What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

nöyd

Staff member
Yeah, that's probably a safe bet, I wonder why that is.

menses-preparation-tampax.jpg

for your maroon blood

eozsmiles

Bench
I think the Dogs are dealing with this very well. It sounds like Barba has come forward for help because of some pretty serious personal problems and the club is serious about helping him. Obviously if that involves him not playing for a while there needs to be some explanation and I think thats why it has come out the way it has. Hopefully he gets things under control and can come back in a few months.

Todd said that Ben has broken club protocol. He also said Ben has come forward and asked for help with personal issues.

It sounds like he has broken the rules before he has asked for help. I think that is a fair assumption. Unless there has been an incident involving Ben and the club over the last couple of days that has immediately opened the floodgates, the club have known that he has been either struggling or misbehaving off the field.

I'm sure being depressed and gambling is not breaking club rules. And Todd made the point of saying rules had been broken. He said that it was not a police matter but did not seem clear on whether any illegal behaviour has been alleged or admitted too. But he was straight up in saying that Ben had let the club down.

So if the Dogs literally found out about something in the last 24-48 hours then they have handled it well by getting on the front foot.
If the Dogs have been sitting around watching destructive behaviour and hoping that Ben would be stable before round 1, and it has now imploded, then they haven't handled it well at all.

But now that everyone is onto it lets hope it all ends well.

coolumsharkie

Referee
So he had a blue with a teamate, thats what the news said. I would imagine the it would be a lot of little things and then the blue.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already.

Hooch

Juniors
Please explain to me what behavioural issue results in a marquee fullback being suspended by his club indefinitely - but that issue isn't severe enough to warrant disclosure to the media.

I cannot think of one.

Canard

Immortal
The wording is "the club was informed of a number of behavioral issues"

If it was blueing with a teammate that is an odd choice of wording.

Players blue all the time, a professional club like the Dogs would usually deal with that in house.

Shit players have punched on with the coach and had little had about it

ek999

First Grade
The wording is "the club was informed of a number of behavioral issues"

If it was blueing with a teammate that is an odd choice of wording.

Players blue all the time, a professional club like the Dogs would usually deal with that in house.

Shit players have punched on with the coach and had little had about it

420taylor-420x0.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its a range of issues and it goes back a long time, prior to his time at the Dogs according to Greenberg

he also described it as an illness, so if you cant join the dots from there there is something wrong

Latest posts