What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Canard

Immortal
FOX were just reading tweets,and they said Wally has said it is domestic violence related,so nine and Wally surely can't be that stupid in todays climate to just go off here say or make stuff up.

So information about what was stated isn't even second hand, its third hand and via twitter!!!

Back to Barba, reading between the lines its seemed to be a depression or addiction issue, but why would you get stood down for that??

Hanscholo

Bench
All i know is, you dont stop going to work because you are going through a breakup and have a gambling problem. You can manage those things without the need for a complete stop to your career.

ek999

First Grade

betcats

Referee
I wouldn't imagine they would use words like "suspended" and "stood down" if he was just seeking help either.

This.

A suspension in any walk of like is generally handed out as a punishment. I can't see Barba being punished for having a gambling problem or breaking up with his GF.

Sleep

Juniors
If he's out the Bulldogs are screwed. I doubt he'll be out long term. Maybe a week or two.

Canard

Immortal
Barba approached his management and the Bulldogs saying he needed help. He could have asked to be stood down. No one knows

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-superstar-barba/story-e6frexnr-1226584977056

You wouldn't word it that way though, surely it would be "seeks a leave of absence" or "ask for some time to get his personal life resolved".

If what your saying is true then the Bulldogs PR are the WORST run organisation in the games history.

Maybe a week or two.

If this is true, then I repeat Bulldogs PR are the WORST run organisation in the games history. "Injured Barba needs some time to recover"

Bulldogs are far to savvy, far to smart, far too well run for any of the above to ring true.

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
Yeah good point. Hopefully there will be more info when Greenberg does the press conference

El Diablo

Post Whore
FOX were just reading tweets,and they said Wally has said it is domestic violence related,so nine and Wally surely can't be that stupid in todays climate to just go off here say or make stuff up.

yes they can

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
All i know is, you dont stop going to work because you are going through a breakup and have a gambling problem. You can manage those things without the need for a complete stop to your career.

Justin Hodges - 2004

However that was Hodges asking for two weeks sympathy leave due to the break up. Barba must have done something pretty bad over the weekend (but not so bad that he was arrested......yet) for the Dogs to suspend him.