What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I think this increases the pressure on the Bulldogs. Their 2 best players are out now and it could be for a lengthy period, this year was always going to be tougher on them as they are the hunted now. Bulldogs won't have many points in them without Barba and Graham and will rely heavily on their defense.

for sure but Graham will be back by about Round 9 so they have plenty of time with their top forward pack intact. Certainly gives a sniff to teams like the Sharks and Cowboys to really get in the mix though.

super_coach

First Grade
I have no real idea what this is all about, but Todd Greenwood is one he'll of a operator,he makes the first move rather than waits for the NRL. The Dogs come out of this looking good, they have done the right thing by the club ,the game but more importantly Ben Barba.I hope he is back sooner than latter,he had a talent that most players could only dream of.

Springbokfly

Juniors
I have no real idea what this is all about, but Todd Greenwood is one he'll of a operator,he makes the first move rather than waits for the NRL. The Dogs come out of this looking good, they have done the right thing by the club ,the game but more importantly Ben Barba.I hope he is back sooner than latter,he had a talent that most players could only dream of.

Who??:lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
So has he "been stood down" or "suspended"?

Mixed use of the words in the media. Stood down would suggest may not be a offence, suspended would suggest he has done bad. Seeing as they are syaing he has breached their code of conduct it would suggest suspended.

barney gumble

Juniors

Ballsy decision, but time will tell if it was the right decision, could come back to bite him.

Only two weeks ago Barba scored three tries and looked in top form for the Indigenous team, obviously whatever the true issues are didn't effect his footy. If there has been a breach, than he should be penalised by the club and/or NRL. However, you'd have to think being around his mates and playing footy are the best things to help with 'personal issues'.

Too much talent there to be sitting in a shrink's chair.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think the Dogs are dealing with this very well. It sounds like Barba has come forward for help because of some pretty serious personal problems and the club is serious about helping him. Obviously if that involves him not playing for a while there needs to be some explanation and I think thats why it has come out the way it has. Hopefully he gets things under control and can come back in a few months.

bottle

Coach
Don't panic. Greenwood is on the case.

Btw, nice to see Channel 7 news didn't let us down, referring to the game being 'in crisis'. Love it.
Some nuffy named Greenburg was The Dogs' talking head though. Anyone heard of him?

Not sure if any of you have been through a relationship breakdown but if this is the case then it can knock you around big time financially and emotionally.

Good on him for stepping up and dealing with it.

Not sure if any of you have been through a relationship breakdown but if this is the case then it can knock you around big time financially and emotionally.

Good on him for stepping up and dealing with it.

Who says it was his choice to "deal with it"??

We don't know the facts yet. He may be responsible for something more serious than just a relationship break up. I'm reserving any judgement of him, and the bulldogs methods of dealing with this, until I hear more facts.

Latest posts