What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Sphagnum

Coach
The dogs are f**ked without him.

What are they going to do, put Inu at fullback?

They'll spend 90% of the game defending their own try line with his mistake rate.

If it does prove to be the kind of offence that deserves a sacking ala Lui, Leo-Latu (try saying that) it will be interesting to see what the Dogs and NRL do. If they sack him some other club will sign him for sure, unless he is de-registered. There needs to be a proper policy in such events. The club involved can't be allowed to lose a player just because he offended while at that club only for any other club to take advantage.

Packy

Bench
Him being separated from his ex isn't exactly slander when he has in fact separated.

NFI what the rest of the story is but I know I wasn't alone in holding my breath when word came out that they had split. Not having the kids around and the influence of a long term missus can really f**k a young mans decision making processes up.

Bench
Dean Ritchie was on FOX saying he is unsure of the exact details but,Barba has split with the mother of his 2 kids,and has been drinking and gambling heavily.
But if Wally is right,then the bar is set at 1 year,the Cowboys would fight any suspension less than that,and rightly so,we will just have to wait for the whole story,which will not take very long if recent history is a gauge.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think people thinking this will ruin Bulldogs season are kidding themselves.

Even if he were out for the year, they're still a premiership favourite IMO.

Red Bear

Referee
His importance is magnified by their lack of halves and Graham missing the first ten weeks (or so), this is a pretty big blow for the Dogs but they've made the right call here.

I was thinking drinking problem, judging by the press release but I guess gambling fits that as well, domestic violence is a horrible thing though, and any suspension etc would be well warrented should he be guilty of this.

Latest posts