What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Big loss for the bulldogs and a big loss for Rugby league, I'm far from a bulldogs supporter, but l love watching him play!!

Mader45

Juniors
Speculation.... yeah!

A moderately successful athlete is in a loving relationship with a long term partner

Moderately successful athlete becomes incredibly huge and starts to attain wealth and celebrity status

Athlete makes a few bad life decisions riding on an ego trip

Long term partner doesn't appreciate some of these decisions and asks for a separation

Athlete isn't concerned. Still riding on a high.

Long term partner looks to move on from relationship with someone else. Athlete, realizing he has lost what was really important to him, gets defensive, confrontational and makes an enormous mistake in the heat of the moment.

Athlete spirals out of control in a heap of depression, anxiety and guilt.

Loses everything. Comes back down to earth. Takes a good look in the mirror.

I hope I'm wrong. Because I without a doubt believe that 99% of people, even the nicest most genuine people, are susceptible to dumb decisions when power corrupts.

Glenn

First Grade
Stood down indefinitely, until round 1 ;)

I guess time will tell the full extent of what is behind it.

skeepe

Immortal
No new information in the press conference, just Greenberg saying

"Hey everybody, come and see how good I look"

Sphagnum

Coach
Many young players who have had the same impact as him have not thrown their life away though.

I hope it isn't that dire but I wouldn't expect much less from a Queenslander.

Silent Knight

First Grade
This curse is the funniest thing in sport

What about this?

skye_s_iphone_up_to_17th_august_2012_072.JPG

Far Canal

Juniors
The sad thing is that from all reports and TV footage last year, Barber seems like a decent person.

Having said that suck shite to the Dogs.
:D

Diesel

Referee
Either way the articles I have read and the speculation about if its a ACC links (not confirmed), it doesn't look good for this gifted footballer.

Danish

Referee
To me the press conference has ruled out domestic violence, largely because Greenberg has said the issues Barba is facing he has had since he was a kid.

Other than that I'm sure we'll get bugger all out of it

Pierced Soul

First Grade
unless its criminal activity i expect him back for round 1, round 2 at the latest.

i hope it's not criminal activity it'd be a blow to the game if he was rubbed out for any length of time

Latest posts