he turned 13.
His dad did NOT play for Qld
and
He has NOT played Origin for Qld.

If he is allowed to play it is in violation of the rules.

Greg Inglis... Bowraville Tigers
Korbin Sims... Kiama Knights

Qld won't be happy until the whole list is made up of NSW clubs.