What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

LESStar58

Referee
This is a big story but it won't last. All it will take is the Doggies to lose a few on the trot and he'll get hurried back.

dogslife

Coach
If it's that then the Dogs have handled it terribly.
How was it handled poorly? They got on the front foot, and let everyone know he wasn't going to be playing footy for a while, it would look a little strange if round 1 rolled around and your best player isn't there without explanation. And they're well within their rights to not divulge the nature of it if he hasn't done anything illegal and it truly is a personal matter.

Hooch

Juniors
If it was a personal matter a suspension isn't required you clown. You simply give them a leave of absence.

Barba must have given Hasler or someone a massive gobful.

That, or he has been eating babies.

Spot On

Coach
How was it handled poorly? They got on the front foot, and let everyone know he wasn't going to be playing footy for a while, it would look a little strange if round 1 rolled around and your best player isn't there without explanation. And they're well within their rights to not divulge the nature of it if he hasn't done anything illegal and it truly is a personal matter.

He was referring to a post that suggested Barba had a falling out with a team mate and the result is what you have seen today. No Ben. No contract. No play.

If that's the case, then it's been handled poorly.

theicemandanno

Juniors
All I will say is that Todd Greenberg is a clever cookie.

I wonder how history would have turned out if Todd was CEO of the Sharks a few years ago.......Parra might have different co-captains ;-)

dogslife

Coach
If it was a personal matter a suspension isn't required you clown. You simply give them a leave of absence.

Barba must have given Hasler or someone a massive gobful.

That, or he has been eating babies.
Well if he's broken team protocol a suspension is necessary, and as I said, we'd look pretty fuggin stupid if we kept quiet on the matter and then come round one your best player is mia

dogslife

Coach
He was referring to a post that suggested Barba had a falling out with a team mate and the result is what you have seen today. No Ben. No contract. No play.

If that's the case, then it's been handled poorly.
I thought it was made pretty obvious it was the culmination of a few issues and not an isolated incident. People can read into it any way they like though

Canard

Immortal
Well if he's broken team protocol a suspension is necessary, and as I said, we'd look pretty fuggin stupid if we kept quiet on the matter and then come round one your best player is mia

Players as good as Barba dont get stood down indefinitely for breaking team protocol very often.

Maybe a week or two but indefinitely?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Players as good as Barba dont get stood down indefinitely for breaking team protocol very often.

Maybe a week or two but indefinitely?

The Roosters did the same to Todd Carney in 2011 (suspended indefinitely) and I think he missed 1 or 2 matches tops. These things tend to last as long as a club can get by without the player.

Canard

Immortal
How often does a player of Barba's calibre go to their CEO and say I need help?

If that is what happened and they suspended him then what a bunch of prick's they would be.

I give the Dogs a lot more credit however

Latest posts