What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Eligibility changes

Canard

Immortal
This discussion has never been had on LU ever before.

The argument always boils down to whether schoolboy football is considered senior football or not.

What happened to the posts from the Union stooge in here by the way?

First Grade
This discussion has never been had on LU ever before.

The argument always boils down to whether schoolboy football is considered senior football or not.

What happened to the posts from the Union stooge in here by the way?

Even back in 2009 QLD was concerned some of their youth would be lost but because they played for Palm Beach Currumbin High in the Arrive Alive Cup they were eligible for QLD as the Arrive Alive Cup was then (and also when Inglis played in it) deemed to be Senior Football. The rules stated Your first Senior game of footy over the age of 16 was who you were eligible for. Thus Inglis rnning on for Hunter Sports High at the age of 16 in the Arrive Alive Cup (deemed eligible as a senior comp) was then eligible for NSW no ifs or buts.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/02/23/52045_gold-coast-titans.html

Story about the titans being concerned that their youth would be eligible for NSW and not QLD.

Canard

Immortal
Yeh however 2009 is a little after Inglis's debut when this stuff had been resolved to an extent.

The issue with schoolboys footy has always been tricky because of the age gap between NSW and QLD schools.

Still glad they resolved most of this with the new ruling I mean playing for the junior Kiwis and then NSw and Qld was getting ridiculous

First Grade
Yeh however 2009 is a little after Inglis's debut when this stuff had been resolved to an extent.

The issue with schoolboys footy has always been tricky because of the age gap between NSW and QLD schools.

Still glad they resolved most of this with the new ruling I mean playing for the junior Kiwis and then NSw and Qld was getting ridiculous

No there was never anything tricky it was first senior game after the age of 16 and the Arrive Alive Cup was classified as a senior comp. I'm not trying to argue just the facts are the facts there are no grey areas.

No there was never anything tricky it was first senior game after the age of 16 and the Arrive Alive Cup was classified as a senior comp. I'm not trying to argue just the facts are the facts there are no grey areas.

The Black and the White of it is that the new rules are not retrospective. They apply to every situation from their introduction but apply not for arrangements already in place. That is just that fact and the facts are the facts. There are no grey areas.

Inglis is a Maroon.

Canard

Immortal
That's the way champ when presented with a calm factual argument, revert to childish responses. Move on you are done son.

You keep saying that in threads ? Why are you scared to discuss things? Those facts are just your opinion mate not facts at all.

First Grade
The Black and the White of it is that the new rules are not retrospective. They apply to every situation from their introduction but apply not for arrangements already in place. That is just that fact and the facts are the facts. There are no grey areas.

Inglis is a Maroon.

Im not saying that the rules are retrospective, at the time the rules were whichever state you played your first senior game in over the age of 16 was the state you were eligible for.

Inglis played whilst he was over the age of 16 for Hunter Sports High (NSW) in the Arrive Alive Cup, which at the time was deemed a Senior Competition.

He was eligible to play for NSW that is the facts. He chose to play for QLD for whatever reason is known to him and frankly I don't care.

I am saying that regardless of what people say the facts are not in doubt he was eligible for NSW not QLD.

First Grade
You keep saying that in threads ? Why are you scared to discuss things? Those facts are just your opinion mate not facts at all.

Nice attempt at deflection, you are the one that are unable to (perhaps in your own words "scared") to discuss things, you simply revert to childish comebacks once facts are presented to you.

What is my opinion and not fact from the below list?

Inglis played in the Arrive Alive cup at the age of 16 for Hunter Sports High.
At the time he played for HSH the Arrive Alive cup was deemed a Senior competition.
Origin eligibilty at the time he played for HSH deemd you to be eligible to play for the state you firs played senior footy in.

There you go there is your opportunity to show everyone that you are capable of a discussion and are not just a troll.

Also I provided links so whilst you are marvelling everyone with disproving my facts as non facts please provide links to support your argument.

Canard

Immortal
As I said 10 years ago schoolboy footy wasn't seen as Senior footy, nothing you have presented has changed that.

And the ARL ruled at the time that he played his first senior game in QLD.

Funny how Inglis causes so much angst yet Jimmy T and Uate are fine.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
As I said 10 years ago schoolboy footy wasn't seen as Senior footy, nothing you have presented has changed that.

Incorrect

The ARL actually said he shouldn't be playing for Queensland but seeing he'd played one game for them couldn't reverse the decision

First Grade

As El Diablo has stated below you are incorrect the ARL never ruled that the Arrive Alive Cup was not Senior footy (where is your link to support that claim?).

Im not saying that the rules are retrospective, at the time the rules were whichever state you played your first senior game in over the age of 16 was the state you were eligible for.

Inglis played whilst he was over the age of 16 for Hunter Sports High (NSW) in the Arrive Alive Cup, which at the time was deemed a Senior Competition.

He was eligible to play for NSW that is the facts. He chose to play for QLD for whatever reason is known to him and frankly I don't care.

I am saying that regardless of what people say the facts are not in doubt he was eligible for NSW not QLD.

I am saying that regardless of what you say the facts are not in doubt. He is playing for QLD.

You are pissing into the wind.

Canard

Immortal
As El Diablo has stated below you are incorrect the ARL never ruled that the Arrive Alive Cup was not Senior footy (where is your link to support that claim?).

Didn't claim that, I claimed that the ARL ruled at the time that his first senior game of footy was in Qld.

http:// http://web.archive.org/web/20070831060139/http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=2437

As for having the NSW RL CEO comment on player eligibility could you have picked a more impartial source.

What's Carr thoughts on Junior Kiwis playing for NSW??

Latest posts